Sign in to follow this  
Guest laulau

Pros and Cons of Brisbane and Melbourne?

Guest laulau

Hello

I'm hoping to get some advice from all you lovely people out there!

We're a family of three who are moving out pretty soon to oz but still undecided on which state to move to!

Would love some insight into the pros and cons of living in Melbourne and Brisbane, finding it hard to try and make a decision!

Many thanks in advance

laulau:biggrin:

Guest cymru

Hi there

the biggest pro for Brisbane, for me anyway, is the lovely warm winter months. After living in Adelaide for a couple of years where the winters really do get cold. The biggest con of living in Brisbane is that you need to travel for at least an hour before you can get to a decent beach and also the horrible humidity during the summer months.

Guest guest30038
Hi there

the biggest pro for Brisbane, for me anyway, is the lovely warm winter months. After living in Adelaide for a couple of years where the winters really do get cold. The biggest con of living in Brisbane is that you need to travel for at least an hour before you can get to a decent beach and also the horrible humidity during the summer months.

Shouldn't that read "surf beach". Brisbane has some lovely beaches, albeit minus surf, such as suttons beach at redcliffe and margate promenade. That said, if you're on the North side and fancy surf, Bribie is only half an hour away.

kev

For me its the four seasons of the year in Melbourne, minimal humidity.

Toda its thirty two degrees and very warm and been very windy and we have the aircon on and stay inside.

Tomorrow it will be about twenty six which is nice.

There are many threads about the differences of each State, so look in the State forums and you will be able to find a lot of information from all sorts of different people.

As I posted today, living in Aus in the warmer parts is not like going to Spain for two weeks, its hot for months.

Also the wild life is different in warmer places, large pythons,cane toads, bugs etc love warm weather.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest cymru

No I meant "decent" beaches. On the southside you could go an hour to get to the gold coast beaches or if you head north to caloundra etc.

Guest guest30038
No I meant "decent" beaches. On the southside you could go an hour to get to the gold coast beaches or if you head north to caloundra etc.

OK then. Your definition of "decent" must differ from mine :goofy: