UK Lottery

noel2538

Guest dannybaxterskip
i think tatslotto covers victoria/nsw/sa

hi every 1 i have just found consumerprotection@natlotcomm.gov.uk and since camelot do not seem to have a clear rule as to playing whilst in oz be it as a tourist or expat i have asked if they could give a clear definition of the rules witch i will post as soon a i hear back

hi every 1 i have just found consumerprotection@natlotcomm.gov.uk and since camelot do not seem to have a clear rule as to playing whilst in oz be it as a tourist or expat i have asked if they could give a clear definition of the rules witch i will post as soon a i hear back

none of my business - I know - but why are you so desperate to play the UK lottery? :biggrin:

Guest dannybaxterskip
none of my business - I know - but why are you so desperate to play the UK lottery? :biggrin:

well there could be several answers to this i myself stoped playing quite a while ago but would play if it was clear my reasons is because i have different numbers to those i have used here i think there are quite a few that want to play u.k lotto for the same reason then there is the euro lotto either lotto makes the oz lotto's look a waste even though oz lotto is cheaper it is also harder to have evn a small win i am sure others have different reasons also i am just trying to get a clear answer from camelot ect if you holidaying where ever if you play on line paying with a U.K bank account it should be a valid win if you have luck especially concidering camelot have no hesitation to take the funds from you U.K account

I don't know. I think their rules are quite clear. The official lottery website and all that.

Says

Can I play while overseas?

No, to play UK National Lottery games online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers and payment details.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/help/faqs.ftl#int_GetStarted2

So, I take this to mean if you are no longer resident in the UK and are resident in Australia (or elsewhere) then you should not play. Regardless of the rules/regs from other countries. If a person emigrates to Australia and is resident there, then to me the answer is quite simple. Going on holiday while resident in the UK is a different matter. You'd probably play your numbers before you go or buy tickets to cover you for the couple of weeks you are gone. Don't buy when overseas as it may well not be valid and you'd not get a cent.

Also for people coming in to the UK on holiday etc. Playing the UK lottery is a bit of a waste of time as chances are they won't be eligible. Like when I go to Aus on a tourist visa, I never bother playing the SA lottery as I would not be able to claim a cent in winnings. No biggie.

Guest dannybaxterskip
I don't know. I think their rules are quite clear. The official lottery website and all that.

Says

Can I play while overseas?

No, to play UK National Lottery games online, you must be a resident of the UK or Isle of Man at all times. You must also be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket or when setting up or amending a Direct Debit Account, including changing your numbers and payment details.

If you do not meet these requirements, any ticket purchases you make will be declared invalid and no prizes paid, and we will have the right to reclaim any prizes already paid under these circumstances.

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/help/faqs.ftl#int_GetStarted2

So, I take this to mean if you are no longer resident in the UK and are resident in Australia (or elsewhere) then you should not play. Regardless of the rules/regs from other countries. If a person emigrates to Australia and is resident there, then to me the answer is quite simple. Going on holiday while resident in the UK is a different matter. You'd probably play your numbers before you go or buy tickets to cover you for the couple of weeks you are gone. Don't buy when overseas as it may well not be valid and you'd not get a cent.

Also for people coming in to the UK on holiday etc. Playing the UK lottery is a bit of a waste of time as chances are they won't be eligible. Like when I go to Aus on a tourist visa, I never bother playing the SA lottery as I would not be able to claim a cent in winnings. No biggie.

thanks for that snifter seems quite clear

Archived