Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

On 30/06/2021 at 01:56, Anks said:

Last day of this financial year, hoping to see movement for the visa approvals and additional documents from tomorrow onwards. Fingers crossed!

Yes there will be movement as some have paid 2nd Vac and been told no more for this year 20/21  but ready to go from today for 21/22. 

Given the low quota of 3600 I would hazard a guess that cap will be reached very quickly - within a few months then a long wait till next year- unless the current senate enquiry manages to persuade the govt to increase it. I doubt the results of the enquiry have legal standing and  will just be recommendations - exactly like the Review in 2016. I do think there may be a strong possibility they may get rid of 804 given the increasing cost to the Australian taxpayer and  the length of wait time. They tried to get rid of it in 2014 and it was also a recommendation in the 2016 review. 

New Zealand faced a big increase in parent visa applications  a few years ago and they put a halt on new applications for a few years. It’s started again but slowly I believe. 

• Like 1

143 lodged 21 June 2017

On 16/06/2021 at 14:05, Lucy Adelaide said:

Hi everyone,

I am going to apply a visa 143 for my parents who are holding visa 173. Can anyone share your experience whether I should send again all documents to support my sponsorship if I am still the sponsor for their visa (173 and now 143)?

And if anyone was requested a health exam again for this visa after taking health exam for visa 173 ? 

Many thanks,

Kind regards 

Hi I applied for 143 onshore after receiving my 173 - At the top of the last page of the applicants form it does say that you will not be required to resubmit any documents either as the applicant or sponsor. The only thing I had to reapply for was Police Clearance Certificate from Australia. 

• Like 1

30th Oct 2015 173 lodged (off shore) ;   02nd Nov 2015 - Acknowledged;  6th Feb 2019 - Request for additional documents ; 2nd Mar 2019 Submitted to PVC Team 1; 24th July - Request to pay 2nd VAC ; 25th July 2019 - Visa granted - 12th Sept 2019 entered Australia

24th June 2020 143 lodged (on shore);   02nd July 2020 - Acknowledged ;  03rd August - Request for AOS and AFP clearance Certificate ;  10th August- AOS approval letter received; 25th September - Request to pay 2nd VAC ; 29th September 143 visa granted ; 

On 20/07/2021 at 12:31, Marilyn said:

Hi I applied for 143 onshore after receiving my 173 - At the top of the last page of the applicants form it does say that you will not be required to resubmit any documents either as the applicant or sponsor. The only thing I had to reapply for was Police Clearance Certificate from Australia. 

Thank you for the information. I am applying aos and it requires to provide proof of identity in person. It won't a problem normally but now SA in lockdown and my local centrelink is one of the hotspots. I wonder if anyone experiences same and can provide a proof of identity over the phone or online. 

I appreciate if anyone can help me with their phone as well as I couldn't find the phone line for aos purpose.

CPV 173 - Lodged and Acknowledged Mar 2016

Further docs - Early May 2020

2nd VAC request - Aug 2020

2nd VAC paid and Visa granted - Sep 2020

17 hours ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Thank you for the information. I am applying aos and it requires to provide proof of identity in person. It won't a problem normally but now SA in lockdown and my local centrelink is one of the hotspots. I wonder if anyone experiences same and can provide a proof of identity over the phone or online. 

I appreciate if anyone can help me with their phone as well as I couldn't find the phone line for aos purpose.

My problem was solved

CPV 173 - Lodged and Acknowledged Mar 2016

Further docs - Early May 2020

2nd VAC request - Aug 2020

2nd VAC paid and Visa granted - Sep 2020