Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, JeremyNg266 said:

Thanks for your info! 

However I have contacted Singapore Airlines today and they seems to not knowing anything about this and said this is Embassy’s work 😞

You need to apply for Air travel pass on the Singapore gov website  a couple of weeks before landing, maybe see if you can apply for one of those to allow entry?? I’ve looked at it but not gone through all the form . 

Hi dears!

I completed form 1022 and sent by email to parents@homeaffairs.gov.au but have not received an auto reply email as previously.

How can I check to make sure their acknowledgement for my updated info. Please give me your advice. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Noctis said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if offshore parents' visa 143 processing are on hold? My parent applications were submitted on 15 Jun 2016, still nothing, no sign of hope :(:(:(

I don’t think they are on hold as such but I haven’t seen anyone asked for further documentation recently.  The latest date I’ve seen is 2nd of June 2016 that’s been asked for further docs. Fingers crossed you will hear something in the new year. From memory processing slowed this time last year then in the new year lots were asked for documentation.  
Covid also slowed things down, look at my timeline. 
It’s just a waiting game and not a very nice one 😔

On 07/12/2020 at 12:30, KathyN said:

That is so odd! I remember I only needed to call them to book a return trip on the phone, then about 2 days before my flights Singapore Airlines in Brisbane emailed me about visa documents.

What sort of documents do u need to prepare if u dont mind me asking ? tks !

8 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

It's always been 10 years for CP visa applications ...

Best regards.

Thanks Alan, my daughter said the account matures November 2021 (5 years after it was lodged) so maybe it automatically renews for another five years (or she made a mistake of course).

1 hour ago, Sadge said:

Thanks Alan, my daughter said the account matures November 2021 (5 years after it was lodged) so maybe it automatically renews for another five years (or she made a mistake of course).

Hi yes, mine used to renew every 2.5yrs because that was the term of the account that Commonwealth were using for AOSs at the time. It will just roll over. I was sent a letter each time asking if I wanted to change accounts, which of course you can’t with an AOS, obviously auto created by the bank systems.

Make sure you keep paperwork with the bond number on for when you need to claim it back and keep any address changes up to date with Centrelink and the bank as the bank will write to your daughter when Centrelink tell them they can release the bond. I’m sure you are organised but these small details will mean a smooth return of the money.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Marg said:

For those onshore who have paid 2nd vac, has anyone looked into the possibility of flying into and out of NZ without staying ie transit only, like the Singapore solution but without having to quarantine at the Australian end?

NZ Not yet open to Oz, but they announced they will allow flights from March hopefully! 

Edited by Kathss56

Bitten the bullet and booked return flights to Singapore in January. Very helpful guy from Parent visas rang to say he would facilitate the PR as soon as we passed through Australian departures and sort it out with border force so that we were allowed to board and would get both boarding passes, out and return. Says he has facilitated 4 others who have done this. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marg said:

Bitten the bullet and booked return flights to Singapore in January. Very helpful guy from Parent visas rang to say he would facilitate the PR as soon as we passed through Australian departures and sort it out with border force so that we were allowed to board and would get both boarding passes, out and return. Says he has facilitated 4 others who have done this. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. 

Are you just transiting through Singapore or staying over?
Did you have to fill in an air travel pass for Singapore ? 
thanks

On 19/12/2020 at 14:50, Kathss56 said:

Are you just transiting through Singapore or staying over?
Did you have to fill in an air travel pass for Singapore ? 
thanks

Just transitioning.  Don’t think I have to fill in an ATP if not going out of the airport. 

39 minutes ago, kimboslice said:

Singapore Government have just put this online.

"..........passengers with a travel history to the United Kingdom within the past 14 days, with the exception of Singapore citizens and Singapore permanent residents, will not be allowed to enter or transit through Singapore."

Does this mean your plans have to change yet again?

15 hours ago, kimboslice said:

We are flying with Qatar but not holding my breath now, just waiting for the email to say they are following suit ☹️

We are booked with Qatar too but not till April.  I've been keeping a close eye on them and all their flights have gone from the UK so far so fingers crossed they carry on!  I was thinking about you and how nervous you must be because I know how we feel!  It really is a stressful time!  They may decide we need to be tested before we leave but that seems like a small price to pay in the circumstances.  We're hoping very much that we might get vaccinated before we leave and I'm sure everyone is hoping things improve drastically as the vaccine gets rolled out.  Good luck - I really hope you make it safely on schedule

• Thanks 1

On 23/12/2020 at 15:27, Majhar said:

Hi we applied AOS on 20th Nov yet no response just checking is there a number I can call directly to AOS team to get an update ? 

The many times I've been in contact with Centrelink in April, May and July 2020 to get my AOS application handled I could never speak directly with the AOS team. It was always through the Employment Services phone number 13 28 50. I had to tell my story again everytime to the agent who took my call.

Good luck, you can always try the Complaints number

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning to make our first entry.  The only thing is we cannot fly directly to our final destination.  I understand that if we arrive in Sydney, we are to be quarantined there for 14 days.  Just my curiosity, Can we fly to Melbourne after the quarantine or do we have to go for another quarantine in Melbourne.

Would someone please enlighten me?