DIAC and TRA Background Checks

Guest Rob c

hi all im starting to apply for my PR for Oz on my own, im wondering if anyone on this can tell me how in detail do DIAC and the TRA check your work references?, i have no problems with mine, but i would like to know if they contact them all?, also could anyone tell me can DIAC access your tax details from your country?, im a citizen of Ireland but now reside in England, and have been self employed in England for 2 years and all is clean, All is clean in Ireland too, but i was working for cash at one stage, and was not paying taxes for a while, My police cert would also be clean, it would be great to know, if they can probe into your tax records? Cheers :)

Yes they check your employment history as it is relevant to if you meet the skills level and if you want the points and to meet the requirements to get a visa they have to check. They use all sorts of methods to check from phoning, writing or your evidence ie P60's etc.

No idea about being able to check HMRC but possible, Governments share information *shrugs* but if you were claiming part of your experience period as self employed you would have to provide evidence which would include accounts would it not?

thanks shel, i have no problems, with them looking at HMRC info, but because i did not pay taxes for a period in the Republic of Ireland and im a Rep of Ireland citizen, that what im concerned about?, but i would assume, that they would check your background in the country your currently residing in which is the UK and thats no problem, my self empolyment is not part of my TRA assement, thanks for the pointers :)

Archived