Guest guest36187

15 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

WELL!

they have stuck to their word and started issuing parent visas to those onshore as from today. 
Got my grant this morning after 5yrs 5days!
Good luck to the others waiting, as at least we know now they saved us a place !

Brilliant news! So pleased for you and best wishes for the future.

• Thanks 1

On 23/12/2020 at 08:58, Pertenhall said:

Please be aware that I have received an email supposedly from Pomsinoz from a supposed subscriber Allenteext which gave a link to a rather vile video.  Not sure how this happened, but hope no one else has had the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

Sorry be stupid, can you explain what this means please? 

It now shows the queue assessment. As previously noted in the forum any application after June 2018 will be assessed before being put into a queue. So they are assessing June 2018 applications now for validity prior to being given a queue date. If it’s anything like 103 ( the non contributory parent visa) the queue date could possibly be two years or so later than the the lodgement date! 

The visa assessment shows the ones they’re currently working on and processing 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

It now shows the queue assessment. As previously noted in the forum any application after June 2018 will be assessed before being put into a queue. So they are assessing June 2018 applications now for validity prior to being given a queue date. If it’s anything like 103 ( the non contributory parent visa) the queue date could possibly be two years or so later than the the lodgement date! 

The visa assessment shows the ones they’re currently working on and processing 

Hi,

Can anyone who has had a valid queue date assessment done tell me about their experience? Did they receive an email or phone call or anything? 

I am only asking because I have applied for 143 in June 2019 and I have received an email from the department with the subject "IMMI Ackn of Valid Application - Post Lodgement".

We applied for the 103 in March 2015. In June 2016 we received an email to say we had passed the initial assessment and were given our queue date of 16-06-2016. It took about another month before we could enter that date in the queue calculator to see roughly how many were in front of us in the queue. I have noticed the queue calculator has been unavailable for a while due to ‘system maintenance’. 

33 minutes ago, Ruth7862 said:

We applied for the 103 in March 2015. In June 2016 we received an email to say we had passed the initial assessment and were given our queue date of 16-06-2016. It took about another month before we could enter that date in the queue calculator to see roughly how many were in front of us in the queue. I have noticed the queue calculator has been unavailable for a while due to ‘system maintenance’. 

They are up to Sept 2010 at the moment so you have got a long way to go . We had a queue date of 24/08/2015 but swopped to 143 last year and received our visa in June . The queue date calculator has been down since they added other parent visas to it and there were obvious errors in the figures .

Yes we might never get to receiving the 103 but it suited us as I’m still in my 50’s and not in a position to emigrate yet in any case so if we decide to swap to the 143 we can time our run to suit. It was coming down nicely before Covid and it just shows best laid plans and all that.

15 minutes ago, Danny2729 said:

I thought you had to be a pensioner for the 103 visa?

No - 103 is the  offshore non contributory version of of contributory 143 for parents of any age. New applications of 103 are expected to take 30 years to Process and you do not get a bridging visa to wait onshore. 

The “aged” parent visas all start with 8 and are onshore applications - so 804 is aged version of 103,  884 is aged version of 173 and 864 is aged version of 143. 

You have to be 66.5 years old from July this year to apply for aged visas. 

5 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

No - 103 is the  offshore non contributory version of of contributory 143 for parents of any age. New applications of 103 are expected to take 30 years to Process and you do not get a bridging visa to wait onshore. 

The “aged” parent visas all start with 8 and are onshore applications - so 804 is aged version of 103,  884 is aged version of 173 and 864 is aged version of 143. 

You have to be 66.5 years old from July this year to apply for aged visas. 

i see, i thought for an awful minute that i had wasted my time going for the 143, if i could have been onshore on a 103. 

Thankyou for the clarification.