Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

Finishing Joiner/Carpenter looking for Construction names in Sunshine Coast/Brisbane

Hi all,

I have finally made my decision on where to live once I finally get my visa (whenever that might be), and I have chose the Sunshine Coast. I particularly like the Caloundra area but anywhere near there would be good enough for me.

I am looking to send my Resume off to various construction companies within the Sunshine coast or Brisbane area so I could improve my chances of finding employment and was wondering if anyone could possibly supply me with some Construction names? I have searched over the net but finding it a little struggle to find any big name construction companies, so if anyone out there could provide me with some would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Hi there i have been living in sunshine coast now for four months iam a carpenter and yesterday having applied for a job was told i was the 78 carpenter to ring.so just be sure you want to settle on the sunshine coast cause it is tough at the moment.

Queensland Sponsorship-June 08, Applied Online-July 08.......Medicals finalised 24 April 09, VISA APPROVED 1 July 09!!!! Arrived Brisbane 25th October 09. Applied PR 29 October 11, VISA APPROVED 9 November 11!!!!!!!!!

Hi there i have been living in sunshine coast now for four months iam a carpenter and yesterday having applied for a job was told i was the 78 carpenter to ring.so just be sure you want to settle on the sunshine coast cause it is tough at the moment.

Hi Cathy & Paul

Oh thats not good is it. It has taken me sometime to find a suitable place to settle in Queensland (I am applying for a QLD SS Visa) and the sunshine coast looked the best. I am still thinking of living there once/If I get over there and perhaps look for work in Brisbane.

Do you happen to know how long the driving time is into Brisbane?

Thanks for the information

Cheers

Matt

from caloundra to brisi about 90 mins but make sure that if you go for state sponsership you go for the 176 cos if you go for 475 you can not work in brisi hope this helps.

Queensland Sponsorship-June 08, Applied Online-July 08.......Medicals finalised 24 April 09, VISA APPROVED 1 July 09!!!! Arrived Brisbane 25th October 09. Applied PR 29 October 11, VISA APPROVED 9 November 11!!!!!!!!!

from caloundra to brisi about 90 mins but make sure that if you go for state sponsership you go for the 176 cos if you go for 475 you can not work in brisi hope this helps.

Hi Cathy & Paul

Yeah I have already applied and received my approval letter from Queensland on a 176 visa. I am just waiting to be assigned a CO and do my meds etc. How long this be is anybodys guess.

90 minutes, wow, I thought perhaps 45 at most. Can you suggest any areas?

Thanks for the info

Matt

Hi Cathy & Paul

Yeah I have already applied and received my approval letter from Queensland on a 176 visa. I am just waiting to be assigned a CO and do my meds etc. How long this be is anybodys guess.

90 minutes, wow, I thought perhaps 45 at most. Can you suggest any areas?

Thanks for the info

Matt

Hi mate when i said 90 mins thats the absolute topside allowing for really bad traffic and bad driving cos they drive like lunatics.caloundra should be fine close to everything and the second part of pelican waters should have opened up by then.

Guest waynenicola

Hi Paul,

How is the carpentry/construction situation along the coast ? I have read they are releasing new land and also starting some big projects(Maroochydore centre etc) so i thought it would be picking up a bit by now ??. I also get regular emails from people like Byron Employment and a lot of chippy/joiner jobs seem to be appearing from the gold coast and up, is this how it really is, i am hoping to be there by xmas this year so i am reading daily on the net.

all the best

sent pm:biggrin:

Guest trike pilot tom

Hi Guys, yea im looking at the carpentry / Joinery situation as well. Is it picking up over there? Im hopping to move over before Christmass this year.

Tom.

just got another reply from a job i applied for.It read thanks for your application there was 76 applications to go through and the job was given to someone else.so you figure it out how things are over here.

Guest Working to fish

We are in Caloundra ,and i drive to Brisbane 4 days a week ,about an hour each way .

Sorry to say i dont think the sunshine coast has picked up tbo.