Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

6 minutes ago, Paulinha said:

If you go onto Julian Hill MP Facebook page he as just spoke up in parliament for us! Our hero MP at work for us!! 

• Thanks 3

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

12 NOV 20 -2ND VAC REQUEST !

1 minute ago, Kathss56 said:

If you go onto Julian Hill MP Facebook page he as just spoke up in parliament for us! Our hero MP at work for us!! 

https://www.facebook.com/JulianHillMP

Best regards.

• Thanks 3

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Just now, Alan Collett said:

I know have just seen it. brilliant he’s the one we are speaking with on this. 

• Thanks 1

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

I reckon he might be the man to talk with regarding the increasing parent visa backlog as well ...

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

6 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I reckon he might be the man to talk with regarding the increasing parent visa backlog as well ...

Best regards.

I have mentioned this and the reduction to 4500 !! 

• Like 1

Please sign to allow 143 to stay onshore for visa 

http://chng.it/bYL5rRHFnJ

Hi My mum has been requested to leave Australia so as her 143 visa  can be granted. She is a UK citizen and given the current crisis in the UK, we were wondering if flying to another country is possible? Our fear is once she leave australia, not being able to return. My mum has booked a flight for next Tuesday to the UK  but is very hesitant to go. Would appreciate any info,not speculation and only facts. 

15 minutes ago, Emmastephens1988 said:

Hi My mum has been requested to leave Australia so as her 143 visa  can be granted. She is a UK citizen and given the current crisis in the UK, we were wondering if flying to another country is possible? Our fear is once she leave australia, not being able to return. My mum has booked a flight for next Tuesday to the UK  but is very hesitant to go. Would appreciate any info,not speculation and only facts. 

@KathyN has just been to Singapore briefly. Perhaps she can help?.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@KathyN has just been to Singapore briefly. Perhaps she can help?.

I have replied to Emma in the Facebook group but for others' benefit I will repeat the steps here: 

1. Book return flights to Singapore that have a short transit period in Singapore.

2. Advise your case officer and asks them if your tickets look alright for your mum to be granted PR before her flight back to Australia. 

3. Your airline will likely contact you for visa documents that allow your mum to travel outside of Australia (as a temporary visa holder) and permit to come back as a PR. 

4. tell the airline of your situation. They will likely make arrangements with Australian Border Force, provided with your case officer's approval and cooperation, to let your mum go through customs in Singapore, then get granted PR before she boards the plane to Singapore. Otherwise she will not be allowed to depart at all. 

5. Then it is just a matter of keeping herself safe on flights, taking health precautions, etc. As a transfer passenger from Australia who does not go out of immigration clearance to enter Singapore, your mum can stay in the transfer terminal of Changi Airport before she gets on the flight back to Australia. 

6. Quarantine in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

143 lodgement date: 3 March 2020

Visa grant 27 November 2020

Hi 

I'm struggling to find a flight UK to Sydney (or Spain to Sydney), although I can see some Qatar flights that transit Adelaide or Perth.

Does anyone know if you can transit through these internal airports?

Cheers

143 acknowledged 06/04/2016

Requested to complete form 80 and apply for AoS 18/01/2020

Medical carried out (additional tests required😨) 30/01/2020

Police check completed online, passed and is in the post 31/01/2020

AoS application submitted to Centrelink 02/02/2020

Form 80 sent to my agent 04/02/2020

AoS (Assurance of Support) accepted and requested to put down 10k bond

27/02/2020

Requested to pay 2nd VaC  11/11/2020

Visa granted 16/11/2020 waahoo!!

3 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

I'm struggling to find a flight UK to Sydney (or Spain to Sydney), although I can see some Qatar flights that transit Adelaide or Perth.

Cheers

Hi, you must quarantine in the city you arrive in for 14 days, even if you plan to travel elsewhere in Australia. 

• Thanks 1

143 Visa lodged 18.07.18

I need some advice with regards to my parents 143 application - in the check list there is this item "Certified copies of birth certificates of all persons included in
the application" - Can some one please confirm the birth certificates are required just for the applicants (my parents) and not their siblings whose names have been listed as part of the application?

Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

Cheers

you would to read up those places. If you land in Perth as an international arrival , you have to do 2 weeks quarantine there then fly to Sydney 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KathyN said:

I have replied to Emma in the Facebook group but for others' benefit I will repeat the steps here: 

1. Book return flights to Singapore that have a short transit period in Singapore.

2. Advise your case officer and asks them if your tickets look alright for your mum to be granted PR before her flight back to Australia. 

3. Your airline will likely contact you for visa documents that allow your mum to travel outside of Australia (as a temporary visa holder) and permit to come back as a PR. 

4. tell the airline of your situation. They will likely make arrangements with Australian Border Force, provided with your case officer's approval and cooperation, to let your mum go through customs in Singapore, then get granted PR before she boards the plane to Singapore. Otherwise she will not be allowed to depart at all. 

5. Then it is just a matter of keeping herself safe on flights, taking health precautions, etc. As a transfer passenger from Australia who does not go out of immigration clearance to enter Singapore, your mum can stay in the transfer terminal of Changi Airport before she gets on the flight back to Australia. 

Thanks so much KathyN

could you please advise how did you book flight through Flight Centre or Singapore Airlines.

please help..

thank you 

2 hours ago, Samvaz99 said:

Thanks so much KathyN

could you please advise how did you book flight through Flight Centre or Singapore Airlines.

please help..

thank you 

I booked directly through Singapore Airlines.

10 hours ago, sdubagunta said:

I need some advice with regards to my parents 143 application - in the check list there is this item "Certified copies of birth certificates of all persons included in
the application" - Can some one please confirm the birth certificates are required just for the applicants (my parents) and not their siblings whose names have been listed as part of the application?

Thanks in advance.

Birth certificates are needed Just for the applicants 

143 Applied 22nd March 2016 Acknowledged 24th March 2016,

13th January 2020 request for further information

29th January 2020, medicals police checks etc sent to Immi

17th AOS interview and letter received , 19th February AOS paid, 21st February paperwork uploaded and taken into centrelink 

26th March AOS acceptance letter received, (After AOS initially being rejected and a battle with Centrelink!

11th November 2nd VAC request, paid 

12th November Visa grant 

On 01/12/2020 at 16:34, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

Singapore Airlines are flying to Sydney (via Changi) from several UK airports next year - don't know about flights in the immediate future though.  Hopefully, when we get vaccinated, the rules might change with regards to quarantine so it might be worth waiting a few months?

• Thanks 1

143 Lodged 9.5.16 and acknowledged 11.5.16, Further docs (not Form 80) requested 9.3.20, Medicals done 18.3.20, AFP checks, UK police checks, passports sent 25.3.20, AOS acceptance sent 7.5.20, Form 80 requested 20.5.20 and returned 28.5.20. 2nd VAC received and paid 12.11.20. Visa granted 13.11.20!

On 01/12/2020 at 13:44, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

Just written to him, along with McGowen, Alan Trudge and Peter Dutton. 

Time to treat parent as immediate family, be honest about waiting times and stop the crazy flights to nowhere. 

• Like 2

Applied for parents 143 Contrib Offshore: May 2020 (Prior to realising that the queue is not the 4.5 years stated on the gov website!)

51 minutes ago, Ollie1234 said:

Just written to him, along with McGowen, Alan Trudge and Peter Dutton. 

Time to treat parent as immediate family, be honest about waiting times and stop the crazy flights to nowhere. 

I really like McGowan  but not sure he could help. If he does respond let me know and I will also write.

There is a petition on APH asking for parents  to be included, think this is from travel /visitor restrictions. It has been submitted with over 11000 signatures,  awaiting a response from APH 

On 02/12/2020 at 13:10, KathyN said:

I booked directly through Singapore Airlines.

Thank you so much KathyN

On 02/12/2020 at 18:33, Lady Jane said:

Birth certificates are needed Just for the applicants 

Many thanks Lady Jane!

On 02/12/2020 at 01:16, KathyN said:

Thanks for your info! 

However I have contacted Singapore Airlines today and they seems to not knowing anything about this and said this is Embassy’s work :( 

3 hours ago, JeremyNg266 said:

Thanks for your info! 

However I have contacted Singapore Airlines today and they seems to not knowing anything about this and said this is Embassy’s work 😞

That is so odd! I remember I only needed to call them to book a return trip on the phone, then about 2 days before my flights Singapore Airlines in Brisbane emailed me about visa documents.

On 03/12/2020 at 13:59, Kathss56 said:

I really like McGowan  but not sure he could help. If he does respond let me know and I will also write.

There is a petition on APH asking for parents  to be included, think this is from travel /visitor restrictions. It has been submitted with over 11000 signatures,  awaiting a response from APH 

McGowens admins said it was a federal issue and pointed me to peter.dutton.mp@aph.gov.au I have yet to receive a response from Peter Dutton or Alan Trudge. Power in numbers, so if anyone is keen to write please do! 

• Thanks 1

Applied for parents 143 Contrib Offshore: May 2020 (Prior to realising that the queue is not the 4.5 years stated on the gov website!)