Guest JGirl

Furnished Rented Accomm Brisbane

Guest JGirl

Hello there, we arrive in Brissy on 17 April and willbe staying with family initially. We then want to rent somewhere furnished as we think we will just put our shipping into storage when it arrives so that when we eventually buy we have to just move it once. Is this feasible do you think?

We will need a rented house as we have a one year old - so not an apartment ideally. Can you get furnished places? Or would we be better having our shipping delivered? We would like to buy asap, but this will depend on jobs and getting settled etc.

Really worried about all this, what to do for the best! Any advice appreciated.

Hi

It is possible to get a furnished house or a holiday let although there arent loads about so you wont have a huge choice of areas.

Renting furnished is a little more expensive than renting unfurnished, hence people tend to use them for a month or so until their container arrives or they pick up some basic furniture to tide them over, be it hire some or buy some. Costs are also more in furnished because your utility bills(elec, water etc)are included in the rent.

Also bear in mind Easter is early April so places will get booked up quite quickly.

hope this helps a little

Cal x

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Furnished will cost a lot more we where being quoted $1200 a week for furnished that we could have a dog in.Plus its nice when your furniture arrives makes it feel like home with all your own stuff around you.

Terry (44) Emergency Gas Engineer, Sarah (38)Chris (16) Kelly (13) TRA 19/05/08 TRA successful 2/06/08 Visa Application Sent 19/06/08X rays done 11/11/08 Meds done 17/11/08bCRB done 24/11/08Meds Finalized 10/12/08 Visa Granted 18/12/08

Hi JGirl

Have a chat with Cal, she has some furnished accommodation and if she can't help she may someone who can.

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Hi JGirl

As Cal says, you do pay quite a lot more for furnished accommodation. Personally, I would try and find a longer term rental and have your stuff delivered as soon as you can. I really think it helps settling in and making you feel more at home when you have your own things around you. A local move can be relatively cheap - you can hire a van and do most of it yourselves usually.

Also, by having a rental for a few months, it will allow you time to find the right area to buy in, rather than rushing to buy and finding yourself in completely the wrong area.

I hope that helps

Love

Rudi

x

Guest r17ych

I know you said you didn't want an apartment ideally, but we arrived about 10 weeks ago and stayed in a fully furnished apartment in Cleveland nr Raby Bay harbour which was gorgeous. It was brand new, spotlessly clean and uber trendy. Its location was perfect, it was within walking distance to the harbour and all its restaurants and bars and I would have stayed there longer than the 5 weeks we were there for only they wouldn't allow dogs and ours was on its way! It cost us $650 a week and there were lots of children in the block. If you want any further information then send me a personal message and I can give you the details of the person we dealt with.

Love

Raych xxx