Guest guest36187

On 31/07/2021 at 15:14, Marisawright said:

Their argument is that they cannot predict how long applications might take in the future, so their figure is always based on how long applications are actually taking right now.  Feeble, I know, but it's how all waiting times are stated.

It's not even that - it's the fact that they are not clear about the deal here. It should clearly state that applicant who applied 'x' number of months ago are currently being assessed and explain that this is not indicative of when new applications will be processed. 

1 hour ago, Ollie1234 said:

It's not even that - it's the fact that they are not clear about the deal here. It should clearly state that applicant who applied 'x' number of months ago are currently being assessed and explain that this is not indicative of when new applications will be processed. 

I said it was feeble 

4 hours ago, Ollie1234 said:

Interesting isn't it!  Where else would anyone get away with misleading people (for years) and taking money from them for something they may not even live long enough to see!

• Like 2

Hi. Can anyone advise on the following for parent contributory visa(permanent) 143?

1) Is there income test requirement for sponsor? Some have advised that it only applies to temporary parent visas, so I'm quite lost. And if there's a requirement, how much is the income?

2) difference between sponsor and assurer?

3) Is there income test for assurer? And if so, how much? Is there a different set of income requirements for assurer and sponsors respectively?

4) if sponsor has been living and working in Australia for more than 2 years, and just received PR this year(but before this on work visa), still considered eligible to sponsor?

Would greatly appreciate advice as I've been scouring for this info about income and there's a lot of conflicting info. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Edited by Dandan

Hi. I'm about to start applying for the 143 contributory visa (permanent). Can anyone advise on what's the 1st thing I need to do to get things rolling? Does my son apply to be assurer first or do I fill up the form 47PA(I hope it's the right form) and start on that first? My apologies for the newbie questions, but it's a bit overwhelming, and during this hard times, I'm just trying to save on migration agent fees. Hope someone can shed some light.

1 hour ago, Dandan said:

Hi. I'm about to start applying for the 143 contributory visa (permanent). Can anyone advise on what's the 1st thing I need to do to get things rolling? Does my son apply to be assurer first or do I fill up the form 47PA(I hope it's the right form) and start on that first? My apologies for the newbie questions, but it's a bit overwhelming, and during this hard times, I'm just trying to save on migration agent fees. Hope someone can shed some light.

The first thing you need to know is that if you apply now, you will be waiting at least 10 years to get the visa.  Yes, that's not a typo - 10 years.  So you'll have plenty of time to save for the final payment, if that helps you feel more comfortable about affording an agent's fees right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dandan said:

Your son doesn’t apply to be the assurer first.  Pretty sure you do the application although someone can do it on your behalf.  I’d strongly suggest you reach out to a migrant agent.  You can just have an initial consultation first which won’t cost a fortune and then decide whether to attempt it yourself or get them to do it.  The latter would be best.  As mentioned, the wait time will be in excess of ten years and who knows what changes will come into effect in that time.  Much better to let an agent do your application and then you can park it and forget about it knowing your agent will contact you when necessary.  Alan who has liked the comment above is a well known migrant agent of many years and is highly regarded. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The senate enquiry report into partner and parent visa was due out on August 10th. It has now been put back to November 2021 - probably because of the Covid outbreaks there 

Am I alone in feeling a tad jaundiced with how everything stops in Australia because of Covid?

I'm fortunate enough to be in the UK presently.   Learn to live with it seems to be the basis of society here.

In Australia the country has hit the buffers, with nothing happening.    A hopeless bureaucracy is being found out by Covid.

Onwards!

Best regards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Am I alone in feeling a tad jaundiced with how everything stops in Australia because of Covid?

I'm fortunate enough to be in the UK presently.   Learn to live with it seems to be the basis of society here.

In Australia the country has hit the buffers, with nothing happening.    A hopeless bureaucracy is being found out by Covid.

Onwards!

Best regards.

Yes in UK we are learning to live with the virus ! There is, I think, a world wide frustration with Australia’s response ( or not!) to a pandemic that’s been around for  over 16 months now 

FYI - Minister's response (typical political BS!) to Petition EN2535 (which was signed by more than 70,000 people). Infuriating to say the least.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Ministerial Response" link - https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN2535

3 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

FYI - Minister's response (typical political BS!) to Petition EN2535 (which was signed by more than 70,000 people). Infuriating to say the least.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Ministerial Response" link - https://www.aph.gov.au/e-petitions/petition/EN2535

IMHO the Minister's response is disrespectful and formulaic - it is a typical bureaucratic reply.

The present situation is a consequence of a botched vaccination rollout, and there will - or should be - consequences at the ballot box.

Just not good enough.

Best regards.

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes in UK we are learning to live with the virus ! There is, I think, a world wide frustration with Australia’s response ( or not!) to a pandemic that’s been around for  over 16 months now 

Australia was the envy of the world  at the beginning  of this year. If they hadn’t made such a pig’s ear of the vaccine rollout, it still would be.  Unfortunately they dropped the ball in a big way

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Australia was the envy of the world  at the beginning  of this year. If they hadn’t made such a pig’s ear of the vaccine rollout, it still would be.  Unfortunately they dropped the ball in a big way

Yes three big mistakes - not enough vaccine, failing to make use of the time gained from border closure to fully vaccinate the population and bad messaging about AZ leading to vaccine hesitancy. Australia is where the rest of the world was last year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Onwards!

Best regards.

I totally agree.  Since we arrived in early May there have been 3 lockdowns (in Victoria) for just a tiny handful of cases because of the low vaccination rates and lack of any kind of immunity.  It's hard to believe that the states (other than NSW) will agree to stop lockdowns even when they reach their targets of 70 and 80% of people vaccinated because there is a total obsession here with having zero cases.  In an ideal world that would be a wonderful outcome but it doesn't look like that can ever happen now.  We can only hope that people here will see that countries like the UK and others are now able to open up as a result of their vaccination programmes and that will encourage them to get vaccinated as soon as possible.  There seems to be a lot of negativity here towards AstraZeneca although it has been proved in the real world to be extremely effective.  A large part of the population just appear content to wait for 'something better' to come along.  It is the lack of supply of Pfizer and the mixed messaging around AstraZeneca that seem to be the major factors in the slow rollout but hopefully supplies will be increasing over the next couple of months.  It is frustrating talking to family and friends back home and seeing how life is almost back to normal for them and, having lived through it in the UK for the last 18 months, we now seem to have to live through it all over again here in totally different circumstances but with stricter restrictions.  It's a shame that having done so well at supressing the virus for so long that they couldn't have got the population vaccinated while there were no cases - that would have been a massive win!  

Enjoy your time in the UK Alan and stay safe.  Here's to a brighter, better future for us all!

• Like 3

The UK has had over 130000 deaths compared to less than 1000 in Australia.

In the end that is the comparison that matters and what will be remembered into the future. The slow rollout will be forgotten by Christmas when it is largely completed.

The scar mongering over AZ is something that shocks many.  I’ve said all along,  I completely understand people being worried and wanting to hold on a while, especially when numbers are low. The problem is, vaccines are always to protect against something you may get in the future and if you leave it until that something is on top of you it’s too late.  Still I’ve understood and people have a right to make their decisions.  But…. they should have been given clear facts in order to make those decisions.  They were not.  AZ has been targeted as some kind of poison, the devil not to touch.  The reality is it is a wonderful vaccine with an excellent protection rate.  It also has a very, very tiny change of giving you a clot which can lead to death.  The chances of death is about 1 in a million.   People should have been told that and then they could have made a decision.  Many would have held on but many would have taken it.   In the NSW hospitals there are 175 Covid patients.  168 are unvaccinated and the remaining 7 have only had one dose.  No one in ICU has had the vaccines.  I saw a clip from a doctor there saying Delta is a disease of the unvaccinated and he’s right.   Sadly people are dying there everyday because they were too frightened to get the jab.  On a 1 in a million chance, people are losing their lives.  It has been shouted out as bad and no one under 60 allowed anywhere near it.  Many regardless of age have decided to wait for the ‘better’ jab yet now suddenly AZ is being advertised as a great vaccine, open to any age.  Just turn up at the drive through or at other places, it’s all good.  There’s been no miracle happened with AZ and people still stand that 1 in a million chance of dying from it but suddenly it seems the pennies dropped that the coverage on how ‘bad’ it is has had a terrible effect.  People should have been given the pros and cons from day one, they weren’t.   Even those getting it today will have to wait about 10 weeks for protection.  Deaths are always bad, preventable ones even worse. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Parley said:

The UK has had over 130000 deaths compared to less than 1000 in Australia.

In the end that is the comparison that matters and what will be remembered into the future. The slow rollout will be forgotten by Christmas when it is largely completed.

I hesitate to say this but - so far!! Look at how many countries worldwide are being overwhelmed now by Delta but the deaths are largely not occurring in the vaccinated cases. And are mostly living with the virus now as near normal.  UK is a small densely populated country with over 68 million people. Per capita other countries will have a similar rate - Sweden was high too  as it only has 10 million population. 
Australia wants covid zero - not going to happen and it may  even develop a variant of it’s own if Delta rages unchecked through a badly vaccinated country. The virus will mutate to keep going  it’s also caused a lot of mental problems keeping people in when their families are dying elsewhere 
Pfizer also has its rare side effects - heart inflammation - no one is scaremongering about that! 

UK is starting its third (booster) jabs rollout next month. That will all be done and dusted before Christmas. 

11 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I hesitate to say this but - so far!! Look at how many countries worldwide are being overwhelmed now by Delta but the deaths are largely not occurring in the vaccinated cases. And are mostly living with the virus now as near normal.  UK is a small densely populated country with over 68 million people. Per capita other countries will have a similar rate - Sweden was high too  as it only has 10 million population. 
Australia wants covid zero - not going to happen and it may  even develop a variant of it’s own if Delta rages unchecked through a badly vaccinated country. The virus will mutate to keep going  it’s also caused a lot of mental problems keeping people in when their families are dying elsewhere 
Pfizer also has its rare side effects - heart inflammation - no one is scaremongering about that! 

UK is starting its third (booster) jabs rollout next month. That will all be done and dusted before Christmas. 

Won't happen here because we are having hard lockdowns until the vaccination rate reaches 80% of the population, around Christmas time.

We will get some deaths but very few in comparison. I'd be surprised if there is more than 50 before the year is out.

Edited by Parley

8 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Totally agree and as I now work at a medical centre it is more than frustrating that the vaccine supply is so slow. 

• Like 2

Having lived in Australia now for a few months (and now in my third lockdown), I can confirm that the response to covid here is a real shit-show of political incompetence, weak journalism and an apathetic people. There is no realism or acceptance and the latest four-stage plan to get to 80%+ jabbed is just a pipe dream.

Australia has dug herself into a ‘zero covid’ hole and it will take a paradigm shift across society before she rejoins the rest of the world.

The saddest part for me, is to witness how a once proud nation has been transformed into fragmented and competing groups.

From the perspective of parent visas, it’s hard to see borders fully reopening for a few years.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Parley said:

Won't happen here because we are having hard lockdowns until the vaccination rate reaches 80% of the population, around Christmas time.

We will get some deaths but very few in comparison. I'd be surprised if there is more than 50 before the year is out.

It's more than 4 months to Christmas so it's hard to believe they can continue with a hard lockdown till then and which will be the first state to open up when they do reach that figure? 

I really sincerely hope you're right about the deaths figure but NSW is already into the 30s so I somehow doubt it.....