What will happen tp "Skilled—Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 496)"

virtual_bajwa

Guys, Can somebody reply me on the situation. My agent is saying go ahead with the Medical and PCC.

Here is the question number 17 in the proof of this...

Q 17 I have been granted a provisional GSM visa and my spouse now wishes to join me, will they be able to do so?

Yes, applications for subsequent entrants for provisional GSM visas are exempt from priority processing arrangements. The provisional GSM visas are:

• Skilled—Regional Sponsored (subclass 475)

• Skilled—Graduate (subclass 485)

• Skilled—Regional Sponsored (subclass 487)

• Skilled—Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 496)

• Skilled—Independent Regional (subclass 495).

Guest recherche

hi virtual bajwa,

im no expert in this area and totally unfamiliar with subclass 496.. im purely interpreting the above question and answer.

simply put, it just says that if you have been granted a visa already.. and your other half (wife/husband) wishes to join you in australia.. they can do so and they won't have to follow the priority processing..

but if you have not been granted a visa yet.. im not sure how your case will go..

best if you consult DIAC?

But if u remove the question here and the answer is all the provisional visa are exempted from this...

Yes, applications for subsequent entrants for provisional GSM visas are exempt from priority processing arrangements. The provisional GSM visas are:

• Skilled—Regional Sponsored (subclass 475)

• Skilled—Graduate (subclass 485)

• Skilled—Regional Sponsored (subclass 487)

• Skilled—Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (subclass 496)

• Skilled—Independent Regional (subclass 495).[/Quote]

Hi VB,

But if u remove the question here and the answer is all the provisional visa are exempted from this...

I understand your feelings, mate but the fact is the answere is given to the specific question asked ie.

Q 17 I have been granted a provisional GSM visa and my spouse now wishes to join me, will they be able to do so?

Yes, applications for subsequent entrants for provisional GSM visas are exempt from priority processing arrangements. The provisional GSM visas are:......................................

You can not pick/pin the statement according to your wish.

Mate, why you are worried, you do not fall in this cap/cease categoury, as your ack. date is |Ack on 24.1.08|.

Regards

Nirmal

Hi VB,

I understand your feelings, mate but the fact is the answere is given to the specific question asked ie.

You can not pick/pin the statement according to your wish.

Mate, why you are worried, you do not fall in this cap/cease categoury, as your ack. date is |Ack on 24.1.08|.

Regards

Nirmal

Yes matey that is true but why have they mentioned the name of the visa here. They could use the other visa which is 886. So, Actually that man want to add his wife into this visa which is provisional.....So the answer is all the provisional visas are exempted from the priority processing.

And answer to ur other question is that they are judging u on ur Ack date. They judge u on the date of application which in my case is 30.Aug.2007.

Click on this link....

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/visa-options-496.htm

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi VB

My agent is saying go ahead with the Medical and PCC.

Why does your agent think that this would be a good idea when the Minister's press release is abundantly clear?

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/media-releases/2010/ce10006.htm

The first few words of Q17 say, "Q 17 I have been granted a provisional GSM visa ....." You have not been granted a provisional GSM visa so none of the rest of the paragraph which you have quoted applies to you, VB.

Therefore I ask again, what does your agent think it will achieve if you get your meds and pccs done again, please?

Cheers

Gill

Is your agent a registered migration agent?

Yes, he is a MARA agent.

Hey guys I am very sorry for misunderstanding the things here. Both my agent and I misunderstood the Q : 17. , in which we misread the meaning of Subsequent entrants. This question is or the remaining family members of visa holders of provisional visa. I apologize to everybody.

But again the question here is If they can exempt them from the priority processing then we should also be exempted from this. Anyway now I know nothing can change. Even I agent also apologize from me. But he is still saying that I should go for MEdical and PCC as I fall under Capping , and they can pick my application, as my application is at the decision making stage. I have 6.5 overall when I applied in Aug 2007. I have Masters degree. Experience of 8 years. My wife has two Post Graduation Degree + B.Ed. Good score in IELTS. 12 years of teaching experience in a Catholic church school.....

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi VB

There may be some VERY good news for you! Welshtone believes that the "cap & cease" provisions cannot be used with the subclass 496 visa. He saiys that he has sent you a PM. I have put his answer to you into the Agents' thread to make it stand out.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Until DIAC confirm my understanding AND, more importantly, confirm that they do not intend to amend the 496 regulations and then cap the 496, it is just hope, at the moment, a glimmer.

Regards

Tony Coates

Thanks for the comforting news. But matey this is Australia ... There are no rules for the people on ground. They made the rules which favors Mr. Evans( Sorry Mr. Minister).

So can u tell me where did u find this 496 regulation....

Archived