Guest guest36187

7 hours ago, Ollie1234 said:

Thanks for sharing. What is the queue assessment date? What does than mean exactly? 

Recent changes from last October.

Applications made before June 2018 have their lodgement date as queue date. But after June 2018 applications will be assessed and if valid will then be given a queue date - which will be later than the lodgement date. Similar to that of 103 and 804. These commonly have a queue date 2 years late than application date ! Whether this will be the case with post June 2018 isn’t clear yet as it only started last October 

Ive attached a screenshot of a post by Alan Collett 

6AFDA79F-249A-472A-A0BF-569D2B390432.thumb.jpeg.d1af23b0188267eadd41f6940ad3d1ea.jpeg

• Like 1

On 15/01/2021 at 16:58, LindaH27 said:

Recent changes from last October.

Applications made before June 2018 have their lodgement date as queue date. But after June 2018 applications will be assessed and if valid will then be given a queue date - which will be later than the lodgement date. Similar to that of 103 and 804. These commonly have a queue date 2 years late than application date ! Whether this will be the case with post June 2018 isn’t clear yet as it only started last October 

Ive attached a screenshot of a post by Alan Collett 

6AFDA79F-249A-472A-A0BF-569D2B390432.thumb.jpeg.d1af23b0188267eadd41f6940ad3d1ea.jpeg

Thanks @LindaH27 Do you know what defines the queue date? Why would a later application get an earlier queue date? 

1 hour ago, Ollie1234 said:

Thanks @LindaH27 Do you know what defines the queue date? Why would a later application get an earlier queue date? 

I think it’s something to do with having everything correct and “ready to go” on the application when it’s assessed. If they have to ask for further info later that would impact on the time obviously. 

20 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I think it’s something to do with having everything correct and “ready to go” on the application when it’s assessed. If they have to ask for further info later that would impact on the time obviously. 

Hi Linda,

I received an "acknowledgment of valid 143 application" email in June 2019.

Does this mean my application could still be invalid? If yes then this is worrying because I have applied for 143 almost 2 years back now.

18 minutes ago, chintu said:

Hi Linda,

I received an "acknowledgment of valid 143 application" email in June 2019.

Does this mean my application could still be invalid? If yes then this is worrying because I have applied for 143 almost 2 years back now.

I’m not saying it’s “invalid” - your acknowledgment itself says it’s valid! I’m saying that if for any reason  they require further information that could impact on how quick it is to get a queue date. It’s only my viewpoint as we haven’t even got to that stage yet where people have been given a queue date as up to 1 June 2018 they’re using the lodgement date as queue date and they are are nowhere near that date yet - they’re still processing May2016! 

Unfortunately due to the numbers in the queue you probably still have around 8-9 years to wait if not more 

In May/June 2017 nearly 9000 applied just in those two months alone. At 4500 a year that’s nearly a two year wait just for those two months!

@Alan Collett posted a list of visa applications by month late last year and I’ve attached it here for you and you can work out how many  are roughly in front of you  - around 40,000 depending when in April you lodged  

BD393659-14EF-42CE-A429-CAA4F95B3EBE.thumb.jpeg.daba7eada4a5b8e705f73645519b3bb3.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorry for posting this note on both threads - but not sure if everybody checks both the threads or not.

Just checking - Has anybody raised these issues (ridiculous wait-times for contributory visas and fake timelines on Govt website ) to any ministers or MPs? I haven't had a chance to go through the whole forum, but just wondering if it has been done before.

I have recently spoken to (and also written to ) a certain MP, and I sincerely hope that they will respond. All I'm hoping for is for them to take cognisance of this problem.

I know how terrible all politicians are, but this issue needs to be raised with them often - otherwise all of us will wait forever, and any Govt will continue to not act on it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Sorry for posting this note on both threads - but not sure if everybody checks both the threads or not.

Just checking - Has anybody raised these issues (ridiculous wait-times for contributory visas and fake timelines on Govt website ) to any ministers or MPs? I haven't had a chance to go through the whole forum, but just wondering if it has been done before.

I have recently spoken to (and also written to ) a certain MP, and I sincerely hope that they will respond. All I'm hoping for is for them to take cognisance of this problem.

I know how terrible all politicians are, but this issue needs to be raised with them often - otherwise all of us will wait forever, and any Govt will continue to not act on it. 

Hey Sherlock,

Who did you raise this with ? Local MLA or local Federal MP? I am happy to raise the same with mine.

1 hour ago, chintu said:

Hey Sherlock,

Who did you raise this with ? Local MLA or local Federal MP? I am happy to raise the same with mine.

A federal MP (who happens to be elected from my constituency) - would be good if you could raise to yours. We need to make more noise.

Edited by Sherlock
Correction
  • Like 1

On 15/01/2021 at 06:41, Anks said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-15/australian-visas-melbourne-liu-family-private-jet-flight-nz/13059766

This is crazy, the government should step up and make some changes to avoid unnecessary travel for parents just to get stamps for their hard earned PR.

Am currently waiting to be booted out onto an unnecessary flight and a waste of hotel,quarantine place all for my visa to come through within minutes of passing through border force in Oz! Julian Hill MP is trying with a private members bill to try to change this rule temporarily for us 🤞

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 2

On 17/01/2021 at 11:33, Sherlock said:

Senator McKim - Greens was helpful a while back. He brought it up for us then he might do again? 

24 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Thats really good news for a lot of people! 

However  even the Guardian  got something wrong  when they wrote at the end of the article 

Parent visas are the next most popular visa type that have such a rule although the numbers of those applying for parent visas are relatively small.

I don’t think many parent applicants think the numbers are small!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

PER626 - GRN - Clear the parent visa backlog within three years and then cap waiting times to twelve months.PDF

Greens party proposal I found online not sure what happened. But Senator. McKim is the one to contact over cuts and Delays 

Going on the response I would think it got shelved. 

Greens  were requesting the non contributory visas 103 and 804 were also cleared quickly and capped at 12 months wait! 

Budget response made a very valid point - 

Everybody  would cancel their 143/864 and go for the very much cheaper  version and flood into Australia and welfare budget would greatly increase too!!

So unless they only change it for contributory it would never happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

Going on the response I would think it got shelved. 

Greens  were requesting the non contributory visas 103 and 804 were also cleared quickly and capped at 12 months wait! 

Budget response made a very valid point - 

Everybody  would cancel their 143/864 and go for the very much cheaper  version and flood into Australia and welfare budget would greatly increase too!!

So unless they only change it for contributory it would never happen. 

Yes I think it did. But he is obviously the person to contact/help I think. 

just to lighten the mood.

We only lodged our 143 last year and having read up and looked on some agent websites the wait looked anything from 18-36 months.

to that end, and only after after our application was accepted, l let a few friends and family know we were in the process, cue lots of emotion etc, I said don’t worry we won’t be going for two or three years and have to sell our house etc, . I did the same with work, told them I am only around for a couple of more years so start planning etc.

Since then I’ve seen 4/5/6 and even 8 years 😂😂😂

may have to row back my leaving party plans!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/10/2020 at 00:20, Gannicus said:

Hi All,

I need some help and advice please. The situation at my part has folded quite weird. Please if someone can advice me;

a) I applied for my parents visa 864  by mid of Oct. They are on 600 visitor visa which is going to expire by end of this month (oct). Now, as of date, I haven't received any updates, neither the acceptance. I am very much concerned about bridging Visa  A as they might become unlawful noncitizens. I am hopeless now despite sending emails and calling immi team several times. What shall I do in this situation ? 

b) What if my parents stay beyond their date of current 600 visa expiry ? Will the department consider my lodging date and backdate the bridging visa A ? Anyone has experienced this before ? 

c) I cannot apply again the visitor visa for them as i will be granted a bridging visa for 600. If i get acceptance in the meanwhile 600 is being processed, I have no idea how the system will react here as bridging visa A for 864 wont be issued? My God this is so confusing for me

Also please if anyone on this forum who has applied 864 and received bridiging visa A , could you please share your time line how and when it was received ? Was the visa bridging received via post (on paper) or via email ? 

Would really appreciate if anyone who can help me with this. Havent got any replies from immi teams or agents too. 

Thanks in advance

(My apologies to everyone for posting this twice in another topic also,  just anxious for seeking advice and help - sorry) 

Hello @Gannicus,

I found this topic from your old post. Was there any update for your parents case at all? May i know if you receive any bridging visa for them at all? I had just make a lodgement and very concerned to fall into similar scenario as yours. Appreciate if you could share any update with me.. 🙏

My parents joined the lengthy 143 (offshore) queue earlier this year. We didn't know about the wait times at the time. I've been looking at the 870 as a way of bridging the gap until they are granted the 143, but seems you can only sponsor one parent? Can anyone confirm whether this is correct? And if so, what are you to do with the other parent?! 

4 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

My parents joined the lengthy 143 (offshore) queue earlier this year. We didn't know about the wait times at the time. I've been looking at the 870 as a way of bridging the gap until they are granted the 143, but seems you can only sponsor one parent? Can anyone confirm whether this is correct? And if so, what are you to do with the other parent?! 

What makes you think this?

Scope of sponsorship

Your household is limited to one sponsorship at a time.

Your sponsorship can cover up to 2 parents per household at a time.

You can sponsor:

• one or both of your parents, or
  • one, or both, of your partner’s parents, or
  • one of your parents and one of your partner’s parents

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/sponsored-parent-temporary-870#About

Best regards.

• Like 1