You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest chris0628

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)

Guest chris0628

Hi guys... I've been doing some research on the visa options and found the following link regarding processing time (Client Service Charter). After the law change we are left with less options :) .. i want to get as much information as possible before making a decision...

What are the pros/cons of "Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)" vs "Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)"

1. Processing time differance between Priority & Non Priority ??
  2. Obligations ??
  3. Points ??
  4. Any other hidden Pros/Cons

Best Regards

Chris

Hi guys... I've been doing some research on the visa options and found the following link regarding processing time (Client Service Charter). After the law change we are left with less options :) .. i want to get as much information as possible before making a decision...

What are the pros/cons of "Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)" vs "Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)"

1. Processing time differance between Priority & Non Priority ??

2. Obligations ??

3. Points ??

4. Any other hidden Pros/Cons

Best Regards

Chris

I have one of these visas..... there doesn't seem to be many of us about. Whether the 176 is more popular I don't know. As far as I know processing times are the same, the main difference for me was the 475 needed less points, but you must have a family sponsor who lives in a certain area.... if they live in Sydney, Perth, Brisbane then forget it.

The other thing is it's, obviously by the name, a temporary resident visa. Unless things have changed you have 3 years to live in a certain area for 2 years and work in that area for one, after you can prove all that then you can move on to a permanent resident visa. As for time span... it took about a year and a half. I think things are taking alot longer now.

I have been looking for work for 6 months, That's me being too fussy though!... there certainly isn't much of a recession here if you are willing to do trade jobs etc, but that's not my skill! I defo think the fact that it is a temp res visa is putting employers off some of the serious jobs I have had interviews for, or they are confusing it with the 457 which would be problematic. Anyway, at present it looks like I may be returning to the UK... but that's another story!!

Guest chris0628

oh.... that's very good input... :) tks...

Hope you get the kinda job u r looking for... take care.. good luck

Guest mikewheble

Hi,

The 475 is sponsored by a family memeber or a state. I am in the 475 process but looking at processing times, I will have to wait another 12 months minimum. The 475 is a 3 year visa and you have to live in a regional area for 2 years and bee employed for 1 year in order to apply for PR.

Good luck

Regards

Mike

Guest chris0628

Thanks Mike.... what's the quickest Visa category ?

Guest mikewheble

Hi, the 475 and 176 seem to be about the same time. They do say that if you have state sponsor then times will be a little quicker. The 475 is in Cat5 and as my job isnt on CSL then it will be another 12 months minimum before I am expecting anything further :-(

Sorry, should have said that the quickest is employer sponsorship which I think is 3 - 6 months but others may know better.

Regards

Mike

Guest RonLegend

Going to apply for 475 subclass WA state sponsorship under 132211 Financial Manager in Dec 2011:emoticon_doctor_sna

1. Guys out here saying processing time has increased to 12-14 months.

2. Is it possible that after applying for state sponsorship, one is also eligible to apply for student visa?

3. If yes, then during the course if DIAC issues visa, shall I b eligible to leave the course in between ans start working?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance