Guest guest36187

6 minutes ago, VyVy said:

I applied on 11 October 2017, received an acknowledgement of application received on 28 October 2017. Is 28 October 2017 my queue date? But they also said in the email "Your application has not yet been assessed. We will contact you as soon as your application
has been reviewed and if further information is required". More than 3.5 years and they haven't still access my application? Am I actually in a queue yet?

I don’t think they look at it until your lodgement date is ready to process. They’re currently processing May 2016 applications. You’re in the queue with a queue date of 11 October 2017. 
I applied June 2017 but my acknowledgement wasn’t till sometime in August but my “queue date” is the date of application in June 2017. 

We are in for a very long wait. When the queue calculator ran for a couple of weeks last May before crashing, I put my data of application in and was told there were 22900 people in front of me! Around 9000 people applied in May and  June 2017 alone !! Given that quotas have drastically dropped with Covid it will take many years. Pre Covid levels were around 7000 grants per year but up till June this year they will only grant 3600. 

• Sad 1

Thanks LindaH27. 

Do you think they at least had a quick look to ensure that our applications met all requirement before sending us acknowledgement emails and letting us wait that long? I worry that after nearly a decade waiting, they tell me something wrong with my application. I applied directly, not via any agent btw.

2 minutes ago, VyVy said:

Thanks LindaH27. 

Do you think they at least had a quick look to ensure that our applications met all requirement before sending us acknowledgement emails and letting us wait that long? I worry that after nearly a decade waiting, they tell me something wrong with my application. I applied directly, not via any agent btw.

I don’t really know sorry. They will ask for further information when they come to access it but if anything changes you should let them know. Eg my daughter moved house a year ago so I let them know as obviously she is my sponsor.  I did mine myself as well ! But I think for new applications it may  be better for people to use agents to make sure everything is correct as now it obviously affects the queue date. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, VyVy said:

Thanks LindaH27. 

That's the elevated risk you run by not using an agent who is experienced in managing visa applications of this type..

When you lodge the visa application the Parent Visa Centre will merely check you have met the requirements to lodge a valid via application - ie you've submitted the required forms and paid the 1st visa application charge.

Best regards.

4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

That's the elevated risk you run by not using an agent who is experienced in managing visa applications of this type..

When you lodge the visa application the Parent Visa Centre will merely check you have met the requirements to lodge a valid via application - ie you've submitted the required forms and paid the 1st visa application charge.

Best regards.

I got your point. Just because I have heard some very bad experience my friends had with agents, I decided to do by myself. You sound like a good one though.

• Like 1

To simplify for my slow brain - have I understood correctly:

• If you applied (143) before Oct 2020, you are already in the queue, but would not receive a 'queue date' as such, as the 'queue date' is the application date?
  • If you applied (143) after October 2020, you now need to wait until they look at application and tell you you are in the queue, (which they will do if you have filled out forms correctly)?

Your bullet point are correct but the dates are wrong. It’s June 2018. Anyone before so up to and including 31/5/2018 queue date is application date. Anyone after so 1st June 2018 onwards will have their application assessed and given a queue date. My parents applied 28/6/2018 and just got a queue date of 29/4/21. 

1 hour ago, sandiepops28 said:

Your bullet point are correct but the dates are wrong. It’s June 2018. Anyone before so up to and including 31/5/2018 queue date is application date. Anyone after so 1st June 2018 onwards will have their application assessed and given a queue date. My parents applied 28/6/2018 and just got a queue date of 29/4/21. 

I don't know how the system works really. You applied only 8 month after me, but your queue date is 3 years later? Anyway, at least your application was accessed, mine was not. What a mess! I had no way to communicate with the department recently to clarify some points. They haven't even acknowledged after receiving my address and phone contact update. 

45 minutes ago, VyVy said:

I don't know how the system works really. You applied only 8 month after me, but your queue date is 3 years later? Anyway, at least your application was accessed, mine was not. What a mess! I had no way to communicate with the department recently to clarify some points. They haven't even acknowledged after receiving my address and phone contact update. 

Nobody’s application before October 2020 was accessed prior to actually being processed but immi decided at that point that a queueing system was needed for applications from 1/6/18 onwards as applications had well and truly exceeded supply and demand.

Changes of address etc need to be communicated on form 1022  in the subject line you put  your name, date of birth and your BCC number from your acknowledgment  letter from when you applied for your visa. I didn’t get a personal reply just the generic email they send showing lots of info - including the processing times etc. 
The first few lines are in red to stand out and actually  say 

This email is your confirmation that we received your email and/or your emailed documents and a separate confirmation will not be provided.

Due to the high volume of emails we receive every day, we are unable to respond to progress update enquiries or to enquiries where the requested information is provided in this auto-response.

So now those applications after 1/6/18 will only be processed once immi reach the queue date -which is obviously now much later than the application date!   They are currently processing May 2016 applications  

Edited by LindaH27

29 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Nobody’s application before October 2020 was accessed prior to actually being processed but immi decided at that point that a queueing system was needed for applications from 1/6/18 onwards as applications had well and truly exceeded supply and demand.

Changes of address etc need to be communicated on form 1022  in the subject line you put  your name, date of birth and your BCC number from your acknowledgment  letter from when you applied for your visa. I didn’t get a personal reply just the generic email they send showing lots of info - including the processing times etc. 
The first few lines are in red to stand out and actually  say 

This email is your confirmation that we received your email and/or your emailed documents and a separate confirmation will not be provided.

Due to the high volume of emails we receive every day, we are unable to respond to progress update enquiries or to enquiries where the requested information is provided in this auto-response.

So now those applications after 1/6/18 will only be processed once immi reach the queue date -which is obviously now much later than the application date!   They are currently processing May 2016 applications  

I haven't even received that auto-reply email. 

17 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Maybe you haven't sent your communication/s to the correct email address?

Best regards.

I have always sent to the same email address. For first years they always sent auto-reply and sometimes personally replied my emails. Bad communications only happened from last year.

5 minutes ago, VyVy said:

I have always sent to the same email address. For first years they always sent auto-reply and sometimes personally replied my emails. Bad communications only happened from last year.

Respectfully, it is difficult for any of us to comment meaningfully given we don't have access to your sent emails.

Have you checked your junk folder?

Best regards.

3 hours ago, sandiepops28 said:

Our application date is 18/07/2018 so, hopefully, may be given a queue date soon.  Little things.......

38 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Respectfully, it is difficult for any of us to comment meaningfully given we don't have access to your sent emails.

Have you checked your junk folder?

Best regards.

Of course.

@all: if any of you received auto-reply email or reply from the department recently please share info. Thanks

Edited by VyVy

23 hours ago, VyVy said:

I got your point. Just because I have heard some very bad experience my friends had with agents, I decided to do by myself. You sound like a good one though.

One bad experience doesn’t mean everyone has a bad experience.  Yes you’re right, Alan certainly is one of the good ones. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I had auto reply from there on 1st May! 

Oh, only 2 days ago? 

Much appreciate if you are able to share the whole auto-reply email. I am sure many others also wish to know what they said about processing time ect.

Edited by VyVy

On 03/05/2021 at 10:45, sandiepops28 said:

Thanks for clarification @sandiepops28 What does the queue date actually mean? If waiting times were 3 years when you applied, and you got a queue date of 2021. Does that mean you can expect your visa in 2024? 

26 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

Thanks for clarification @sandiepops28 What does the queue date actually mean? If waiting times were 3 years when you applied, and you got a queue date of 2021. Does that mean you can expect your visa in 2024? 

CP visa applications will be processed on the basis of queue dates, rather than visa application dates.

Going forwards the PVC will make reference to the queue dates being processed, rather the month in which the visa application was lodged.

Hope this helps.

20 hours ago, VyVy said:

Oh, only 2 days ago? 

Much appreciate if you are able to share the whole auto-reply email. I am sure many others also wish to know what they said about processing time ect.

Actually, most of us are receiving the PVC details without a problem.

I checked it yesterday.   Is working fine.

Suggest the problem is with your email inbox ...

Best regards.

2 hours ago, Ollie1234 said:

For me the best example is to look at how non contributory parent visa 103 works. Applicants lodge their application. They are then given a queue date which could be a few months or a year or more later. Their application won’t be considered when immi reach their actual lodgement date  - it will only be considered for processing once it reaches their queue date. At the moment for 103 they’re currently processing 2010 applicants but they probably applied a year or so before that. So a 143 application lodged after 1st June 2018 probably wouldn’t be looked at till immi actually start processing the queue date they were given eg 2021. They are currently processing May 2016. Looking at applications with queue dates they all seem to wait longer eg new non contributory parent visas are now said by immi to take up to 30 years processing. 
It looks as though they have seen the applications increase enormously and wait times grow longer so they have introduced this queuing system so people are aware of the lengthy wait times. 

It would actually help more if realistic processing times were shown on the generic email -  the quoted 58 months seems to apply only to the ones they are currently processing - not the actual wait time for a new  application. Something that gave a lot of us the wrong impression. When I applied June 2017 it was showing as 18-24 months - and next month it will be 4 years since I applied !!

Info  taken from the website gives an example of queue dates etc 

Queue release dates

As at February 2021, we have released for final processing: 

• Contributory Parent visa applications with a queue date up to May 2016
  • Parent visa applications with a queue date up to September 2010
  • Aged Parent visa applications with a queue date up to December 2012

Edited by LindaH27

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

It would actually help more if realistic processing times were shown on the generic email -  the quoted 58 months seems to apply only to the ones they are currently processing - not the actual wait time for a new  application. Something that gave a lot of us the wrong impression. When I applied June 2017 it was showing as 18-24 months - and next month it will be 4 years since I applied !!

It was showing 18-24 months when we applied in August 2015 and our agents thought this was the processing time as well.  We took 52 months until we got our visas ....we thought they were never coming and the various setbacks were so dispiriting. I just wish everyone that’s waiting a stressfree wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1