Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Rosiejaq said:

It was showing 18-24 months when we applied in August 2015 and our agents thought this was the processing time as well.  We took 52 months until we got our visas ....we thought they were never coming and the various setbacks were so dispiriting. I just wish everyone that’s waiting a stressfree wait.

Hi! I’ve been watching  your posts for years and really sympathised with all your problems! Now when I think it took you 52 months it almost seems quick!! I’m currently on 47 months (June 2017 application) and the thought that, if I were like you, I could get my grant in another 5 months at 52 months seems unbelievable!! 

Given that May /June 2017 alone had nearly 9000 applications that means at least 2 years to get through those two months. Im looking at possibly at least another  3 years if not more !!!!

• Sad 1

We applied on 30/05/2016, Health examination and police check done in July 2020. AoS paid in Aug2020. An "in progress" notification received on 09/04/2021. We thought we are getting it shortly. Still no news.
I wonder if anyone who applied their visa in MAY 2016 got their visa?
Need some sort of indication as the IMMI indicative wait times are not realistic at all.
THank you

On 04/05/2021 at 11:58, Alan Collett said:

CP visa applications will be processed on the basis of queue dates, rather than visa application dates.

Going forwards the PVC will make reference to the queue dates being processed, rather the month in which the visa application was lodged.

Hope this helps.

Thanks @Alan Collett , but why would the queue date be different to the application date? Is it just a case of, those that are missing supporting docs or haven't completed forms correctly will not be added to the 'queue' until they have done so? Or are there other criteria that could affect your place when reaching assessment for queue date?

21 hours ago, Filiz said:

We applied on 30/05/2016, Health examination and police check done in July 2020. AoS paid in Aug2020. An "in progress" notification received on 09/04/2021. We thought we are getting it shortly. Still no news.
I wonder if anyone who applied their visa in MAY 2016 got their visa?
Need some sort of indication as the IMMI indicative wait times are not realistic at all.
THank you

You had to pay for AOS 8 months ago and they still haven't granted your visa?! 

28 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

You had to pay for AOS 8 months ago and they still haven't granted your visa?! 

The Australian gov said 4500 grants allowed for July 2020- end June 2021. They’ve recently said it now capped at just 3500! There were a lot of May 2016 applicants. The processing has been stuck on May 2026 from (I believe) around September last year ! 

36 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

Thanks @Alan Collett , but why would the queue date be different to the application date? Is it just a case of, those that are missing supporting docs or haven't completed forms correctly will not be added to the 'queue' until they have done so? Or are there other criteria that could affect your place when reaching assessment for queue date?

I think you’re only added to the queue and given a queue date once immi have assessed the application as being valid ie filled in correctly, all supporting documents attached, and all criteria met ( eg balance of family test etc) 

If docs etc are missing them that would prolong the wait further  whilst they wait to receive it and action it. So two people who applied on same date could have different queue dates depending on whether there was a wait for immi to further clarify things. 

Acknowledgment in may 2016

Request Aos & medicle,pcc in March 2020 

Medicle ,pcc done and submitted in March2020

Aos done and submitted in May 2020

Additional documents req June 2020

Everything submitted in June 2020

Again in April 2021 request to submitting pcc( old is expired ) I think one year validity

Now still waiting and very stressed

2 hours ago, Johnson said:

Looks like queuing is moving now.

image.thumb.png.d130c262a6a7e3f6de062ec52ffff697.png

Only one that’s changed for processing that I can see is for 804 and 103 - changed from Sept 2010 to Oct 2010. 173,143, 884 and 864 still on May 2016?

The queue assessment date has  moved to Jul 2018 from June but that’s only to give a queue date, which at the moment seems to be around 3 years later than  application date. . It has no effect on the actual movement towards current processing / granting of visas. 

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Only one that’s changed for processing that I can see is for 804 and 103 - changed from Sept 2010 to Oct 2010. 173,143, 884 and 864 still on May 2016?

The queue assessment date has  moved to Jul 2018 from June but that’s only to give a queue date, which at the moment seems to be around 3 years later than  application date. . It has no effect on the actual movement towards current processing / granting of visas. 

It’s nice to know they are checking applications submitted July 18 and giving a queue date.  I realise there is still a long, long way to go. ☹️ Just hoping we’ve dotted all our I’s and crossed all out T’s. 🤞

The fact that immi are moving to queue dates makes me wonder whether they are finally going to bring back the queue calculator! It’s always previously been available to non CPV parent visas as those were the only ones given queue dates. 
Early  last year it was amended to include CPV  visas as well. It went well - too well I think, as it “crashed”/ was removed for system  maintenance only a few weeks later in May 2020. 

I tried it with my application date of 21 June 2017. It told me there were 22900 in front of me !!😢

Given the small amount of visas actually available these days I’m in for an even longer wait - it will be 4 years next month! 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Agreed, and we know now with contrib visas capped at 3600 this year and take off 125 visas for the Retirement pathway it only really leaves 3475 visas they could grant anyway.  It makes sense why no movement on the May 2016 dates now.  I wonder how many have been doing the switch from the parent queue to contrib visas?

8 hours ago, Sherlock said:

@Johnson - Where is this screenshot from? Could you please share the link/source? Thanks!

This was from the parents mailbox reply you get when you send a test email today. Emai: parents@homeaffairs.gov.au   ...Very useful indeed.

9 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Agreed, and we know now with contrib visas capped at 3600 this year and take off 125 visas for the Retirement pathway it only really leaves 3475 visas they could grant anyway.  It makes sense why no movement on the May 2016 dates now.  I wonder how many have been doing the switch from the parent queue to contrib visas?

Possibly quite a lot given that their processing time has gone to 30 years. It’s also possible that a lot applied for 103 when they were younger and working just to get in the queue, knowing from their queue date that it was going to take time and now they’re retired and maybe have a pension lump sum to put towards the cost of CPV? Plus the knowledge they keep their original lodgement date as well so anyone who applied for 103 with a date before May 2016 will go straight into the top of the CPV  queue. 
Who could blame them to be honest? The option is there to take. Now if we could only do the same and change from 143 to 864 with same date for us oldies,  we would at least be able to spend our waiting time onshore with our families ! 

Edited by LindaH27

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Possibly quite a lot given that their processing time has gone to 30 years. It’s also possible that a lot applied for 103 when they were younger and working just to get in the queue, knowing from their queue date that it was going to take time and now they’re retired and maybe have a pension lump sum to put towards the cost of CPV? Plus the knowledge they keep their original lodgement date as well so anyone who applied for 103 with a date before May 2016 will go straight into the top of the CPV  queue. 
Who could blame them to be honest? The option is there to take. Now if we could only do the same and change from 143 to 864 with same date for us oldies,  we would at least be able to spend our time onshore with our families ! 

Now that's a great option, good thinking.

Hi Team,

Slightly off topic, but say someone has an error in their application and submitted that application in July 2018, what are the waiting times for such a case with 3600 places?

How does that compare for a July 2018 application which has no errors?

3 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Now that's a great option, good thinking.

I’ve never been able to understand why 804 and 864 allow waiting onshore whilst  103 and 143 can’t. Some of us had to apply for 143 just to get in the queue as we were just a bit too young at the time to apply for onshore visas. To be fair,  we should have the same option to transfer from 143 to 864 once we reach the necessary age.   

5 minutes ago, chintu said:

Hi Team,

Slightly off topic, but say someone has an error in their application and submitted that application in July 2018, what are the waiting times for such a case with 3600 places?

How does that compare for a July 2018 application which has no errors?

The one with errors which need actioning will be given a queue date later than the one in perfect condition. They’ll probably add on the time it takes to request the info, wait to receive it and then action it. 

I’m June 2017 applicant so been waiting 4 years next month. There’s 22900 people in front of me as of May 2020 so if they’re only given 3600 grants Ive still got a very long wait of years yet!! 

8 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I’ve never been able to understand why 804 and 864 allow waiting onshore whilst  103 and 143 can’t. Some of us had to apply for 143 just to get in the queue as we were just a bit too young at the time to apply for onshore visas. To be fair,  we should have the same option to transfer from 143 to 864 once we reach the necessary age.   

Linda isn’t the difference only that you had to be onshore to apply for those 2 visas? I know our circumstances changed, but originally when we applied for the 864 visa in February 2017, the expectation was  according to the government website at that time grant would take one year. The aligning of the 864 with the 143 changed this so the There is now an equal waiting time to 143 applicants of the same application date. 

When people we know like us came to Australia in the early 2000’s they either came on the visitors visa, those were most likely to want to join their children, or the retirement visa like us, some came join their families, others like us just to retire here with no family here. There was no suggestion at that time that either route to apply for a parent visa was out of order, and  I think there were far fewer parents applying for either parent visa then,  the wait for people we know who applied for the 804  visa was up to 10 years, I don’t know when it blew out to 30 years.

I won’t comment on whether it’s unfair that those on the 143 visa can’t be onshore to wait, but until Australia opens up its borders from only PR or citizens allowed, there is sadly no chance of that happening.

I sympathise as know first hand that the immigration route is so upsetting and frustrating when the rules change, as it affects our lives but it’s out of our control. 

7 minutes ago, ramot said:

Linda isn’t the difference only that you had to be onshore to apply for those 2 visas? I know our circumstances changed, but originally when we applied for the 864 visa in February 2017, the expectation was  according to the government website at that time grant would take one year. The aligning of the 864 with the 143 changed this so the There is now an equal waiting time to 143 applicants of the same application date. 

When people we know like us came to Australia in the early 2000’s they either came on the visitors visa, those were most likely to want to join their children, or the retirement visa like us, some came join their families, others like us just to retire here with no family here. There was no suggestion at that time that either route to apply for a parent visa was out of order, and  I think there were far fewer parents applying for either parent visa then,  the wait for people we know who applied for the 804  visa was up to 10 years, I don’t know when it blew out to 30 years.

I won’t comment on whether it’s unfair that those on the 143 visa can’t be onshore to wait, but until Australia opens up its borders from only PR or citizens allowed, there is sadly no chance of that happening.

I sympathise as know first hand that the immigration route is so upsetting and frustrating when the rules change, as it affects our lives but it’s out of our control. 

No - being onshore is not the only criteria for 804 and 864! You also have to be of Australian pension age. When I applied I wasn’t old enough to apply for those onshore visas so had to apply for 143. Four years of waiting later i am of the right age but will still have to wait offshore. 

Increasing delays in the processing of parent visas have arguably been foreseeable for years, ever since the Howard Government expanded the skilled visa program and created a relatively automatic pathway to permanent residency for student visa holders.

It's really not rocket science to see that if you grant skilled visas at the rate of 50,000 to 70,000 annually and have a parent visa program running at about 7,000 visa grants a year you'll have an increasing processing time for parents wanting to come to Australia to be with their children and grandchildren.

I'd hazard a guess that most of you that are waiting for parent visas have children who came to Australia since the year 2000.

Unfortunately the powers that be don't see these things with the same clarity.    And so we find ourselves in a situation where subclass 143 processing times blow out from 15 to 18 months to 6+ years. 

Unless there's a real effort made by the Australian Government to get on top of the parent visa program I'm afraid this situation isn't going to get any better any time soon.

Onwards!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

No - being onshore is not the only criteria for 804 and 864! You also have to be of Australian pension age. When I applied I wasn’t old enough to apply for those onshore visas so had to apply for 143. Four years of waiting later i am of the right age but will still have to wait offshore. 

Yes you are right, as we were already eligible it didn’t register. I thought the 870? was introduced to help get more parents onshore while waiting. Clever/unkind  way for the government to get more money out of parents, who wanted to wait out their parent visa waiting time onshore.

1 hour ago, ramot said:

Yes you are right, as we were already eligible it didn’t register. I thought the 870? was introduced to help get more parents onshore while waiting. Clever/unkind  way for the government to get more money out of parents, who wanted to wait out their parent visa waiting time onshore.

Yes the 870 is available. But as the wait time has blown out it makes things more difficult. It’s a further expense on top of what is already an expensive visa.plus the cost of private health insurance which is expensive for older people,  as I’m sure you’re aware - I seem to remember reading that one of the reasons you went for PR was that your health insurance was getting very expensive? Then one 870 is probably not enough for some people.  You have to leave Australia at the end of your first 870, whether it’s a 3 or 5 year one and have to be offshore for 3 months before you can reapply. But you then have to add on processing time - if it’s the same as now that’s another few months. I can’t see it being automatically renewed when you reapply  at the end of 3 months as surely they would need to check the criteria is still valid ie your sponsor still meets the criteria of $84k annual income and whether you need another medical if your health has deteriorated - which is a possibility the older you get! . So you could end up being out of Australia for 6 months or more.  Where do you go then?? I’ve seen posts where people have sold their houses because they anticipate getting their grant after 5 years,  when that’s not going to be possible in a lot of cases. You could also end up paying capital gains tax if you then sell yout UK home after being absent for 3 or 5 years as the principal rate relief you get, (which means you pay no tax on the sale) , only applies if you’ve been living in it.  Plus you may have had the extra hassle/ worry of renting your house out. It’s also a big change in lifestyle for older people to adjust to after spending 5 years in Australia,  to go back home for that length of time.and perhaps worry something will happen and they’re refused a second option. No one knows yet what will happen at the end of an 870 as we haven’t reached that point yet. Then what  happens at the end of a second 5 year 870?? It’s going to take at least 10 years or more for new applicants. You can only stay for a maximum of 10 years on an 870  

The problem with the waiting times is not just the fact that more people have applied,  it’s the fact that the government had reduced the yearly amount of grants from 7000 to supposedly 4500 for the year ending June 2021- they’ve  just reduced those further in thd last couple of weeks to  just 3600!! I’ve no idea what the cap will be from July 2021 but I’m not expecting any increase. 

But people on 804 snd 864 don’t have these extra problems - in fact 804 is very cheap - most people on it will never get their grant due to the extremely long processing times but they can stay onshore all that time. That is costing the government a lot of money in Medicare etc. 864 do make a contribution towards that as do 143 in the cost they pay for the visa - although I’m well aware it’s not really sufficient - and is only paid when the visa is finally granted years down the line  

So tell me again why it’s ok to make older people on 143 remain offshore and pay further big bucks to be with their families for the remaining years of their lives when people who apply onshore just get to stay there? Many of us are widowed with no other family nearby. It’s not rocket science to realise that the young skilled migrants Australia wanted also have parents and those migrants would like to have their parents with them. Believe me I am grateful Australia does offer parent visas as I’m aware it’s difficult in other countries including UK but Australia is a big country with only 25 million or so, unlike many other countries with big populations.

There should be a level Playing field for all parent applicants. I’m waiting to see what happens after the current senate.inquiry into parent visas finishes and a report issued in August. I’m not holding my breath for good news though!

In the current times spouses, partners and children of Australians residents or citizens can get an exemption to enter Australia but not parents because parents are not considered immediate family - I don’t know how much more immediate you can get when you’ve given birth to that Australia citizen/resident!! 

• Sad 1

Does anyone have an idea when immigration department give queue date? I have lodged application in July 2018 and received email today with a queue date of 7 May 2021. Does that my application is assessed and I will be asked to provide proofs/apply for AOS? Or they have just started looking into my application?