RPL ACS assessment based upon new Feb 2010 Application form

Guest chris0628

Guest chris0628

is there is anyone out there who has started to complete their ACS recognition of prior learning with the new PASA form based upon the "Key Areas of Knowledge". ???/

Hey there,

I've just finished my RPL, just about to get everything certified by Solicitor.

Took me about 4 weeks writing the project reports and KAK and getting references together. Ended up writing just over 10,000 words covering 6 out of the 10 KAK topics. It was tough but once I got started it wasn't too bad.

How you doing?

Guest chris0628

Just to confirm... was this the KAK you worked on....would it be possible for me to have a look @ it... i'm into SAP so need some pointers to get started.....

TR.TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES

TR1. Hardware and software fundamentals

TR2. Data and information management

TR3. Networking

TB.TECHNOLOGY BUILDING

TB1. Programming

TB2. Human-computer interaction

TB3 & TB4.System development and acquisition

SM. SERVICES MANAGEMENT

SM1. Service management

SM2. Security management

OM. OUTCOMES MANAGEMENT

OM1. Organisational and Management Concepts

OM2. Change management

Hope you understand but this took me over 40 hours to write with blood and sweat, so I'm not really willing to give my hard work away for nothing, besides, I'm a Web Developer and my areas of knowledge will be quite different.

Have a look at RPLHelp - provides assistance to anyone who is preparing an Australian Computer Society (ACS) Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) application. Some helping stuff on there.

And yes that was the KAK I worked on.

Regards

For a guide I wrote 6500 approx words for the KAK covering 5 topics and roughly 1500-2000 for each project report. But who knows if that is good enough.

There's very little help with the new RPL process around, even the migration agents don't have a template yet.

• 3 months later...
Guest JasonOZ
Just to confirm... was this the KAK you worked on....would it be possible for me to have a look @ it... i'm into SAP so need some pointers to get started.....

TR.TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES

TR1. Hardware and software fundamentals

TR2. Data and information management

TR3. Networking

TB.TECHNOLOGY BUILDING

TB1. Programming

TB2. Human-computer interaction

TB3 & TB4.System development and acquisition

SM. SERVICES MANAGEMENT

SM1. Service management

SM2. Security management

OM. OUTCOMES MANAGEMENT

OM1. Organisational and Management Concepts

OM2. Change management

Hi Chris.

I'm in the same boat, really struggling to get started with the new RPL...I'm in network/security...how have you been doing? have you finished it yet? Could you give me any tips/advice on how you got started and approached it? thanks Jase

• 4 months later...
Guest mavine1
For a guide I wrote 6500 approx words for the KAK covering 5 topics and roughly 1500-2000 for each project report. But who knows if that is good enough.

There's very little help with the new RPL process around, even the migration agents don't have a template yet.

Hi there, I am completing mine now which is all focussed on SM1 (Service Management). Did you take 5 topics from the same section? I am wondering if I should include anything from SM2....

Thanks in advance

mavine1

• 10 months later...
Guest roymoody
I know this an old thread but I too am struggling with the RPL application. Did any of you who were applying in this thread complete your application as I could really use some pointers.

Thanks all.

Hi

Which code are you applying under? I completed this a year ago so its probably out of date now but I did get a positive result - PM me for more info

Roy

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived