Male intruder - warning

blondie

Last Tuesday at 1 am an intruder broke into my daughters house. The most worrying aspect of this is that the man is a locksmith and had been out to her address 24 hours previously to help her into her house after she had lost her front door key.

She called the Police and the matter is now to be investigated.

Obviously I cannot give details of the mans name or phone number but I would like to use this site to please ask you all to take care. Leave a spare key with a neighbour or friend, get to know your neighbours if you are new to the area, as my daughter is.

If this has happened to you, or anyone else you know, please ask them to contact CIB at City Division (Tel: (07) 32582582)

If you have been a victim of a break-in then you are able to contact your local crime prevention officer who can advise about the security of your home and give further help and advice re personal safety.

Blondie

Guest siamsusie

Blondie, a dreadful unwanted surprise on your home territory. I hope she overcomes this.

I have just installed a burgler alarm (back to base) which incorporates a panic button (the police are called) and this I obtained from Harvey Norman http://www.harveynormansecurity.com.au/home_alarms.html it was very reasonable very quick to install by professionals and I do have peace of mind when I am alone.... touch wood Tasmania seems very safe...

Dreadful to feel so violated from someone in a position of trust.

Susie

Guest cazbeckham

Sorry to hear about your Daughter Blondie.

When we moved into our house 14 months ago we got to know the neighbours really quickly and they are all fantastic I have to say and one of them I have give a spare door key to and contact numbers of not only us but our Daughter in Brisbane and our Son in UK.

They are very good and we always let them know when we are going to be away and they take in our post and also deal with our bins.

Guest Richard and carole

I am feeling your daughters pain right now as i have had a burgalry over the last few weeks, but you would never have thought that from a locksmiths. I hope that he gets arrested. Also i think it's important to get an alarm and be safe and vigilant at all times. Thanks for posting spreading awareness. x

That is terrible xxx people like that should be locked up and everyone should be told what happened xx there are nasty people out there but when they break into the privacy of your own home when you are there is mind boggling !!!!!!!! I hope some good comes out of this !!

Thanks for the info on the alarm system, a crime prevention officer is visiting her today so we will also see what he has to suggest. My concern is that as the house is rented the owner may not agree to a burglar alarm being fitted, but it's an idea that I will put to her and her dad and I will pay the cost.

Oh Blondie, what a horrible shock for your daughter - I hope she is okay. And what a truly scary thought that someone would abuse a position of trust like that - I hope that he is dealt with appropriately by the police.

Thank you for the warning.

Sue x

Thank you for this, unfortunately the Police have yet to interview my daughter, the case is still waiting to be allocated to a Detective.

Archived