Guest guest36187

48 minutes ago, Sky said:

Hi All,

What happens when a primary applicant of 864 Visa dies before the decision on application has been made?  Will the department still consider the secondary applicant even if they don't meet the age requirement of 864.  Primary applicant age 70 and secondary applicant age 63. if someone knows the answer please reply.

In answer to the question in bold - yes, they should.

Best regards.

Hi All,

I need some help and advice please. The situation at my part has folded quite weird. Please if someone can advice me;

a) I applied for my parents visa 864  by mid of Oct. They are on 600 visitor visa which is going to expire by end of this month (oct). Now, as of date, I haven't received any updates, neither the acceptance. I am very much concerned about bridging Visa  A as they might become unlawful noncitizens. I am hopeless now despite sending emails and calling immi team several times. What shall I do in this situation ? 

b) What if my parents stay beyond their date of current 600 visa expiry ? Will the department consider my lodging date and backdate the bridging visa A ? Anyone has experienced this before ? 

c) I cannot apply again the visitor visa for them as i will be granted a bridging visa for 600. If i get acceptance in the meanwhile 600 is being processed, I have no idea how the system will react here as bridging visa A for 864 wont be issued? My God this is so confusing for me

Also please if anyone on this forum who has applied 864 and received bridiging visa A , could you please share your time line how and when it was received ? Was the visa bridging received via post (on paper) or via email ? 

Would really appreciate if anyone who can help me with this. Havent got any replies from immi teams or agents too. 

Thanks in advance

(My apologies to everyone for posting this twice in another topic also,  just anxious for seeking advice and help - sorry) 

On 24/10/2020 at 19:42, SusieRoo said:

Thank you Marilyn. It’s very encouraging to hear how well things are going for you and how quickly your 173 to 143 was processed. Fingers crossed our application gets similar treatment.

These last 12 months have been an eventful to say the least. It started so well with having our new baby granddaughter here over Christmas, we sold our house (without advertising it) and packed up all our chattels. With 600 visas in hand, flights booked for two (plus two dogs). What could go wrong….

Never expected to be homeless at our age, especially in the middle of a pandemic. Very unsettling at the time, but we have been very lucky to have good friend and supportive family. We have even now bought a motorhome and although not living in it fulltime, we are planning on a long road trip though Germany, Switzerland and Italy (Covid permitting).

I’m not taking anything for granted now, but it will be good to have our PR in hand soon and hopefully making the move to Australia sometime in 2021.

Such trying times. If you can do the conversion as soon as you can it just makes it complete. I could still drive with my UK license and was able to have an unexpected medical procedure on an interim Medicare card (fully paid by Medicare). Just the uncertainty with the number of visa allocations dropping so much it’s worthwhile. So saddened to hear how something so joyous is marred by the current situation. Borders opened today so that’s a good sign! Hang in there and just try to continue with good spirits. I’ll keep checking up on you x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps a little off topic but might be relavant for anyone who wasn't expecting to wait for many years for their visa and had planned a visit to Australia!

This petition is for Australian residents/citizens to sign. Currently parents are not considered as immediate family so cannot travel on a tourist visa during the current restrictions!  Expires 4th November 2020!  Website is horrendously slow to the point where it looks like it's crashed so be patient.

6 hours ago, Biggsy said:

Perhaps a little off topic but might be relavant for anyone who wasn't expecting to wait for many years for their visa and had planned a visit to Australia!

This petition is for Australian residents/citizens to sign. Currently parents are not considered as immediate family so cannot travel on a tourist visa during the current restrictions!  Expires 4th November 2020!  Website is horrendously slow to the point where it looks like it's crashed so be patient.

Hi! the link to the petition is missing..

On 25/10/2020 at 14:20, Gannicus said:

Hi All,

I need some help and advice please. The situation at my part has folded quite weird. Please if someone can advice me;

a) I applied for my parents visa 864  by mid of Oct. They are on 600 visitor visa which is going to expire by end of this month (oct). Now, as of date, I haven't received any updates, neither the acceptance. I am very much concerned about bridging Visa  A as they might become unlawful noncitizens. I am hopeless now despite sending emails and calling immi team several times. What shall I do in this situation ? 

b) What if my parents stay beyond their date of current 600 visa expiry ? Will the department consider my lodging date and backdate the bridging visa A ? Anyone has experienced this before ? 

c) I cannot apply again the visitor visa for them as i will be granted a bridging visa for 600. If i get acceptance in the meanwhile 600 is being processed, I have no idea how the system will react here as bridging visa A for 864 wont be issued? My God this is so confusing for me

Also please if anyone on this forum who has applied 864 and received bridiging visa A , could you please share your time line how and when it was received ? Was the visa bridging received via post (on paper) or via email ? 

Would really appreciate if anyone who can help me with this. Havent got any replies from immi teams or agents too. 

Thanks in advance

(My apologies to everyone for posting this twice in another topic also,  just anxious for seeking advice and help - sorry) 

Hi Gannicus,

Did you get the bridging visa?

Hi friends,

finally , got Visa granted yesterday..

Good luck to all .. 

thank you so much to everyone for sharing their experiences..

Really helps to keep the heart up.

Thank you so much to the administrators who created this thread, without this , this particular journey is like walking in the dark.. 

Many thanks to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 8

1 hour ago, Samvaz99 said:

Hi friends,

finally , got Visa granted yesterday..

Good luck to all .. 

thank you so much to everyone for sharing their experiences..

Really helps to keep the heart up.

Thank you so much to the administrators who created this thread, without this , this particular journey is like walking in the dark.. 

Many thanks to everyone.

Congrats....time to party 🎉🎉🎉

• Thanks 1

On 30/10/2020 at 07:53, Biggsy said:

Hi Biggsy,

Have you been requested for further docs? I've heard they're processing early July 2016 applicants now...

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some information on this visa process. My mother- in-law applied for 143 visa in November 2018, she has paid the initial visa cost when applying and now we are just playing the waiting game. She has been sponsored by her son (brother-in-law) and myself and partner (her other son) are currently waiting on our PR visa to come through. Both her children live in Australia with all her grand children and she is by herself in the UK so we are keen to get her here as i am sure everyone is with their family. 

When are we likely to hear anything from the department? what is the processing looking like? We have used a migration agent but because of these dragged out waiting times don't want to pester him when we are still likely to be waiting a few years.

I find this visa the most confusing to follow. I am no stranger to Australian visa processing but all the processes for the 143 and que dates and rule changes have got us confused.

TIA for any help.

3 minutes ago, LaurenUK said:

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some information on this visa process. My mother- in-law applied for 143 visa in November 2018, she has paid the initial visa cost when applying and now we are just playing the waiting game. She has been sponsored by her son (brother-in-law) and myself and partner (her other son) are currently waiting on our PR visa to come through. Both her children live in Australia with all her grand children and she is by herself in the UK so we are keen to get her here as i am sure everyone is with their family. 

When are we likely to hear anything from the department? what is the processing looking like? We have used a migration agent but because of these dragged out waiting times don't want to pester him when we are still likely to be waiting a few years.

I find this visa the most confusing to follow. I am no stranger to Australian visa processing but all the processes for the 143 and que dates and rule changes have got us confused.

TIA for any help.

Communicate with the migration agent - s/he should be across the issues and (IMHO) advising a client what's happening during the visa application is part of the client support process.

Good luck!

Edited by Alan Collett
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

TIA for any help.

You'll have quite a wait yet, but in the meantime your agent should be able to give you a rough timeline - you are paying him so don't be afraid to ask questions!  If you look at previous posters signatures and can find somebody with similar acknowledgment dates etc. that will give you an idea.

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

TIA for any help.

Its best if you look back through earlier posts on here as there’s lots of Information - you will see that it’s likely to be a very long wait. So briefly - 

applications lodged before 1st June 2018 have that date as their queue date for processing. For applications after that they will assess them in date order then assign them a queue date for processing which could possibly add another two years or so to the wait. 

At present there are 60,000 waiting in the queue -  all of us  with similar stories to yours. The cap has recently been reduced to just 4500 per year so you can see it will take a long time. 

Your agent should be able to tell you all these details - after all that’s what you are paying him/her for!!

1 hour ago, LaurenUK said:

Just looking for some information on this visa process. My mother- in-law applied for 143 visa in November 2018...

When are we likely to hear anything from the department? what is the processing looking like? We have used a migration agent but because of these dragged out waiting times don't want to pester him

You paid him to provide a service, so you are entitled to pester him.  He should be able to give you an estimate of the time remaining.   You probably have another 5 or 6 years to wait.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LaurenUK said:

Hi everyone,

TIA for any help.

I have to agree that the parent visa process can be very confusing. But this forum is a goldmine of information and don’t be shy about asking any questions here.

Sadly your mother-in-law’s visa is unlikely to be granted before 2028. There are temporary visas (600 and 870) she could obtain to allow her to spend some time with you in the interim years. Also, dependant on her age, it may be worth considering switching to an onshore 804 visa application with bridging visa, which is about $50,000 cheaper and gets her there quickly (But has downsides).

As others have said, you are best seeking professional counsel from your agent.

6 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

Hi Biggsy,

Have you been requested for further docs? I've heard they're processing early July 2016 applicants now...

Not heard anything, to be honest I'm not not expecting to hear anything for some months yet. 

Where did you hear something about processing July 2016 applicants?