Joiners, Carpenters, Plumbers, Bricklayers, Plasterers etc etc etc

Proview220

Guest scotty j

Hey Gill thanks for the reply I hope the process runs smoothly for us both, is your husband having to take the AQF first, im just wondering how long it will take and if we will get it through before the july date, I have had a message from go matilda and am expecting a call sometime this week , so fingers crossed, Im hoping ill know where i stand and what steps to take, as right now im a little mixed up as what to do onw way or the other. My heart tells me to just dive in and go for it, start the process get the visa (hopefully) get to Oz, but another part of me wantS to try to make sense of everything ,which is not easy to do at the minute, and then asscess the situation from there, :arghh:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rachbarlow
Hi rachbarlow,

we should have a thread only for ...............we are wanted...........please stay positive!!!!!!! for comments that are positive especially when we need a pick me up Thanks Tania:biggrin:

True we have to otherwise we would GO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Feel the cat 2 vibes ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guest Freudian Slip
Hey Gill thanks for the reply I hope the process runs smoothly for us both, is your husband having to take the AQF first, im just wondering how long it will take and if we will get it through before the july date, I have had a message from go matilda and am expecting a call sometime this week , so fingers crossed, Im hoping ill know where i stand and what steps to take, as right now im a little mixed up as what to do onw way or the other. My heart tells me to just dive in and go for it, start the process get the visa (hopefully) get to Oz, but another part of me wantS to try to make sense of everything ,which is not easy to do at the minute, and then asscess the situation from there, :arghh:

Hi Scotty

No problem. Yeah he is taking the AQF. Our agent has said if we crack on, we will have it all in and submitted before the 1st of July, basically we are just going with their advice, that's all we can do at this stage, as they know a lot better than us I should imagine, well i'am hoping so!

We desperately want our visas, and sooner the better as far as we're concerned, we know we are taking risks, but to be honest we don't feel like we have much choice at the moment.

I can't tell you what to do Scotty, only you can decide, but if you are going to go for it, then get cracking, I say, time is ticking.

If you want to know about anything Scotty, feel free to PM us and we will help you as much as we can.

Regards, Gill

Hi Proview

Its the waiting, its a killer.....

My guess is that the DIAC will put SS up to cat 2..... if this were to be true I am not holding my breath for getting my visa this year, presuming I apply in March.

Just hope the DIAC dont cock up the system again with these new changes due in April/July....

Cheers

Carlos

Sounds like a good call of action to me, I hope this is to be the case as it makes sense if a state is willing to sponsor you, then you should be given priority,

If the states are finding it hard for trades then why the hell are they still giving ss out, then for us to be left with a carrot!!

proview

Sounds like a good call of action to me, I hope this is to be the case as it makes sense if a state is willing to sponsor you, then you should be given priority,

If the states are finding it hard for trades then why the hell are they still giving ss out, then for us to be left with a carrot!!

proview

Exactly..... Why go through the long process of checking out someone for SS only to then say later, thanks but no thanks. I'm with you when you say they are going to need trades. This is always going to happen, its just like the UK there is so much money earned in providing homes for people, people who have money to spend.....household services, cars, groceries, kids stuff.....etc..etc...etc....

WA is a state with big building plans and the space to do it !!!, and as you would know Carpenters are always needed on site because were the only clever ones who can read a drawing on site !!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::wink::yes: .... think i've opened a can of worms now !!

Carlos

Guest brickie001
Exactly..... Why go through the long process of checking out someone for SS only to then say later, thanks but no thanks. I'm with you when you say they are going to need trades. This is always going to happen, its just like the UK there is so much money earned in providing homes for people, people who have money to spend.....household services, cars, groceries, kids stuff.....etc..etc...etc....

WA is a state with big building plans and the space to do it !!!, and as you would know Carpenters are always needed on site because were the only clever ones who can read a drawing on site !!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::wink::yes: .... think i've opened a can of worms now !!

Carlos

Yeh a big can of worms now why do we want any more woodbutchers in WA they could hang the 6-9 doors in each house n knock up a bit of shelving Or u could try to cut a traditional roof as fast as the aussies. the rest are metal truss systems u might tey formwork deffo woodbutchering at its best. more ads in The West for Brickies or woodbutchers ? i will let u guess seein i cant read that paper ,set out my walls or anything else

Yeh a big can of worms now why do we want any more woodbutchers in WA they could hang the 6-9 doors in each house n knock up a bit of shelving Or u could try to cut a traditional roof as fast as the aussies. the rest are metal truss systems u might tey formwork deffo woodbutchering at its best. more ads in The West for Brickies or woodbutchers ? i will let u guess seein i cant read that paper ,set out my walls or anything else

I've forgotten the number of times i've had to mark out and put levels around for you ""one on top of two"" guys....... :biglaugh:

Guest brickie001
I've forgotten the number of times i've had to mark out and put levels around for you ""one on top of two"" guys....... :biglaugh:

Strange the number of woodbutchers that dont know the reality out here or the termanology its" ping out" and you score a BIg zero point for being able to watch a laser spin round or use a dumpy level.

And are you gonna cut taht traditonal roof as fast as the Aussies i doubt than most butchers could even set one out never mind complete one.

Woodbutchers jobs in the paper today =0

Bricklayers jobs =13

amount of out of work butchers carring bricks for us "1 on top of 2" =3 so far

happy days

:cool:

Strange the number of woodbutchers that dont know the reality out here or the termanology its" ping out" and you score a BIg zero point for being able to watch a laser spin round or use a dumpy level.

And are you gonna cut taht traditonal roof as fast as the Aussies i doubt than most butchers could even set one out never mind complete one.

Woodbutchers jobs in the paper today =0

Bricklayers jobs =13

amount of out of work butchers carring bricks for us "1 on top of 2" =3 so far

happy days

:cool:

i agree with you brickie 001, i also have had carpenters labouring to me as they couldn't get work as a carpenter, and the work that they could get was just shuttering for the concreters.

when i came over at first and rented a holiday home it was off a scouser who was a chippy, when i asked him if he brought over all his tools he replied yes, but i don't know why i bothered cause there aint that much carpentry here, he said look inside this house we are in, the only job for a chippy is hanging about 7 doors and putting shelving in the pantry, no first fix, no skirting, nothing you don't even fit the kitchens here, when i asked him what he did then he replied plasterboard partitioning...... lol so much for all you gods of the building trade then :biglaugh:

ps

i do hear coles are taking on though ( stacking shelves ) :hug:

Guest AndyandYvonneD
i agree with you brickie 001, i also have had carpenters labouring to me as they couldn't get work as a carpenter, and the work that they could get was just shuttering for the concreters.

when i came over at first and rented a holiday home it was off a scouser who was a chippy, when i asked him if he brought over all his tools he replied yes, but i don't know why i bothered cause there aint that much carpentry here, he said look inside this house we are in, the only job for a chippy is hanging about 7 doors and putting shelving in the pantry, no first fix, no skirting, nothing you don't even fit the kitchens here, when i asked him what he did then he replied plasterboard partitioning...... lol so much for all you gods of the building trade then

ps

i do hear coles are taking on though ( stacking shelves ) :hug:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yvonne

Carpenters are always needed on site because were the only clever ones who can read a drawing on site !!!!!!!!!!!!... think i've opened a can of worms now !!

Carlos

you got:laugh: For carpenters 1 cm is where meassuring begin, but there are also smaller size:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest bindog1uk
good point that Lesley, but how long is the recession going to last i wonder ???

i hope we get good news with the changes to come on the new cat 2?

Don't think that it has been as bad over there as it has been here, but i'm not holding out too much hope that we move to Cat2 on the new list [ that would be too much good news]. If it does happen it's just a bonus, still hoping to be over there by the end of this year though, our application was August 13th, but we've only just got S.S. and it seems to be going in no particular order, so I guess that it's just pot luck. Do hope that it's good news for all tradies when the new list does come out, someone's got to build our new homes.:biggrin:Lesley

good point that Lesley, but how long is the recession going to last i wonder ???

i hope we get good news with the changes to come on the new cat 2?

Hi Proview,

I dont know if you seen this mentioned on another thread but it looks very promising for SS Visa applicants regarding priority but not only that, but it also looks like that Queensland is going to be booming with work in the very near future.

Queensland to draw up migration plan to curb population | The Courier-Mail

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Proview,

I dont know if you seen this mentioned on another thread but it looks very promising for SS Visa applicants regarding priority but not only that, but it also looks like that Queensland is going to be booming with work in the very near future.

Queensland to draw up migration plan to curb population | The Courier-Mail

Cheers,

Matt

I'll bet my carpentry tools and promise to become a brickie if S.S. don't get shoved up the list......

oh ....and brickie001...few spelling mistakes in your posts mate......but not bad for someone who can't read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. p.s. dont suppose you wanna sponsor a bleedin good (ex-chippie) hod carrier do ya ...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tanjev

So here we go in my pesimistic way. The new (not finaly) llist doesnt show cabinetmakers. Thats what i suggest before and now its reality:goofy:

The consequences will be (may) that im not allowed to move from Cat5 to Cat2 and the waiting game is a endless fu..ing story. At the end i will be a victom of the new cap and skip mentality from this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Bloody weekend:mad:

So here we go in my pesimistic way. The new (not finaly) llist doesnt show cabinetmakers. Thats what i suggest before and now its reality:goofy:

The consequences will be (may) that im not allowed to move from Cat5 to Cat2 and the waiting game is a endless fu..ing story. At the end i will be a victom of the new cap and skip mentality from this XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.

Bloody weekend:mad:

yes i remember you saying this in one of your previous post, could you pick us 6 numbers for this weeks lottery lol

Proview

Guest Tanjev
yes i remember you saying this in one of your previous post, could you pick us 6 numbers for this weeks lottery lol

Proview

give me a couple of hrs ;-)

WA is a state with big building plans and the space to do it !!!, and as you would know Carpenters are always needed on site because were the only clever ones who can read a drawing on site !!!!!!!!!!!! .... think i've opened a can of worms now !!

Carlos

hehe not strictly true that is it carlos :err: :wink: I am a fabricator /welder with 12 years site experience I read technical drawings everyday of the week !

Archived