2294-13 - Organisation and Methods Analyst

Guest jourdmart

Guest jourdmart

Hi there,

First post on POI, so please be gentle!

We are looking into moving to Adelaide on a 176 visa. I have uncles in Adelaide, any one of whom would be willing to sponsor us.

I am 37 (wife is 38, 2 kids - 4 and 5) and a financial systems analyst, working predominantly with Oracle (over 4 years experience). I was initially looking at having my skills assessed as Business and Information Professionals (nec). However, after some thought and a suggestion from a migration agent, I am looking at the Organisation and Methods Analyst role, which after some reading up, seems to actually fit my current job description and role much better. I tend to work on projects from beginning to end, from initial consultations and business analysis to testing and training.

My question is - has anybody got any experience or knowledge of this job category and the best wording for the employers reference? Looking at the info ABS website 1220.0 - Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition, 1997 it seems to fit my role, but could also be open to some interpretation.

Also (I know there are lots of threads on agents), what are peoples views on agents and whether, given the fact that the role description is quite open, it's a good idea to use an agent for advise and checking all the relevant paperwork? And what are the range of fees people have experienced?

Any help, for a hopeful family, would be grafefully appreciated!

Thanks,

Martin.

Guest bebac30

Dear Martin,

PIO members are allways gentle :) and most have a very useful advices.

I don`t know anything about your proffesion but i am sure someone will response soon.

Archived