Category 6. Share your timeline here, once is started to kick off!!

Guest jennyloh

Guest jennyloh

Hi everyone,

I am Category 6(i) Accountant (2211-11)

Lodged March 2008,

HR Country,

Paper based,

Agent used,

IELTS 6,6.5,6,6.5,

Non CSL,

Non SS,

MODL,

CO ??

VISA ??

Cheers :daydreaming:

JennyLoh

hi

catagory 6 applicant. boilermaker. job currently on MODL (was on csl but removed in march last yr)

TRA passed July 2009

175 visa applied Aug 2009

oh is a midwife newly qualified, not yet applied for IELTS.

currently trying unsuccessfully to find an employer to sponsor me on a Ens 121.

waiting waiting waiting.

Guest jennyloh

Hi,

Hopefully, someone will post here one day and says "I GOT MY VISA GRANTED TODAY!!!" At least we know Category 6 is moving now... DIAC mentioned it will take within 3 years to process. So I have another year to go.. Lodged March 2008, so by March 2011 hopefully. ....What a long wait... :SLEEP:

Jennyloh

Hi

Childcare Co-ordinator 1295-11

Was on MODL

TRA passed in June 2008

On-line application October 2008

No agent used.

Still waiting................don't want to wait until end 2012 because of age of children and their education, so am now trying to get employer sponsorship in NSW where we want to go. (not on state sponsorship list or regional sponsorship for where I want to go).

I am now hoping/praying my skill will be on the new State Migration Plan, doubt it tho, but you can hope :0)

Brad, Katrina, James (12), Michael (10), Olivia (8), Chloe (5).

Hi,

Hopefully, someone will post here one day and says "I GOT MY VISA GRANTED TODAY!!!" At least we know Category 6 is moving now... DIAC mentioned it will take within 3 years to process. So I have another year to go.. Lodged March 2008, so by March 2011 hopefully. ....What a long wait... :SLEEP:

Jennyloh

Hi Jennyloh

How do we know that Cat 6 is moving???? (oh please, oh please)....

Liz x

Guest auzzycrazzy

176 Family sponsored

Positive skills assessment from ACS DEC 2008

Software QA Analyst

Application lodged June 2009

Paper based

Hopefully our applications will be processed soon (end of 2012 doesn't seem good)

hopefully we don't get "Capped & Ceased" end of 2012

Guest jennyloh
Hi Jennyloh

How do we know that Cat 6 is moving???? (oh please, oh please)....

Liz x

Dear Lix,

I just keep myself update on the forum and check the visa timeline on those who got their visa granted. Also from another forum says that currently DIAC is processing cat 5.

Cheers.

Guest jennyloh

I am really tired on applying jobs and hope an employer will sponsor me. But I think we have to be realistic. Will an employer wants to hire a person who is not in Australia rather than those who lives in the country.

hi

catagory 6 applicant. boilermaker. job currently on MODL (was on csl but removed in march last yr)

TRA passed July 2009

175 visa applied Aug 2009

oh is a midwife newly qualified, not yet applied for IELTS.

currently trying unsuccessfully to find an employer to sponsor me on a Ens 121.

waiting waiting waiting.

Would you not consider your oh as the main applicant (even newly qualified). Our visa came through in December (I am a midwife and at the time of application had only been qualified just about a year and a half). Our visa is a 176 family sponsored visa and we were category 3 (all in all it took us around 8 months to get our visa). Many places are trying to sponsor midwives and some offering to pay part of the relocation package. I have had a job offer (and they offered to sponsor me as well). I know she will have to do the IELTS test but it might be worth it. I actually didnt have to do it for the visa, but will have to do it for my registration.

Its just a thought. Catherine

Archived