Renting.Happy or not?

rockola57

they have to give notice to enter the property.. they are not allowed to just turn up on the doorstep and be allowed to come in.... we get phone calls from service people asking whens best for us.... but when its inspections we get 2 weeks notice then they just walk in....... whether we in or not!!!!!!:arghh:

I dont like them walkimg round the property when we are not there... it has all our furniture and personal things in there.... they shouldnt be allowed to do that ... we put anything thats personal in our car the night before they come....I dont trust them at all!!!

They can do that in the uk as well as they have given notice , think your slf lucky try hiding a 5 stone border collie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Pablo,

I live in a "unit" do not confused them with what you may consider a flat. Although you can get flats in multi block I have always had a unit that has its own front door and parking space near door. Normally a converted house.

If you look at my profile you will find a photo of our Unit, we have the upstairs. Front and back doors both with separate access. Large rear garden with BBQ (but I also have my own BBQ on balcony), Sliding door from living room to balcony, the two main bedroom also have sliding door onto balcony, The balcony runs across front of unit, down the side and round to back of building, with access via two staircases, Third bedroom could take a double bed but we use it for a single. The landlord never comes in the Unit unless we ask him to repair something. The property can be inspected every 3 months but we have found that after the initial inspection the subsequent inspections are just a quick look round and ask you if any problems.

Our unit is $235 a week, for 3 bedrooms with shower room, toilet, through living room/ kitchen and a laundry room, some agents can be a bit regimental! but ours is no problem at all. :notworthy:

Thx colin,looks a very good deal that,nice looking place,my only issue is having our own garden "kind of thing" tho?

We seen similar properties on our reccie tbh,but should have spent more time looking and talking to estate agents if im honest.

Its just that we are used to our privacy mate,thats all,im dubious of direct neighbours.

Like i say,its NOT materialistic reasons why we will "probably" buy,i cba with all that keep up with the joneses atittude,its just for privacy realy,besides it gets a bit nippy in S,A in the winter,and sitting outside with a parka on having a ciggy is no fun,i tell yer!

I know,i know,pack them in!:biglaugh:

Guest guest17301
:no: mucky bugger, lol , soft lass dont fix the retic report it , bugger the brown grass costs you money in water bills , Kallaroo retic on workin 200 + for water usage , at somerly with the tiny garden 25 bucks they use loads retics and it aint your grass , leavethe ball in ther court to fix it

Mally

We did report it Mally, they sent some useless joker round 'handyman' they called him bout as handy as a chocolate fireguard...in the end after he's been and poked around a few times Pete gave up and went to Bunnings got the bits and fixes it himself....at the end of the day we have to live there..it's our home and we want it to look nice...we're just the model tenants I suppose...treat it like it's ours even when it's not!

Hi Basil...you wouldn't mind if it was grime...it was bleeding shining was that clean just forgot to scrub the metal bits on the hob! I wouldn't mind but it was cleaner than when we moved in and we have made an inoperational retic ststem fully functional at our own cost as we cant stand brown grass!!

Minger! sounds like yer've turned it into a right midden!

No wonder yer was looking for a cleaner:biglaugh:

It is in our contract about breaking the rules.The management company can call unexpectedly if they have just cause.

We live in a gated complex of 18 town houses that were finished building May 09 and it seems that all the building inspections were not completed before tenants moved in.

We get letters from the management company telling us what date and time they are coming but it also says to please make arrangements for them to enter the property if we are not available to let them in on the day.

Guest mtcosby
They can do that in the uk as well as they have given notice , think your slf lucky try hiding a 5 stone border collie

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

Guest mtcosby

at least the next house we will know our rights and we will read every bit of fine print then re read it and just then maybe sign on the dotted line... but only when im happy....or.... i can buy a tent and camp in friends back garden!!!!! lol

Mally a small two bed detached would do,but i know their thin on the ground,and theres probably not much difference with the price of a 3 bed anyway.

Thats why the houses i research on the net are 3 bed detached,not much choice imo.

2 beds are for old farts , perfect then lol only pee taking , i`m going for one of them lifestyle villas , in them lifestyle villages , everything on site even a boozer in some in the far distant future I think ( **** advert on telly from 45 years oh **** i`m past it lmbo

Guest Guest31881

After looking at some of the comments on here about agents, I now realise how lucky we are with our agents and the owner. Not had any trouble with them, and any repairs are looked at quickly, we had a power socket that stopped working, I told them there was no rush as its one we do not use, I was told that it was priority as it involved electrics. Two hours later I had electrician phone me to make arrangements to come and do repair.

Looking at some of the comments on here I think some agents are really overstepping the mark with a lot of tenents.

After looking at some of the comments on here about agents, I now realise how lucky we are with our agents and the owner. Not had any trouble with them, and any repairs are looked at quickly, we had a power socket that stopped working, I told them there was no rush as its one we do not use, I was told that it was priority as it involved electrics. Two hours later I had electrician phone me to make arrangements to come and do repair.

Looking at some of the comments on here I think some agents are really overstepping the mark with a lot of tenents.

IN the most part it does go with the lendth of tenancy , most aussies like with the council in y=the uk rent long term and they get more soread out inspections and more allowance with te houses , like i say if you know the landlord and they know you contact them for a ptivate rent saves you both some dosh

You have to have the place spotless and even then some snotty cow will still look down her nose at you...my experience anyway though I'm sure not all agents are the same!

When our agent couldn't find anything to complain about they wrote us a letter following one inspection saying the stainless steel rings on the cooker had 'minor residue' on them...that's how picky they are...everything else was immaculate!

Hi Fiona,

Your Agent sounds just like the sheethouses we had at our first rental.Cannot believe what rude ,ignorant pigs some of these jumped up idiots are!After bad vibes from them from before we even moved in,and 6 months into our 12 month" sentence " this snotty bitch in a suit turns up,clip board in hand,nose in air,and at the end of inspection say's"theres a few things i am not happy about!This after them not helping or doing anything about various problems we were having.The dog then walk's over to the cooker,wipes her finger on the gas ring and says"look,grease"holding her finger under my by now very piissed off nose.That was it,afraid i blew my top,told it that i was paying a lot of dough to have the gas ring greasy if i so choosed,and that she can go funck herself,and to get out of the house immediately and don't come back.I also asked to contact the owner so i could tell them what a bunch of winkers they had employed,and that i was willing to FO out of it ASAP.Never saw them again.If they are giving you uncalled for grief chase them out,some of them are just low life no-marks.:nah:

geez this thread is really making me think again about renting.

My oh had to talk me round in the first place as im already concerened about it never feeling like my own place/being able to decorate etc.

id never even given thought to agents turning up on my doorstep to see if ive cleaned the loo or not :mad:

ditto we did that fiona as well , saying that the blerdy grass is brown and had it, owners came to visit our house 2 weeks ago after a big mirror fell of the wall one of plaster as well !! we have blocked the room off fell off like a blooming tombstone ( with child and dog in house not funny) still moaning about their feature wall ... ( 20 years ago maybe ok) its a rented family home .( quick to complain about the grass looking brown errr 2 days a week watering :eek: what do they expect !. no aircon for the first 3 months , endless calls and nagging from this end to get sorted , inspections with a full list of what and not what to do , ie clean the toilet , windows etc ( makes me feel like a right scutter!!!) and my blood boil. quick to try to kick us out when they made a boo boo their end with the payments going through on the wrong date , again we went mad ( plonker priority card , what a load of rubbish) did they check it was their end ERRRR no.. they don't have time to many rentals WHAT???

we let in uk and first thing our agents said to us was you have to allow for them to have a life ..

was speaking to a client the other day who works in real estate and she says agents are not allowed to tell you how to live as long as the property is looked after and not being vandalized etc , they cannot say hoover etc on their day of check ups clean the shower etc.:policeman: WE HATE RENTING!!

Guest mtcosby

I feel not alone now in this bloody awful renting lark.... I have done the unspeakable and stood up for my rights but OMG have we paid for it though... well we WILL have the last laugh coz we are givin them the minimum notice when lease is up... we will be moving out on that day and sod them if they dont have time to rent it out before we leave.....

Also just a quickie... We have found a loop in the law when it comes to the agents trying to increase the rent in the contract... make it simple... we took a 10 month rental with a clause in it stating ''their will be a rent increase within 6 months of your contract'' we questioned this and saught legal advice... NOW this is the best bit.... if there is not a monetry figure on the contract of how much the rent will increase.. THEY CANNOT INCREASE RENT UNTIL LEASE IS UP .. now this didnt go down well when we told them our findings and bugger me they turned it round and said .. '' the owner has decided to keep harmany in this situation she is willing to the SHORTFALL she will incure due to the rent NOT being increased''!!!!

But my question is this.. and can anyone help...... (this is for future reference as we leaving anyway but) .. the owner sent agents an email which was forwarded onto us.. stating.. '' Make the tennants aware the rent WILL increase and will be covering the lawn care and gardener fees totally $1600.00 in the new contract'' ( ermm the lawn care and gardener is owners choice they employed them and told us under no circumstances do we touch the gardens..... ) CAN THE OWNER PUT THE COST OF THESE SERVICES ONTO THE TENNANTS????

Tracey

ditto we did that fiona as well , saying that the blerdy grass is brown and had it, owners came to visit our house 2 weeks ago after a big mirror fell of the wall one of plaster as well !!

YER dint look at it did ya :biglaugh:

we have blocked the room off fell off like a blooming tombstone ( with child and dog in house not funny) still moaning about their feature wall ... ( 20 years ago maybe ok) its a rented family home .( quick to complain about the grass looking brown errr 2 days a week watering :eek: what do they expect !. no aircon for the first 3 months , endless calls and nagging from this end to get sorted , inspections with a full list of what and not what to do , ie clean the toilet , windows etc ( makes me feel like a right scutter!!!) and my blood boil. quick to try to kick us out when they made a boo boo their end with the payments going through on the wrong date , again we went mad ( plonker priority card , what a load of rubbish) did they check it was their end ERRRR no.. they don't have time to many rentals WHAT???

we let in uk and first thing our agents said to us was you have to allow for them to have a life ..

was speaking to a client the other day who works in real estate and she says agents are not allowed to tell you how to live as long as the property is looked after and not being vandalized etc , they cannot say hoover etc on their day of check ups clean the shower etc.:policeman: WE HATE RENTING

Guest sunnyday

OMG it doesn't sound like I'll do very well with the rental game in oz!! If some of the people you've all mentioned came to a house I was paying good money to rent and spoke to me like that they'd get drop kicked out of the house, I'm 6 foot tall, I could do it LOL Thanks for the great thread rockola BUY it is

Guest mtcosby
OMG it doesn't sound like I'll do very well with the rental game in oz!! If some of the people you've all mentioned came to a house I was paying good money to rent and spoke to me like that they'd get drop kicked out of the house, I'm 6 foot tall, I could do it LOL Thanks for the great thread rockola BUY it is

hahahahahaha well what i lose in height i make up in width hahahahahhahahha so i got some weight behind me to drop kick these ''up tight arse licking baboons'' masquarding as rental agents hahahahahahahahahha:biglaugh:

sorry to but into this thread b ut im new to this forum dont know how to use it but i need help on what i need to do to move to australia. ive passed and assessment and filled in an interview. what else do i need to do as much information as possible. any info appreciated thanks.

My mum now rents and has a lovely unit. She got fed up with the Body Corporate problems with her own unit, if there was a problem with anyone in the block the neighbours always got on to Mum because she was home. Now no worries, no maintenance and they have a gardener do her garden for her. She is lucky though nice landlord and the agents dont bother to turn up for her inspections.

I think renting is going to be more the go here in future years due to price of property, but landlords have to be more lenient in my view, they cannot expect to have no wear and tear on the property and just like shares investing in property is a gamble and you take the good with the bad. At the minute with all the new novice landlords they do not want to let tenants live, invasive inspections etc, no kids, no animals, no pictures. Totally unacceptable in my view.

We rent in QLD and are lucky to have a lovely agent who works for herself, last time I was out when she inspected the place and she left me a note saying everything looks lovely, thankyou!!! So they are not all dragons!

TO BE FAIR OUR FIRST AGENTS WERE EXACTLY THE SAME , ITS THE 2ND HOUSE LET THAT THEY ARE A BIT GRIM.. SO YES NOT ALL ARE , LOTTERY REALLY:wubclub:

We are lucky because we have a private landlord and he is cool. Said we could put up pictures etc as long as when we leave we fill in any holes and touch up with sample paint pots he left in shed. He only comes round if we have a problem and even came round Christmas Eve with a nice bottle of wine for us. Cheers Tony!!

Monica x

Guest SO,DIZZY

we are paying way more for rent here than our morgage back home double infact with **** wages thinking of selling up back home and buying here of plan defo....

we are paying way more for rent here than our morgage back home double infact with **** wages thinking of selling up back home and buying here of plan defo....

Yes rents do seem high here but if we take into consideration we don't pay for water or rates on top of rent I think it is not too bad plus we have a LOT of house for the rent we pay plus a pool.

Monica x

Guest SO,DIZZY
Yes rents do seem high here but if we take into consideration we don't pay for water or rates on top of rent I think it is not too bad plus we have a LOT of house for the rent we pay plus a pool.

Monica x

Dont know how your rent is calculated but we pay for water and we dont have a pool well not an in ground one anyway (brought our own from uk) and beleive it or not this is not half house we had back home.... but we do live 10 mins walk from the beach...

Archived