You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest china

Any teachers who have recently passed skills assessment?

Guest china

Hey all

Just a quick question to anyone who has recently done a skills assessment;

I am just getting everything together in order to prepare for our application and hve a couple of questions:

1) It asks for you current eligibility to teach (registration and/or employment) - on the application form it asks for eligibility to teach and to provide your registration card number, but then in the checklist it mentions employment references - do you only need the references if you are using work experience in an english environment or do you need them anyway - it's just the OH isn't ready to tell the school his plans (especially seeing as we have no idea how long it'll take!!!!)

2) If you give your type of teacher qualification (PGCE) and your certificate, do you need to give a list of every module included in your course? As the 'transcript' only gives marks for the written assessments done during the course.:mad:

3) Not for skills assessment but for the application form - it asks about work experience, now do we have to put all work done over the years, or just relevant to the nominated occupation? IT's just that OH is 40 and has only recently become a teacher, about three years ago, before that he did a couple of degrees, travelled, did other jobs that weren't relevant, and so I am not sure if we should put all that on paper or just put the teaching stuff?? Ok, well I dont know if anyone will actually know, but I thought it was worth putting out there!!:goofy:

Thanks guys, China xx :hug:

Guest pinksuedeshoes

Hi,

I did my teacher assessment a while back. I sent a copy of my GTC card as proof of registration.

I had a headed letter from the schools I had worked at just to confirm I worked there and my job role which covered your number 3 as well.

The transcripts I got were from uni for my degree and for my PGCE as well. My PGCE "transcript" was more of a letter, detailing what schools I had been to, the marks I had got on assignments, the lectures I had attended etc...

I just put teaching relevant information on the forms and as proof, as I think that is all they want to know about.

As far as telling the school, I think its a necessary inconvenience. I was lucky as my previous school knew I was leaving anyway, as I was planning to move to New Zealand, and I have moved back to my first school whilst everything is going through, so I already had a letter from them as they wrote one for the NZ job!!

Knowing a visa can take a while to come through, and that you have quite a while to get there anyway, its more than likely that you would move schools in that time anyway. Its the nature of teaching.

I hope that was some help. Feel free to message me if you need anymore questions answering.

Ali. ;o)

Guest china

Thanks Ali

That's really helpful - I am sure I will be messaging you plenty in the future!! Fingers crossed the police get back to you soon!

China x