I need some friends! Sydney

Guest Newbie2010

Hi everyone, how did the meet up go last week? was annoying I couldn't make it - hope we can arrange another soon.

Andrea 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Newbie2010
I am in similar shoes..fairly new to Sydney complete lack of friends...where is to go if you want to meet people but don't fancy getting drunk?

Hi i know exactly what you mean - I'm in the same position 

Guest hulagirl

The meet up at The Deck was really nice - completely wild and crazy, er not, i had all of 2 alcoholic drinks the whole night. So worry not, i don't think everyone is up for a good binge drink...though now and again is always nice, haha.

The beauty of Sydney is that it is cafe central. Lets arrange an evening and meeting in a cafe somewhere. then those that opt out of the booze can have coffees etc. I will endevour to arrange something for next week. How is Thursday 20th May for everyone?

Lets get a good turn out too....

Guest hulagirl

sounds great but can't make thursdays unfortunately...wednesdays & fridays are easier...if you end up doing another night give me a shout.

The beauty of Sydney is that it is cafe central. Lets arrange an evening and meeting in a cafe somewhere. then those that opt out of the booze can have coffees etc. I will endevour to arrange something for next week. How is Thursday 20th May for everyone?

Lets get a good turn out too....

Guest KerrieC

Hey, I am thinking of trying to organise some drinks for girls only on Friday 28th May in the CBd if anyone is interested?

Thought it might be nice to have a get together over a drink.....

Let me know if anyone is interested?

Kerrie :)

Guest Nicolena
Hey, I am thinking of trying to organise some drinks for girls only on Friday 28th May in the CBd if anyone is interested?

Thought it might be nice to have a get together over a drink.....

Let me know if anyone is interested?

Hi Kerrie

I would def be interested in Friday night drinks in the city!!

Guest KerrieC

That is great, so how about anyone else as well? Shall we try to book something in for next Friday night then?

Perhaps open invite to anyone that wants to come?

That is great, so how about anyone else as well? Shall we try to book something in for next Friday night then?

Perhaps open invite to anyone that wants to come?

If you opening it up to both sexes, I will come along. Will prob be able to be a few other guys too, that don't come on this site

Guest KerrieC

Hey

So if anyone is interested I will be organising a meet up this Friday for anyone who is wanting to come. It will be in the Bar Europa on elizabeth street in the city the website is

Bar Europa

it is a basement bar that serves drinks as well as food and will keep us dry if the rain is still going on Friday. So anyone feel free to pop along, to recognise me on the night I have shoulder length blonde hair with a fringe. I wear glasses (black & white) and I will be probably have a stripped black & white top on with jeans.

I will be in there with a few friends from about 6pm onwards.

My number is 0420530068 so feel free to text me on the night if you are popping by.

Look forward to meeting anyone that comes....

Kerrie

P.S.

Just a few details about me so you know roughly who you are meeting - I am 28, been living in Sydney for the last 2 years with my hubby (32). I am originally from North London.

Guest KerrieC

So looks like nearly everyone can't make this evening so think it would be better if did it another night. Let me know what would be good for everyone....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest beachman

Hi all,

I moved to Sydney about 7 month ago but sadly my mates have left in a mas exodus last month. Do you have any more social events that are being organised in the near future?

Cheers

Hey ! There is a few of us from here heading out on friday after work, dont know the details yet - but more than likely round darling harbour.. more than welcome ? Think we are all ranged between 25 and 35

Guest rollergirl10
Hey ! There is a few of us from here heading out on friday after work, dont know the details yet - but more than likely round darling harbour.. more than welcome ? Think we are all ranged between 25 and 35

I think I missed all the arrangements to meet up. Would be interested in meeting up? espeically a girl night out!! Been here 7 months and still looking to find good friends....just going through sponsorship now so here for at least 4 yrs! Friday drinks in CBD would be great?

I think I missed all the arrangements to meet up. Would be interested in meeting up? espeically a girl night out!! Been here 7 months and still looking to find good friends....just going through sponsorship now so here for at least 4 yrs! Friday drinks in CBD would be great?

Roller. 6pm at Bungallow 8 tonight. Quite a few heading down. Boys and girls.

Guest rollergirl10
Yeah let's have a girls night out!

Hey Millie,

I am getting confused with this website, not the easiest to use! are you on Facebook? i cant communicate as i dont know if i am emailing everyone or just you?? haha

We could orgainse a night through facebook events? easier to see if people can make it...

Have a good weekend!

Joelle

Guest OzzieAngel

Hi all,

I'm coming back to Oz/Sydney on Sept 16th 2010 with my daughter, and we'll be looking to for somewhere inexpensive to stay initially, while we find a motorhome to travel around in.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

My daughter Rachael is not long out of uni (fine arts - whatever that is!) and I design timber decks (Decking design and construction | Grand Decking Designs in Bath, Bristol, Wiltshire, UK) and write songs (

) That's a new American Anthem - my new Australian Anthem I've just finished writing, but it's not yet ready for the airwaves!

Anyone who feels like making contact, feel free - especially if you've got a nice Toyota Coaster for sale!

See you in September!

Richard

richard@granddeckdesigns.com

Guest OzzieAngel

Hi all,

I'm coming back to Oz/Sydney on Sept 16th 2010 with my daughter, and we'll be looking to for somewhere inexpensive to stay initially, while we find a motorhome to travel around in.

Any suggestions would be welcome!

My daughter Rachael is not long out of uni (fine arts - whatever that is!) and I design timber decks (Decking design and construction | Grand Decking Designs in Bath, Bristol, Wiltshire, UK) and write songs (

) That's a new American Anthem - my new Australian Anthem I've just finished writing, but it's not yet ready for the airwaves!

Anyone who feels like making contact, feel free - especially if you've got a nice Toyota Coaster for sale!

See you in September!

Richard

richard@granddeckdesigns.com

Guest nicolahart

Hi all,

My boyfriend (25) and I (24) have been out here since September, and are now staying here as he's being sponsored. Everyone we know is on the working holiday visa and they're all going back home. Would be great to meet some people staying out here. I'm working in recruitment here too. We're definitely up for drinks/ or a meet up, don't mind where!

Cheers

Nic

Archived