Blackberry's in Auz - mobile providers??

Guest Josephinus

Guest Josephinus

Hi i've got a BB on Orange in the UK but know it will be rediculously expensive to use things like my Blackberry Messenger and to look at my Facebook & e-mails etc. Just wondering if theres a service provider that lets you use these facilities as a Pay As You Go service and who the best providers are? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi i've got a BB on Orange in the UK but know it will be rediculously expensive to use things like my Blackberry Messenger and to look at my Facebook & e-mails etc. Just wondering if theres a service provider that lets you use these facilities as a Pay As You Go service and who the best providers are? Any help would be appreciated!

I'm not sure about providers - although I did see a Blackberry ad the other day - I think it was with one of the big two - Optus/Telstra - but not sure. But bear in mind that usually Orange handsets are locked to them so if you do want to bring it over then get it unlocked before you come over - otherwise you have an expensive toy that you can't use (they don't have orange over here). I still miss my N95 - it's been a few years since we came over so a bit dated now but still - the handsets/plans definitely aren't as great as in the UK. I went from an N95 on an Orange contract with tons of minutes/text plus free wireless broadband at home - all for £30 per month - to paying $49 per month for a contract (they call them caps over here) that I barely use the minutes for plus $28 per month for a handset that has virtually no features - incl only having a 2 megapixel camera!! But it is shiny purple though which almost makes up for it. :biggrin:

Went and purchased a Vodaphone card for my iphone yesterday !

You can buy a Vodaphone card for $9.95 and that gives you a starter credit of $20

There are also other plans like :

Pre pay $30 dollars a month gives you $300 credit a month.

Data is covered as part of this although there is a 1GB cap.

Telstra Optus Virgin Vodaphone all have similar contract or pre pay plans,

its not a problem at all !

Just visit a local retailer :cute:

Archived