Jetstar - Never Again!!

Guest tdiamant

Guest tdiamant

If you're considering flying with Jetstar read below!

We will never fly with Jetstar again. We booked 2 StarClass seats from Brisbane through Sydney to Denpasar return for $5200. The flight from Brisbane to Sydney was ok.

The flight from Sydney to Denpasar was delayed 3 hours. When we called the JetStar flight update number they said the flight was on time as scheduled - even though we phoned 2 hours after it was scheduled to leave. When I pointed out that I was calling from Sydney airport and that it was 2 hours past the scheduled departure time the agent became abrupt and hung up. We eventually arrived in Bali 3 hours late and missed the first night of our holiday.

After a nice week in Bali we arrive at the Denpasar airport to be told that our flight was delayed for 3 hours due to bad weather, which turned out to be a lie, the cabin crew advised it was an engineering issue. So we now had 5 hours wait at an airport that had no JetStar representative with any authority when we could have been enjoying an extra 3 hours having a meal in Kuta. Interestingly when you ring JetStar and spend the inevitable 15 minutes waiting for an answer the advertising says that you never need to check flight times because if you're not contacted ahead of time your flight will leave as scheduled - definitely not our experience. To add insult to injury after not delivering one flight on time they charged us $240 for excessive baggage - so we paid $5200 for flights that never left on time and then an additional $240 to have our luggage wait also.

We then arrived at Sydney and missed our connecting flight to Brisbane, JetStar not so graciously moved us to a flight 3 hours later with 1 business class (paid for) seat and one economy (even though we'd paid for business).

I've called JetStar today and spent 1.5 hours on the phone with them with the result being I need to download a form, post it to them and they'll get back to me in 28 days. Not really great customer service considering when I booked my $5200 seats I had to pay on the spot. I eventually spoke to 4 different JetStar agents who provided differing stories around the process to seek re-imbursement for the poor service - someone was lying but no one would admit to it. The phone agents then - with calls recorded - admitted to me that the JetStar service was poor and not fair based on what we'd paid for our tickets. I asked for copies of the recordings and was told that they were for JetStar's use only.

There is no other industry that would treat customers in this manner and so blatantly not care about it. I advise everyone to stay as far away from JetStar as possible.

Guest Guest31881

There is no other industry that would treat customers in this manner and so blatantly not care about it. I advise everyone to stay as far away from JetStar as possible.

You obviousley have not had an argument with Telstra then!!!!!

I hope you get your refund and some degree of satisfaction. :notworthy:

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi tdiamant,

I'm going to close this thread as it's not really appropriate for private matters like this to be discussed on open forums when we really only have one side of the story,however I am a travel agent with some contact at Jetstar head office ,if you would like to send me an email with some more details of the flights,eg date,flight number etc I am happy to act as an intermediary for you in your attempt to get some satisfaction from Jetstar.

You can send me either a PM or an email and I will do my best to assist you.

Regards

N'oz

Archived