Guest guest36187

2 minutes ago, LesleyT said:

My acknowledgement is 28 April 2017 and I've heard nothing. I thought it was strict date order.

The latest I’ve heard about on social media is March 2017. To hear about a May 2017 application really doesn’t seem right. 864 were incorrectly being granted early so were placed on hold until 143 reached the same  date that they had reached which was February 2017. 

On 28/11/2022 at 08:39, LesleyT said:

Yes Linda, I've just been waiting and watching, but as you say May 2017 seems odd. I'd seen January 2017 had been reached and just thought yes, it's getting closer. Now it seems to have gone past me and is nearly reaching you.

That is strange indeed. We filed for the CPV 143 with one dependent on April 5, 2017 with acknowledgement on April 10, 2017 and haven't received any communication from the department yet. Wonder if anyone who has filed in March or April of 2017 heard anything?

3 minutes ago, KAK said:

That is strange indeed. We filed for the CPV 143 with one dependent on April 5, 2017 with acknowledgement on April 10, 2017 and haven't received any communication from the department yet. Wonder if anyone who has filed in March or April of 2017 heard anything?

According to social media some dates in March 2017 have been requested for further docs 

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

According to social media some dates in March 2017 have been requested for further docs 

Thanks Linda. That is good to hear! Hopefully, we could get some response soon!

Do you mind sharing the link of any such post? The young one is anxious given the long wait and hopefully, this will calm some nerves!

On 27/11/2022 at 21:08, LindaH27 said:

The latest I’ve heard about on social media is March 2017. To hear about a May 2017 application really doesn’t seem right. 864 were incorrectly being granted early so were placed on hold until 143 reached the same  date that they had reached which was February 2017. 

Just over a week ago I received a request for medicals, police checks etc.  My date for 143 was late Feb 2017. 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

4 minutes ago, KAK said:

Thanks Linda. That is good to hear! Hopefully, we could get some response soon!

Do you mind sharing the link of any such post? The young one is anxious given the long wait and hopefully, this will calm some nerves!

How old is the young one. 

Hello all, I have a question and I was hoping someone could help me out. I applied for visa 173 offshore on 29 Sep, 2016 and I have been asked to proved more documents in Oct. My question is when visa 173 is granted should I travel to Australia before applying for 143 or is it possible to apply for 143 right away after grant of 173 offshore?

Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

My folks have been in WA for 6 months on 804 after switching from 143 queue (applied early 2020). A couple of questions: 

1. They decided to come for a year before selling up in the UK, just to make sure they were sure, as it were. Looks like they are going to stay, but will need to return 'home' to pack up and sell up. I know they need BVB for this. Is 12 months considered a reasonable amount of time? And can they return earlier than that if they get a buyer quickly?
  2. Has anyone in WA on 804 managed to get a WA seniors card? I've seen conflicting comments on this. 

Happy new year to you all - hope it's health and happy! 

6 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

My folks have been in WA for 6 months on 804 after switching from 143 queue (applied early 2020). A couple of questions: 

1. They decided to come for a year before selling up in the UK, just to make sure they were sure, as it were. Looks like they are going to stay, but will need to return 'home' to pack up and sell up. I know they need BVB for this. Is 12 months considered a reasonable amount of time? And can they return earlier than that if they get a buyer quickly?
  2. Has anyone in WA on 804 managed to get a WA seniors card? I've seen conflicting comments on this. 

Happy new year to you all - hope it's health and happy! 

Not able to have seniors card according to this https://www.wa.gov.au/service/community-services/grants-and-subsidies/apply-wa-seniors-card

CD34445D-5CA3-4F2A-B9F9-DAFAABD184E9.png

Edited by LindaH27

54 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

All you can do is apply and see.  If it's rejected, they can apply again for a shorter length of time.  They will have to provide a good reason for their visit and explain why they need to stay so long.   It's hard to see how they could justify 12 months, frankly.  They could justify a few months to get the house in order and their belongings packed up, but then there would be nothing to stop them returning, as the whole house sale can be handled remotely.  

As for the Seniors Card -- they're not eligible, but when I applied, I don't remember them asking to see proof of citizenship or residency.  So it may be that they're lax about checking and some people get away with it.

Edited by Marisawright

16 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

All you can do is apply and see.  If it's rejected, they can apply again for a shorter length of time.  They will have to provide a good reason for their visit and explain why they need to stay so long.   It's hard to see how they could justify 12 months, frankly.  They could justify a few months to get the house in order and their belongings packed up, but then there would be nothing to stop them returning, as the whole house sale can be handled remotely.  

As for the Seniors Card -- they're not eligible, but when I applied, I don't remember them asking to see proof of citizenship or residency.  So it may be that they're lax about checking and some people get away with it.

I know when we applied for a seniors card 20 years ago, when on a retirement visa in our innocence when we were asked if we were pensioners, and knowing no better answered yes we were. Had a seniors card ever since. Don’t use it much though. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Latest statistics re Contributory Parent visa applications that are in train are now available ...

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/just-in-the-latest-statistics-regarding-contributory-parent-visa-applications/

Hopefully of interest to a few.

Best regards.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Sad to see that June 2018 applications will be processed in June 2026.