Anybody had AQIS included in shipping price?

Guest tramway

Guest tramway

Hi

Has anybody had AQIS included in their quote and had their goods shipped to Oz and not have to pay anything more than was originally quoted & paid in UK.

Some companies say its included but then the other companies are telling me its all a con as it can't be included and you will get stung the other end.

I know they are all salesmen but starting to wonder now don't and can't afford to get forced to pay more again in Oz on collection day?:wideeyed:

Thanks

Guest Guest12551

hi wee had a few companies come to us in scotland...all the well known names.... everyone said we had to pay locally, we where told the fee could vary but asll said it was payable locally... i have just paid mine a couple of days ago.. it cost $317.00...

although i did have to chace the company up alot and when they say we will call you right back ... i have found the "queensland time".. applies lol... 5 mins is 3 hrs and later is 2 days hahahahaha... .. hope this helps ....the gallacher clan

Guest tramway
hi wee had a few companies come to us in scotland...all the well known names.... everyone said we had to pay locally, we where told the fee could vary but asll said it was payable locally... i have just paid mine a couple of days ago.. it cost $317.00...

although i did have to chace the company up alot and when they say we will call you right back ... i have found the "queensland time".. applies lol... 5 mins is 3 hrs and later is 2 days hahahahaha... .. hope this helps ....the gallacher clan

Thanks doesn't appear to be anybody that has paid it in UK :unsure:

If you are talking the container inspection fee I "believe" we have paid it already through Crown. $750 for a 40 foot container.

Guess we'll find out when the container gets to Freemantle at the end of March / early April.

Just found out that our 10-12 weeks shipping is looking more like 6 although they did say it could take another 3 weeks to clear it through customs. Here's hoping or we'll be paying for unplanned storage at the Perth end

Guest tramway
If you are talking the container inspection fee I "believe" we have paid it already through Crown. $750 for a 40 foot container.

Guess we'll find out when the container gets to Freemantle at the end of March / early April.

Just found out that our 10-12 weeks shipping is looking more like 6 although they did say it could take another 3 weeks to clear it through customs. Here's hoping or we'll be paying for unplanned storage at the Perth end

Ya cheers its included in our price but just can't get any info if anyone got conned and had to pay it again in Oz as other company quotes kept saying they can't include it its not possible etc. :wideeyed:

Guest Hearne_Family

Hi,

I didnt ship out a container full of stuff...just my toolbox infact, I paid for the shipping and the AQIS in the UK and paid nothing here in Melbourne.

I used Doree Bonner, hope this helps?

Terry

Guest tramway
Hi,

I didnt ship out a container full of stuff...just my toolbox infact, I paid for the shipping and the AQIS in the UK and paid nothing here in Melbourne.

I used Doree Bonner, hope this helps?

Terry

Thanks thats interesting as DB are one of the ones you keep telling me that the quote I have including the AQIS isn't possible as it can only be paid in OZ & I will get stung basically. :wideeyed:

Guest Hearne_Family
Thanks thats interesting as DB are one of the ones you keep telling me that the quote I have including the AQIS isn't possible as it can only be paid in OZ & I will get stung basically. :wideeyed:

Bizarre...I dont know if it changes for a whole container, I was just glad to get everything sorted in the UK and have no problems once here. Hope you get things sorted.

Terry

Guest tramway
Bizarre...I dont know if it changes for a whole container, I was just glad to get everything sorted in the UK and have no problems once here. Hope you get things sorted.

Terry

Ya thanks will just have to take the chance and hope it all works out.

Guest smileykylie

I just received some boxes of stuff from the Uk and there was a piece of paper in there with with AQIS fees . They stated that 'Inspection is mandatory for personal effects'

Fees

Unmanned Depot

Manual entry lodgement fee = $14

Documentation Fee = $35.50

Inspection 1st half hour = $80

Minimum fee = $129.50

AQIS centre

Inspection 1st 15 mins = $35.50

Minimum fee =-$85

additional fees apply if insepction takes longer than 30mins or treatment or reinspection is required.

My fee for 2 boxes was $97 from quaratine. I was also charged a terminal fee and another fee for 'automation'. In total $210 to collect my stuff.

I think they are unable to quote an exact amount as it depends on the actions of the Quaratine officer and the time it takes them. If it is included with your quote it might be that they have charged you extra to ensure that they cover everything as they cannot know what quarantine will do.

Hope this is helpful and not just more confusing.

Guest mandisfam

Hi, Crown have also said to us the customs fee is included in the quote. I have always assume that its because they have their own inspection shed so to speak out there. Where as other companys sub contract this part out.

I must admit I dont think shipping companys make it easy to understand, which makes me think they looking for an opportunity to get a bit more money out of us.

Mandisfam

Guest tramway
I just received some boxes of stuff from the Uk and there was a piece of paper in there with with AQIS fees . They stated that 'Inspection is mandatory for personal effects'

Fees

Unmanned Depot

Inspection 1st half hour = $80

Minimum fee = $129.50

AQIS centre

Inspection 1st 15 mins = $35.50

Minimum fee =-$85

additional fees apply if insepction takes longer than 30mins or treatment or reinspection is required.

My fee for 2 boxes was $97 from quaratine. I was also charged a terminal fee and another fee for 'automation'. In total $210 to collect my stuff.

I think they are unable to quote an exact amount as it depends on the actions of the Quaratine officer and the time it takes them. If it is included with your quote it might be that they have charged you extra to ensure that they cover everything as they cannot know what quarantine will do.

Hope this is helpful and not just more confusing.

Thanks actually its the best quote we got, which is porb why the other agents are trying to put us off by saying it can't be done as they can't match our quote by a long shot. :wideeyed:

Guest smileykylie
Hi, Crown have also said to us the customs fee is included in the quote. I have always assume that its because they have their own inspection shed so to speak out there. Where as other companys sub contract this part out.

I must admit I dont think shipping companys make it easy to understand, which makes me think they looking for an opportunity to get a bit more money out of us.

Mandisfam

I don't think they can have their own inspections as it is a government department (AQIS) who do this. I think if they are experienced they probably can estimate how long an inspection will take and what if any reinspections/treatment is required based on what they know you are sending. But I doubt they can be exact about it and will make a few bob I am sure!!

Archived