Guest guest36187

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/06/2021 at 14:05, Lucy Adelaide said:

Hi everyone,

I am going to apply a visa 143 for my parents who are holding visa 173. Can anyone share your experience whether I should send again all documents to support my sponsorship if I am still the sponsor for their visa (173 and now 143)?

And if anyone was requested a health exam again for this visa after taking health exam for visa 173 ? 

Many thanks,

Kind regards 

Hi I applied for 143 onshore after receiving my 173 - At the top of the last page of the applicants form it does say that you will not be required to resubmit any documents either as the applicant or sponsor. The only thing I had to reapply for was Police Clearance Certificate from Australia. 

• Like 1

On 20/07/2021 at 12:31, Marilyn said:

Hi I applied for 143 onshore after receiving my 173 - At the top of the last page of the applicants form it does say that you will not be required to resubmit any documents either as the applicant or sponsor. The only thing I had to reapply for was Police Clearance Certificate from Australia. 

Thank you for the information. I am applying aos and it requires to provide proof of identity in person. It won't a problem normally but now SA in lockdown and my local centrelink is one of the hotspots. I wonder if anyone experiences same and can provide a proof of identity over the phone or online. 

I appreciate if anyone can help me with their phone as well as I couldn't find the phone line for aos purpose.

17 hours ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Thank you for the information. I am applying aos and it requires to provide proof of identity in person. It won't a problem normally but now SA in lockdown and my local centrelink is one of the hotspots. I wonder if anyone experiences same and can provide a proof of identity over the phone or online. 

I appreciate if anyone can help me with their phone as well as I couldn't find the phone line for aos purpose.

My problem was solved

Hello,

I’m just looking some advice about starting the process of applying for the contributory parent visa 143/temporary visa 173. I can see lots of threads about the 143 visa but not the 173. Is there any benefit to applying for the temporary 173 visa first then transferring to the 143 once in Australia. Thanks in advance 🙂

Elizabeth

35 minutes ago, Elizabeth578 said:

Hello,

I’m just looking some advice about starting the process of applying for the contributory parent visa 143/temporary visa 173. I can see lots of threads about the 143 visa but not the 173. Is there any benefit to applying for the temporary 173 visa first then transferring to the 143 once in Australia. Thanks in advance 🙂

Elizabeth

There’s absolutely no point in doing the 173 route! It’s in the same queue as 143, 884 &143 and they’re processed in date order so it will not be actioned any quicker than all those visa already in the queue. You would then have to apply for 143 to become PR. It would therefore take longer and cost more than just going straight for 143. 
Just a bit of a warning - there are well over 60000 already waiting in the queue and the annual cap is 3600 so there’s many,  many years ahead before you’re likely to be granted a visa. 

To 143 visa applicants who applied in 2017: if you knew you had to pay AUD50k and waiting time would be 10 years or more, not 2 or 3 years as clearly mentioned in immigration website at the time you applied, would you still apply? 

1 hour ago, VyVy said:

To 143 visa applicants who applied in 2017: if you knew you had to pay AUD50k and waiting time would be 10 years or more, not 2 or 3 years as clearly mentioned in immigration website at the time you applied, would you still apply? 

Bit of a strange question. Might as well ask people who applied in 2015 when it was 12-18 months and ended up being nearly 4 years whether they would still do it - of course they would ! No one can see the future - we would all be very rich if we could!! Im 4 years now  in queue from 2017 - doubt it will take me another 6 years!! Maybe another 3 years dependant on how many have left the queue due to refusals, deaths, illnesses, dependants now too old or just withdrawn due to no longer wanting to go because children have returned to the home country etc etc or even if whichever government in charge in next few years changed their view on immigration and increased the quota. We all knew how much it would be when we applied as well. What we didn’t know,  was how misleading the website was  Any wait time they quote quite clearly refers to the ones they are currently processing - not new applications! 

I’ve  waited 4 years already  - I’m not throwing that wait time away,  I just get on with my life in the meantime. 

Would you still have applied??

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Of course I would not. And I am sure many others would not too. Info about waiting time in the website is a trap. 

Edited by VyVy

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

If you don’t want to carry on waiting you can always withdraw your application?  

How do you think it's that easy Linda, after paying more than S4k and waiting for 4 years? Many people still rely on info in the website to apply this year. Many still innocently believe they just need to wait 5-6 years. They need to be warned by people who are already in the trap.

21 minutes ago, VyVy said:

Of course I would not. And I am sure many others would not too. Info about waiting time in the website is a trap. 

You think it’s better to never get what you want when you have an option of getting it one day?  The best option for most I’d say is lodge the application, forget about it and get on with your life.  The bad thing is many live their lives around waiting for the visa, they almost put their lives on hold.   Bad idea.  Lodge it, forget it.   

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, VyVy said:

How do you think it's that easy Linda, after paying more than S4k and waiting for 4 years? Many people still rely on info in the website to apply this year. Many still innocently believe they just need to wait 5-6 years. They need to be warned by people who are already in the trap.

They do need to be warned that the timeline isn’t correct (it’s wrong that it’s misleading on the website) but that’s not what you asked.  You asked if people would still apply if they knew it would be 10 years.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VyVy said:

Linda isn't saying it's easy, of course it's a tough decision.  But you only have two choices - wait, or withdraw.  You can make a fuss about it if you like, but the government has the research on its side - parents on parent visas cost Australia thousands of dollars in medical and age care costs, far in excess of the fees paid.They know the average Australian taxpayer would be against increasing that expenditure. 

• Like 1

Just now, VyVy said:

Oh believe me I spend a lot of time telling new would be applicants about the problems and referring them here https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visa-application-numbers/

There are also lots of posts from other members in this forum warning people about the queue  

it’s not easy but the border closure meant none of us could go over anyway unless we had a visa. And yes I haven’t seen my family for three years and it upsets me but I can’t do anything about it so I just get on with my life whilst keeping in touch via various video apps. I’m not wishing my life away when I’ve no idea how much time is left. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

You think it’s better to never get what you want when you have an option of getting it one day?  The best option for most I’d say is lodge the application, forget about it and get on with your life.  The bad thing is many live their lives around waiting for the visa, they almost put their lives on hold.   Bad idea.  Lodge it, forget it.   

Because I have other choice but chose to apply this visa cause I trusted the info I had. Maybe it's different when parent visa is your only choice, or living in Australia is your only choice.

I don't think any of you could simply lodge and forget about it. You've been still collecting news and data, talking about it, discussing about it.

Anyway, just asked to find similarities. Again if I knew I had to wait 10 years, I would 100% sure not apply for that visa. I now think I am trapped but others might not think so. Everyone is different.

43 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Oh believe me I spend a lot of time telling new would be applicants about the problems and referring them here https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visa-application-numbers/

There are also lots of posts from other members in this forum warning people about the queue  

it’s not easy but the border closure meant none of us could go over anyway unless we had a visa. And yes I haven’t seen my family for three years and it upsets me but I can’t do anything about it so I just get on with my life whilst keeping in touch via various video apps. I’m not wishing my life away when I’ve no idea how much time is left. 

I saw your active comments and appreciated Linda. You are a strong and good person.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2021 at 23:12, LindaH27 said:

Bit of a strange question. Might as well ask people who applied in 2015 when it was 12-18 months and ended up being nearly 4 years whether they would still do it - of course they would ! No one can see the future - we would all be very rich if we could!! Im 4 years now  in queue from 2017 - doubt it will take me another 6 years!! Maybe another 3 years dependant on how many have left the queue due to refusals, deaths, illnesses, dependants now too old or just withdrawn due to no longer wanting to go because children have returned to the home country etc etc or even if whichever government in charge in next few years changed their view on immigration and increased the quota. We all knew how much it would be when we applied as well. What we didn’t know,  was how misleading the website was  Any wait time they quote quite clearly refers to the ones they are currently processing - not new applications! 

I’ve  waited 4 years already  - I’m not throwing that wait time away,  I just get on with my life in the meantime. 

Very true Linda. I always read your posts actively. Thanks for sharing your insight and keeping everyone updated.

I have applied for my parents on 30 May 2017 so we should hear next about the same time it seems. 

On 30/07/2021 at 06:16, VyVy said:

I'm with you. I just read a bunch of submissions from the visa enquiry and they all talk about a 4.5 year wait for 143. Even the people in gov discussing whether this is fair or not have either no clue or are refusing to acknowledge that the website is deliberately misleading people, given that actual wait times are currently double that if applying today. 

29 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

I'm with you. I just read a bunch of submissions from the visa enquiry and they all talk about a 4.5 year wait for 143. Even the people in gov discussing whether this is fair or not have either no clue or are refusing to acknowledge that the website is deliberately misleading people, given that actual wait times are currently double that if applying today. 

It’s been misleading people for years.  When we applied in 2015 it said 18-24 months so we planned jobs etc with this in mind.  It took 52 months in the end and thankfully our job was flexible around this

3 hours ago, Ollie1234 said:

Even more than double.  Those applying this year are going to be waiting over ten years.  Even with some declines/withdrawals the numbers in the queue show it’s got to be well in excess of ten years.  Why they can’t get the waiting times right on the website I don’t know.  It wouldn’t be difficult or time consuming to do but it would be the descent thing to do. 

49 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Even more than double.  Those applying this year are going to be waiting over ten years.  Even with some declines/withdrawals the numbers in the queue show it’s got to be well in excess of ten years.  Why they can’t get the waiting times right on the website I don’t know.  It wouldn’t be difficult or time consuming to do but it would be the descent thing to do. 

Their argument is that they cannot predict how long applications might take in the future, so their figure is always based on how long applications are actually taking right now.  Feeble, I know, but it's how all waiting times are stated.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@VyVy @amsaini15 wow ! Two compliments in two  posts. 
Thank you both very much

Indeed, you deserve compliments for your  active and quick contribution with  your deep insights and knowledge w.r.t.  any confusion. No worries... Enjoy the life ..Numbers would change dramatically after Covid Season. Gold bless…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MKrishna said:

Indeed, you deserve compliments for your  active and quick contribution with  your deep insights and knowledge w.r.t.  any confusion. No worries... Enjoy the life ..Numbers would change dramatically after Covid Season. Gold bless…

Aw thank you !