Bridging Visa from 457 to PR

xTINKSx

Hi Guys,

We will be applying for permanent residency (ENS) when our 457 expires. Can anyone please tell me whether we have to physically apply for a Bridging visa or is it automatically created upon receipt of the PR ENS application.

Due to the fact that there is a hairs breathe between our two year requirement for PR and our 457 expiring can anyone tell me when would be the absolute latest we could apply? (e.g. the day of expiry, a week before it expires, ..... etc etc).

Many thanks.

Jen x

Hi Guys,

We will be applying for permanent residency (ENS) when our 457 expires. Can anyone please tell me whether we have to physically apply for a Bridging visa or is it automatically created upon receipt of the PR ENS application.

Due to the fact that there is a hairs breathe between our two year requirement for PR and our 457 expiring can anyone tell me when would be the absolute latest we could apply? (e.g. the day of expiry, a week before it expires, ..... etc etc).

Many thanks.

Jen x

You dont need two years ,getyour employer to submit the nomination ,its nowt to do with time, your employer needs to put the nomination in

You dont need two years ,getyour employer to submit the nomination ,its nowt to do with time, your employer needs to put the nomination in

Thanks for your response Yorkshirepom but in our circumstances we need the two years as we are going for the requirement as we cant get our skills assessed - lonnnngggg story. lol

You can apply after you've been there for 2 years.. I'm doing ours the day after.. I'm not sure if your automatically granted a bridging visa cuz it's not done online.. We were granted a bridging visa going from one 457 to another 457, butnot sure about 457 to 856.. If I were you, I'd be ringing DIAC first thing & checking this, cuz u don't wanna end up **** creek with no paddle, In this situation..

Guest lifeinoz

Hi

Was only on the phone to immi yesday re the same problem :rolleyes: and they told me that as long as your application is in before your current 457 visa runs out you automatically go on a bridging visa til the new permanent residency visa comes thru. The lady was very helpful and I wasn't on the phone on hold for hours either :biglaugh:

Good luck

Clare

Hi Guys,

Many thanks.

Jen x

You need to apply for the subclass 856 ENS visa BEFORE your 457 expires. The bridging visa will be granted automatically.

If you are qualifying using the 2 years on a 457 rule, you MUST have been employed on your 457 for at least 24 months before lodging the visa application.

You can lodge the nomination application first, as the two year issue is not relevant to the nomination side of the application. Be mindful however that the nomination only remains valid for 6 months.

You need to apply for the subclass 856 ENS visa BEFORE your 457 expires. The bridging visa will be granted automatically.

If you are qualifying using the 2 years on a 457 rule, you MUST have been employed on your 457 for at least 24 months before lodging the visa application.

You can lodge the nomination application first, as the two year issue is not relevant to the nomination side of the application. Be mindful however that the nomination only remains valid for 6 months.

Thank you so much for your response. Our visas expire practically at the same time as the 24 months have been fulfilled. Obviously we cant send our application before the 24 months but I dont want our visas expiring before our application drops on someones desk to action the bridging visas??

Archived