Guest lezwolf

Air con installer doing a reckie in december 2010

Guest lezwolf

Hi all, My name is Lez.We're coming out to Perth at the begining of December 2010 to have a much needed holiday and to do a rekkie of the area for future migration purposes.

Are there any Air con companies out there who's willing to have a chat with me regarding

job offers or just some much needed advice from these people in my trade.?

We also want to rent a house for the month so if anyone could help us then that would also be much appreciated (with pool !!):biggrin:

Thanks all for your time.

Lez, shaz, Jade and Lily-Mai

Hi Lez

Shame you are not heading to Melbourne, I have lots of air con contacts here who could have helped. Good luck with Perth, enjoy your holiday/reccie.

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest lezwolf

Thanks for your response though Kate.

Is there a shortage of installers in Melbourne then ??

Guest ozzieandlea

Hi Lez

Try looking on Seek.Com.Au under trades and services, plenty of air con companies on there. If you have no joy with emails etc. just get their addresses and pay them a visit while you`re there. As for rentals, we used holidaylettings.co.uk again plenty of choices on there but be quick, beginning of Dec rentals tend to be snapped up quick and pricey.

Good luck in Perth

Ozzie

Guest lezwolf

Cheers mate.

Yes I've seen both of them sites before and they have given me some food for thought.

Good luck with your move anyway,

I think we'll emigrate in 3-4 years maximum...........Can't wait !!

Lez, I will hook you up with my husbands company.

They are based out of Malaga and do commercial installations and service.

PM me when you are getting closer to coming out and will arrange a chat for you.

Karen

Back in Canada over a year and half, miss some aspects of Australia but glad to back home. !!!!

Guest jcraig3

Hi

Wondering of anyone could help me.

Me and my husband are coming to melbourne in december, he is going to study air conditioning, however he requires a job in the trade to be able to complete the course.

I was wondering if you would recommend any companies we could contact.

Best Regrads

Jo

Guest lezwolf

Hi Jo.

Has he got any experience in air conditioning?

As there is a LOT more involved in this trade than meets the eye.

I have been installing/servicing air con for over 4 years and am still learning all the time.

In my personal experience, you need to have hands on experience for at least 2 years.

But this is just my opinion,

Cheers.

try this company - we have used them for our own domestic repair and our son did a week's work experience with one of their service engineers.

Heating and Air Conditioning - Carrier

Job offer accepted September 2008, 457 visa approved 7th January 2009, Arrival in Melbourne 27th January 2009, PR (856 visa) granted 27th July 2010

Guest jcraig3

No Unfortauntely he doesnt have any experience, thats why its really important for him to have part time work in the trade while studying. Do you think many companies would take hom on while studying?