Working in Oz while awaiting CPV

wow

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I was on the forum so hello to you all again.

I am still living in the uk and I applied for a CPV 143 in June 2009. My questions are regarding the possibility of working in Oz while my visa is being processed. I currently have a 12 month e visa with restrictions that i have to leave after 12 months.

I presently spend approx. 2 months a year visiting my family in Oz, but now I may have the opportunity of working for my son in law in Oz and want to know how I stand on this.

1) What sort of visa would allow me to work while waiting my CPV?

Although I am a qualified nurse and midwife the work I am considering with my family is office work .

After researching the possibilities I am now totally confused. Can anyone advise??

After further research I am still confused.

Some information seems to indicate that I would not be allowed to work but surely i could use a working permit of some sort, especially if I have a job to go to, if i can't do it while awaiting my CPV?

Can anyone help please?

I am 60 years old and presently working in the uk.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I was on the forum so hello to you all again.

I am still living in the uk and I applied for a CPV 143 in June 2009. My questions are regarding the possibility of working in Oz while my visa is being processed. I currently have a 12 month e visa with restrictions that i have to leave after 12 months.

I presently spend approx. 2 months a year visiting my family in Oz, but now I may have the opportunity of working for my son in law in Oz and want to know how I stand on this.

1) What sort of visa would allow me to work while waiting my CPV?

Although I am a qualified nurse and midwife the work I am considering with my family is office work .

After researching the possibilities I am now totally confused. Can anyone advise??

It is actually straight-forward I think. You can work if the visa you are in Australia on at the time allows you to work.

Tourist / Visitor visas do not allow you to work ... so whilst you are on that you would not be able to. That you have a CPV in the pipeline is irrelevant to the current work situation.

Thanks Pumpkin,

"Straight forward"" - that must be a first LOL.

Does anyone know what I need to do to ba able to work in this situation? If it's a matter of just waiting for the CPV then at least I know that.

Thanks Pumpkin,

"Straight forward"" - that must be a first LOL.

Does anyone know what I need to do to ba able to work in this situation? If it's a matter of just waiting for the CPV then at least I know that.

Sorry I thought I had answered that. :confused:

You cannot work if you don't have a visa that lets you work. There is nothing you can do about this as you are not eligible forskilled work related visas and in any case these can take a long time to come through anyway.

I think patience is required here.

Good luck with CPV application.

Archived