3rd time lucky our story so far !

Guest barrytheplumber

Guest barrytheplumber

hi Martin,

i've not yet looked into applying for a WA plumbers licence but if it's the same rules as Queensland state, you can apply for an interim licence which allows you to work as a plumber whilst studying for your licence, this is valid for 12 months, Last time I looked the interim licence cost about £60.00 and the cost of going to night school was £2500.00. We haven't looked at areas to live in Perth yet, maybe you could recomend some. A mate of mine went over visiting in November 2009 he stayed in an area called Ocean Reef in the North, he loved it that much he's applying to emigrate. i've stopped off in Perth twice but it was 11 years ago and can't remember much about the suburbs. I remember we did all the touristy stuff e.g. Kings park, the Swan river, Munkey Mia, The pinnacles, Scarborough beach, Freemantle, and Rotnest Island. So let me know if you find any extra info about Plumbing or any Perth suburbs you recomend.. Cheers mate keep in touch.

Guest barrytheplumber

hi Letasha,

thanks for the kind words, will keep you posted. When are you heading out to Perth !

Guest Letasha
Hi Letasha,

Just out of insterest, have you got as far as choosing north or south of the swan river yet? We really can't decide, heard so many good and a few bad things about both.

Hi there its a hard one but i have been drawn more by SOR. Too many POMS up North haha (kidding Mally) We have looked at schools, housing, beaches, the commute to the city for myself and keep coming back to the same suburbs. So far Port Kennedy and Secret Harbour seem to tick our boxes. This could all change tho when we get out there but I need to pinpoint somewhere to start as its such a vast place.

Have you any suburbs in mind?

Guest Letasha
hi Letasha,

thanks for the kind words, will keep you posted. When are you heading out to Perth !

Hi Barry we have been researching for yrs so its time to bite the bullet as they say. We are aiming for July next yr (visa man permitting lol). Just want to get there asap while the kids are young enough to adapt and not have to be dragged kickin and screaming :laugh:

Hi Barry,

We got our WA SS approved today, just got to sign the declaration form and scan it back to our agent to send to WA, then WA will release another form (1100 ithink) to diac for us, happy days !!!

Noticed your from Manchester, there's a pio meet in manchester next sunday at a brewers fair, details are on the events/meet ups calender if you fancy it. We're coming up from birmingham to show our support and bump the numbers up, we've to been to a few in the midlands and peeps came from all over. Its good to talk with peeps slighty ahead of you in the process to gain advice aswell as help others slighty behind in the timeline too. I think (check though) the meet is a child friendly meet, about 2pm i think it starts but again check the calender for the exact details as i'm probably wrong.

Hi Letasha,

So far we've only looked north, joondalup area and around there. Not entirely sure why we're looking north but gotta start somewhere i guess. Just hope the exchange rate turns back for us for when its time for us to get on the big bird out of here.

Martin

Archived