Come on Andy Murray!!

Guest guest33730

Guest guest33730

I Hope everyone is cheering for Andy Murray today to win the Australian open against Federer - coverage starts BBC1 at 8am!!

Hope it's a straight sets win otherwise they may be starting without me at church this morning!! - My thoughts are that God will be needed in Melbourne anyway so it wont matter!!

C'Mon Andy Murray!!

Daniel

Oh please!!!!! I have been able to meet the guy when I worked at Wimbledon and the guy is so stuck up and so his his mum, I hate the guy, when he is defeated he appears to be British, but when he's winning he makes a point that he's Scottish. I like Rodge as he is genually a nice bloke. Good luck to Rodge I say!!!

Guest Working to fish
he gets right on my t!ts, horrible angry goose necked jock ... and as for his "air fisting" mother..well,,,,

But as said on oz tv ,we have not won bugger all in 150,000 years .

But as said on oz tv ,we have not won bugger all in 150,000 years .

You've turned into one of them eddy!:elvis:

Its not about the winning, ist about the p!ss up.

You'll be sporting a mullet and getting a southern cross tattoo next!:biglaugh:

Guest Working to fish
You've turned into one of them eddy!:elvis:

Its not about the winning, ist about the p!ss up.

You'll be sporting a mullet and getting a southern cross tattoo next!:biglaugh:

Wtf ,lol ,

Its ie by the way as if you didnt knoe

BUMMER!!! - Maybe in another 150,000 years!!

Henman would have beaten Federer today, and Jeremy Bates and probably Andrew Castle!:daydreaming:

I do hope he wins. Much as I like Federer, it would be nice to see someone else win - especially a Brit. However, Andy Murray does seem to have the personality of a wet weekend!!

Love

Rudi

x

Explain something to me, the british gave Tim Henman so mush grief because he was "too nice", how many times were we told that he will never win anything because he doesn't have the right personality. Now we have someone challenging for grand slams and he "doesn't have the right personality"., he's too serious, he can't talk to the press,etc.etc.etc....

Give the boy a break will you

Guest guest37336

Hi Chimera.

I have to agree. I must admit that I don't particularly 'like' Andy Murray. I can only comment however on his public persona. Behind closed doors he may be a different character. But what amazes me is this. If he was Australian, with the attitude he has, which is one of self-belief, and confidence, he would be lauded by the general populous.

You're right, us Brits cannot have it both ways. Tim Henman was apparently a 'choker' & 'loser' because of his niceness. And now Andy Murray is 'arrogant' and 'self serving' because he has a killer instinct. I may not particularly like Andy Murray, but I will back him within a 'sporting' context.

Thank you.

dont confuse media opinion and public opinion. Henman had a huge following and his wimbledon games where like one big party. I suppose the Brits put having fun before winning in sport and like people for being nice, if they win too then thats an added bonus:biggrin:

Guest guest37336

Couldn't agree more ALDO. The Brits have a history of just 'taking part', whereas the Aussies seem to have an attitude of 'win at all costs'. I don't know which is more annoying. It's a shame we cant find a happy medium.

Guest proud2beaussie
If he was Australian, with the attitude he has, which is one of self-belief, and confidence, he would be lauded by the general populous.

I'm afraid that you are talking bunkum A380 (IMO) Murray is really no different than Leyton Hewitt and if you have spent any time in Australia since Hewiitt has been on the circuit you would know that most aussies,certainly the tennis fans at least,cringe whenever they see him acting up the way he does with his arm pumping gestures etc,I really think they would react in the same way to Murray and his antics.

Guest guest37336

Hi Nigel.

I agree to a certain degree. But Hewitt has grown up recently, not wholly, but some. And come on Nigel, be honest. Rugby, cricket, most Australian mainstream sports in actual fact, which ever Aussie team is playing they do have an air of arrogance and almighty self-belief, by the way that's not a criticism. I wasn't necessarily commenting on anyones on court/field antics, a lot of which I hate, more their attitude and the way they are perceived by the population. Murray's attitude is one of arrogance, which to get to the top in sport, is an imperative. But to the vast majority of Brits this sense of arrogance and belief is somehow wrong. IMO I would like to see a lot more of the Aussie type arrogance in Brit sports people, hopefully it would be kept in context though by the media.

Guest scotty58

Well done my boy Federer! I was chatting to my mum in Glasgow and I think most people there think he is a loud mouth git! His mother is non too popular either

Archived