Medical Imaging Staff Required In Australia

Guest nicolahart

Guest nicolahart

We currently have many opportuinites for Sonographers and Radiographers all over Australia.

If you are a trained Sonographer or Radiographer or know someone who is please contact us on the details below. If you know any Brits back home who are qualified and are thinking of emigrating out here we can help them with their visa free of charge.

Our positions cover all levels of experience with competitive salaries in fabulous locations.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chris and Emily

Hi,

I am about to start a Radiography degree here in the UK and my husband is a Joiner. We intend to move over to Australia when i graduate on a general skilled visa in my husbands name with me as a spouse. During my course i will be undertaking alot of practical placements, electives and on-the-job learning/training (and of course registering myself with the relevant professional bodies). I was wondering what my chances would be of getting a job as a Radiographer in Australia when we come over given that I probably wont have any actual employment history as a Radiographer in the UK. Also, what sort of salary i'd be looking at.

Any help or advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Thanks

Emily

Guest Chris and Emily

Oh, forgot to mention - we're not quite sure yet exactly where in Australia we'll be moving to, but at the moment we are leaning towards the Perth area.

Guest nicolahart

Hi Emily,

You shouldn't have a problem coming over here once you've done your degree, there is a shortage of radiographers and sonographers. Commonwealth applicants are always favoured as well, which is great for you. You will need to do a PDY (personal development year) once you've completed your degree. Now if you already have your visas through by this point, you won't have trouble finding something over here at all. Wages will be around $35 per hour plus super (plus pension - 9% of salary) and that will continue to rise as you gain more experience.

Perth is definately a popular choice for the Brits, and theres plently of hospitals over there. Great weather, beaches and people. Good luck with your studies and feel free to ask me any other questions you might have.

Nic

Guest Chris and Emily
Hi Emily,

You shouldn't have a problem coming over here once you've done your degree, there is a shortage of radiographers and sonographers. Commonwealth applicants are always favoured as well, which is great for you. You will need to do a PDY (personal development year) once you've completed your degree. Now if you already have your visas through by this point, you won't have trouble finding something over here at all. Wages will be around $35 per hour plus super (plus pension - 9% of salary) and that will continue to rise as you gain more experience.

Perth is definately a popular choice for the Brits, and theres plently of hospitals over there. Great weather, beaches and people. Good luck with your studies and feel free to ask me any other questions you might have.

Nic

Hi Nic

Thanks very much for your reply. Just another quick question - about the PDY....what is it and will i have to do that in the UK of can i come over when ive graduated and do it in Australia? It is highly likely that we will have our visa's in place long before i graduate - so what will this mean? Also, you mention in your original post about helping people with their visa's free of charge - what sort of help would this be? We are looking to get the 176 WA SS skilled migrant visa. We had hoped to get the 175, however we only score 115 due to my husband being 33 this year. We looked into him doing the IELTS but to be honest it's expensive and looks pretty scary (lol and we're British!!) and as we are not required to do it as we both obviously hold UK passports, we would rather not do it! We will be looking to start the whoe visa process before my husband turns 34 next oct otherwise we lose another 5 points as he will jump up and age bracket. So any help/advice you could provide would be much appreciated. It all seems rather surreal at the moment but i'm sure once the big bucks start being paid for the visa and skills test reality will certainly kick in!

Also, could I ask you to briefly explain to me about 'super' and how it works in Australia as ive tried to look it up on the Oz govt website but it doesnt explain it well at all!

Thanks

Emily

• 1 month later...
Guest soozie

Hi there,

do you have any vacancies for medical imaging nurses? im a uk trained rgn with 20 years post qualifying expereince in a number of critical care areas. last 3 years have been in medical imaging; i work in all areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging including endoscopic interventions, myocardial perfusion imaging, as well as ultrasound, ct, mri and nuclear medicine.

can forward my cv to you if you have any vacancies/potential vacancies.

thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived