Guest guest36187

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Thank you Alan. Hopefully there will be a further increase in the upcoming October budget. I note you think the non CP visa allocation (103 & 804) will drop to 500. Obviously it doesn’t really matter for 804 as people know they are not likely to ever get their grant owing to the current long wait but it’s likely that even more aged parents will take this route in future given that it’s so much cheaper and they can wait onshore  so it’s going to mean a lack of revenue for the govt and surely can’t be sustainable. I hope it doesn’t mean increasing the VAC for CPV applications. I know at present the second VAC is locked in at the price at the time of application. Do you foresee any change in this ? 

Hi Linda.

Whether the non CPV number is 500 or 750 for 2022-23 is arguably of little material significance.

If the new Federal Government is serious about limiting the significant number of BV holders in Australia (about 360,000 currently - a ridiculous number, IMHO) it will close off the 804 visa pathway - as you say this pathway isn't sustainable and brings the parent visa program into disrepute.

This is purely speculation on my part, but there might be an announcement in this regard around the time of the October 2022 ALP Federal Budget.

As ever, my recommendation is that intending visa applicants submit the visa application ASAP, while the pathway exists.

Best regards.

• Like 3

Hello,

Could anyone here advise me on how I should update the passport and address details for my parents? I applied 864 aged CPV for them on Feb 2021 and they have been on BV since we got back the acknowledged letter. Should I send the email about the new passport and address details to the email address I received for acknowledgment letter? If I do so, will that be updated for their BV details as well? We haven’t heard anything back from them like queue assignment since we got back that acknowledgment email and it has been about 1.5 years now.

Hi!

Does an assurance of support have to be lodged online or can you go into a centrelink branch and do it there? I am trying to do it online, however there doesn't seem to be anywhere on the application that allows me to upload documents such as tax assessments, payslips etc.

Many Thanks

16 hours ago, purplealster said:

Hi!

Does an assurance of support have to be lodged online or can you go into a centrelink branch and do it there? I am trying to do it online, however there doesn't seem to be anywhere on the application that allows me to upload documents such as tax assessments, payslips etc.

Many Thanks

Not sure about applying in person but Online is lot easier.

Just login to Centrelink's website (You can login to MyGov and then go to Centrelink) then go to Payments & Claims > Assurance Of Support > Start New Application. Once submitted, you should go to nearest Centrelink's office for Identity Verification and then just have to wait for the phone call from them.

image.png.c72e2220883c504a79c6c4ef27cb1f97.png

Edited by Guru81
  • Like 2

Many Thanks for your reply!  I have started the application already online, but I cannot see how to upload the documents? Is that done via the documents and appointment section on the homepage? When I fill out the income section, it's asking for our income for 21/22 however, we don't actually know what this is in total as we are waiting for investment statements which will only be ready at the end of August so we haven't done our 21/22 tax returns yet. On the services australia website, it says we can submit the 20/21 notice of assessment along with two payslips but the application won't let us progress if we leave that answer blank. Hence why thought it may be easier if we got someone at centrelink to do it for us. 

Edited by purplealster

OK, so I have figured one thing out - I missed a word when I reading the form, so I can fill out the form no problems regarding income, but are you able to advise how I upload the documents?

Their help section says 'Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the application. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.'

However, I can't see this - on each screen when you click on help, it just gives you generic information on how to fill out the form. When I click on upload documents via the centrelink homepage, there doesn't seem to be an option for AOS documents on the drop down box.  Or do they ask for specific documents once you submit the application?

Many Thanks in advance for assistance, (which gratefully received!).

13 hours ago, purplealster said:

OK, so I have figured one thing out - I missed a word when I reading the form, so I can fill out the form no problems regarding income, but are you able to advise how I upload the documents?

Their help section says 'Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the application. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.'

However, I can't see this - on each screen when you click on help, it just gives you generic information on how to fill out the form. When I click on upload documents via the centrelink homepage, there doesn't seem to be an option for AOS documents on the drop down box.  Or do they ask for specific documents once you submit the application?

Can't be sure but I seem to remember my son uploading some documents with the AOS application it may have been at the end. He's away at the moment so can't ask him. However, he still had to take some original documents into centerlink for verification. 

15 hours ago, purplealster said:

From memory, I uploaded documents at the end of application (Probably just before submitting) but definitely as part of completing the application.

13 hours ago, Danny2729 said:

Hi All,

Looking to apply for an 870 visa,  does the guarantor (not  sponsor) have to be your child, or can it be another family member or friend?

Regards,

Who is this guarantor that you are referencing please?

The sponsor underwrites costs such as claims on Medicare by the subclass 870 visa holder.

Best regards.

10 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Who is this guarantor that you are referencing please?

The sponsor underwrites costs such as claims on Medicare by the subclass 870 visa holder.

Best regards.

My Sister & her husband. The same as my 143.

Edited by Danny2729

20 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I don't understand your question - sorry.

Are you referencing the Assurer?

There is no Assurer with subclass 870 applications.

Best regards.

have a minimum household income of $83,454.80 based on the most recent completed financial year. This is based on their income alone OR the combined income of your child and their spouse/partner AND/OR another Australian-based child (if applicable). The other Australian child must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

53 minutes ago, Danny2729 said:

have a minimum household income of $83,454.80 based on the most recent completed financial year. This is based on their income alone OR the combined income of your child and their spouse/partner AND/OR another Australian-based child (if applicable). The other Australian child must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

This is the income requirement for the sponsor.

The sponsor can only be the person/s identified in the extract you have posted.

Best regards.

2 hours ago, Kukoo 19/10/16 said:

Requested for AFP report.Isubmitted Bank Account particulars and Indian Income Tax return.Asked for any other document as ITR is not valid. Now Debit card is submitted instead of credit card. Will they accept it now. No reply has been received so for. How much time will take for PCC from AFP

Why did you submit an Indian tax return please?

For what visa subclass?

Best regards.