Guest guest36187

6 hours ago, AlwaysVet said:

We are planning to make our first entry.  The only thing is we cannot fly directly to our final destination.  I understand that if we arrive in Sydney, we are to be quarantined there for 14 days.  Just my curiosity, Can we fly to Melbourne after the quarantine or do we have to go for another quarantine in Melbourne.

You would have to quarantine in Melbourne too, because the state borders are closed due to high covid infections in Sydney.  I'm not even sure if you'd be allowed into Victoria.

There are international flights into Melbourne now, so you would be well advised to wait until you can get a direct flight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

You would have to quarantine in Melbourne too, because the state borders are closed due to high covid infections in Sydney.  I'm not even sure if you'd be allowed into Victoria.

There are international flights into Melbourne now, so you would be well advised to wait until you can get a direct flight.

Thanks Marisa.  Two quarantines!  Not a good time to move.

Hello, first time posting,

You may be aware of previously, but I have noticed that Medicare eligibility have recently been stripped off from 103 and 804 visa holders, and is restricted to only CPV holders.
Although immi still have this showing available for 103 holder on the website,

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/parent-103#About   

2 hours ago, Summer83 said:

Hello, first time posting,

You may be aware of previously, but I have noticed that Medicare eligibility have recently been stripped off from 103 and 804 visa holders, and is restricted to only CPV holders.
Although immi still have this showing available for 103 holder on the website,

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/parent-103#About   

I believe what you are referring to is only for applicants who do not receive reciprocal health care under Medicare.

Only certain countries qualify for this so if  from any other country yes you would probably have to maintain private health insurance until some time (many years later!) you get the grant. 

There are 11 countries where Australia has a reciprocal health agreement  https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/reciprocal-health-care-agreements/when-you-visit-australia

Also as far as I’m aware the only people who can apply for 103 onshore are retirees on a previous 405 or 410 visa and they need to maintain private health insurance until grant of visa. 

804 can be applied for onshore but is only clsssed as temporary visa so then the qualification for reciprocal health cover under Medicare depends whether you belong to one of the countries mentioned above.   

Only my own viewpoint and happy to be corrected if wrong. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I believe what you are referring to is only for applicants who do not receive reciprocal health care under Medicare.

To be strictly correct, it has been stripped for ALL applicants.  However, if you come from a country with a reciprocal agreement, you are able to fall back on that agreement and claim treatment under it instead.

In theory, cover under the reciprocal agreement is more limited - but in practice, it seems to cover most things.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

To be strictly correct, it has been stripped for ALL applicants.  However, if you come from a country with a reciprocal agreement, you are able to fall back on that agreement and claim treatment under it instead.

In theory, cover under the reciprocal agreement is more limited - but in practice, it seems to cover most things.

Is this something new ? I can’t see anything online? However as I’m in UK I was aware  there  was cover under reciprocal  health care. On the immi website for 804 it doesn’t say you need health insurance although it does for 103 but then I always assumed  103  was an offshore visa except for retiree applicants  

"If you’ve applied for a parent visa

You can’t enrol in Medicare if you’ve applied for an 804 or 103 parent visa. You may have some cover under a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement.

You can enrol if either:

• you’ve applied for a contributory parent visa and have a temporary 173 or 884 visa
  • you have a permanent contributory parent visa subclass 143 or 864.

You may be able to enrol if you have a temporary contributory parent visa."

Sorry, I can't change the formatting  so I've changed the colour- This is the link to the page

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-enrol-and-get-started-medicare/enrolling-medicare/if-youre-australian-permanent-resident#a4

Edited by Gemini

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

"If you’ve applied for a parent visa

You can’t enrol in Medicare if you’ve applied for an 804 or 103 parent visa. You may have some cover under a Reciprocal Health Care Agreement.

You can enrol if either:

• you’ve applied for a contributory parent visa and have a temporary 173 or 884 visa
  • you have a permanent contributory parent visa subclass 143 or 864.

You may be able to enrol if you have a temporary contributory parent visa."

Sorry, I can't change the formatting  so I've changed the colour- This is the link to the page

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-enrol-and-get-started-medicare/enrolling-medicare/if-youre-australian-permanent-resident#a4

Reference the 864. visa applicants and Medicare

If you apply for the 864 visa while on either the 405 or the 410 retirement visa you are not entitled to Medicare but must maintain your private health cover. Those were the conditions in place when we applied for the 864 visa from the 410 visa 

Sorry for getting everyone confused, and got to the bottom of it, also thanks Alan for confirming it.
As with 103 or 804 one is not entitled for Medicare during the application period however could only apply for it following the grant of the PR.

And with CPVs would be as per quoted in the above posts.

• Like 1

With the queue calculator still offline and if you managed to record the date of your last check and number of applicants ahead of you. 

You could possibly use the FOI data, ie. number of grant and number of rejection in the below link, to manually estimate number of applicants ahead of yours, hopefully the queue calculator would be put back on shortly. Additional I think from memory one could also send a generic query email to determine the current queue date immi has processed to date    

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/access-and-accountability/freedom-of-information/disclosure-logs/2020

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Summer83 said:

Sorry for getting everyone confused, and got to the bottom of it, also thanks Alan for confirming it.
As with 103 or 804 one is not entitled for Medicare during the application period however could only apply for it following the grant of the PR.

And with CPVs would be as per quoted in the above posts.

I thought it was perfectly clear, it did say visa APPLICANTS not visa HOLDERS.   

7 minutes ago, Summer83 said:

With the queue calculator still offline and if you managed to record the date of your last check and number of applicants ahead of you. 

You could possibly use the FOI data, ie. number of grant and number of rejection in the below link, to manually estimate number of applicants ahead of yours, hopefully the queue calculator would be put back on shortly. Additional I think from memory one could also send a generic query email to determine the current queue date immi has processed to date    

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/access-and-accountability/freedom-of-information/disclosure-logs/2020

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visa-application-numbers/

See the table at this web page for details of the number of applications lodged for each month.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Hello, Happy New Year Everyone,

I am the new member here and been following this thread as non-member for some time. We are from Asian background and my parents have been living with us (me and my brother, both are settled Australia permanent residents) here in Australia for almost a year on FA 600 visitor visa (3 years validity with max of 12 mths stay on each arrival). Their visas do have the 8503 condition and I have just got approval of that being waived to apply new visa on shore as they are about to expire. I am looking to apply subclass 864 CPV, been prepared the Form 47pa and Form 40. Before making a first payment and sending out the application forms with all necessary documents, I have a few questions here. Any suggestion or share experiences are sincerely appreciated.

• Certified true copies - I remember I get it done before at a Pharmacy for my driver licence and passport. But for the immigration evidence purpose, do I necessarily have to get it signed from Lawyer?
  • Acknowledgement Letter - I understand it will be varied upon the postal service due to current COVID situation, but if I use the express post or courier service and let say they take a week to reach to Perth office, how long would they usually take to send out the acknowledgement letter back to us?
  • Bridging Visa - How would they normally inform us for bridging visa arrangement after 864 CPV application? Will that be included in the acknowledgement letter? Or do I have to apply separately for it? My parents' visa are expiring in mid of Feb so I am a bit concerned for the processing time of initial application/ack stage to make sure they remain lawfully residing here in Australia.

Thank you in advance again for everyone's kind interest and response.

Hello Folks!

New to this forum, and absolutely amazed at how helpful everyone is on this forum! 

I'm going through the threads to get as much info as I can, but just a couple of questions -

1 - Seems like there are 2 threads related to Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143. This thread and the other one called "Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)". Should I be using any one of them over the other for any particular reason? Just confused a bit...

2 - Applied for 143 in Nov 2018. What's the realistic timeline that I should expect to reach top of the queue? I know it's very hard to predict, but just some estimation based on your experience would be great.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!

14 hours ago, Summer83 said:

Latest response received today on assessment date for everyone's tracking. 
103 appears to have moved into Sept 2010 having been in Aug for over a year, and most likely all other CPVs may also have moved forward. 

image.png.cc79b4a56b177cc757162f7dca87c1ab.png 

Thanks for sharing. What is the queue assessment date? What does than mean exactly?