Guest guest36187

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Alan Collett It may also have a possible effect on 870 if the wait time exceeds the maximum 10 years allowed on 870 applications?

Would be very hard to have to leave after living there for 10 years!!  

Absolutely.

Of course the political judgement call that will be required at that time arguably isn't a concern of the present Minister/Government ...

Best regards.

6 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@Alan Collett It may also have a possible effect on 870 if the wait time exceeds the maximum 10 years allowed on 870 applications?

Would be very hard to have to leave after living there for 10 years!!  

Also the 3 months wait time before you apply for your next 5 years + the processing time at that time for 870 visas -> I think there'll be a gap of at least a year between those 2 sets of 5 years. It's just 1 long never ending tunnel ;(

Edited by Arti

On 20/10/2020 at 05:40, BargeUK said:

Congratulations to both of you!  At least it shows they are still doing some processing - they haven't just locked all our files in a desk and thrown away the key!  Best wishes to you both for the future.....

Thanks Mate!

On 14/10/2020 at 07:21, SusieRoo said:

2nd vac request received today… wooooohoooo!!!

I keep popping in here to see your progress as we kind of went this journey together and am so pleased to see this wonderful news. I am truly so happy for you can’t wait to see your signature having your flight date

Edited by Marilyn

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

I keep popping in here to see your progress as we kind of went this journey together and am so pleased to see this wonderful news. I am truly so happy for you can’t wait to see your signature having your flight date

Thank you Marilyn. It’s very encouraging to hear how well things are going for you and how quickly your 173 to 143 was processed. Fingers crossed our application gets similar treatment.

These last 12 months have been an eventful to say the least. It started so well with having our new baby granddaughter here over Christmas, we sold our house (without advertising it) and packed up all our chattels. With 600 visas in hand, flights booked for two (plus two dogs). What could go wrong….

Never expected to be homeless at our age, especially in the middle of a pandemic. Very unsettling at the time, but we have been very lucky to have good friend and supportive family. We have even now bought a motorhome and although not living in it fulltime, we are planning on a long road trip though Germany, Switzerland and Italy (Covid permitting).

I’m not taking anything for granted now, but it will be good to have our PR in hand soon and hopefully making the move to Australia sometime in 2021.

Edited by SusieRoo

5 hours ago, Qflyer said:

How do I find out what the queue date is for my parents' 143- short of calling up? I believe I only have a lodgement date (that up till now have mistakenly believed it's the same thing as the queue date).

I wouldn’t bother ringing up as it’s unlikely you’ll get a true answer. Your parents probably have in excess of another three years to wait so you’re better off just getting on with life and at some point in the future that long awaited email will appear. You’ll be able to see on here when it’s getting closer too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I wouldn’t bother ringing up as it’s unlikely you’ll get a true answer. Your parents probably have in excess of another three years to wait so you’re better off just getting on with life and at some point in the future that long awaited email will appear. You’ll be able to see on here when it’s getting closer too. 

I just started a part-time MBA and am planning to go on exchange to the US in 2023, assuming COVID gets sorted by then (and 2023 is looking aspirational at this stage given the flipping thing doesn't look like it's even peaked). Whilst I certainly hope for an optimal outcome and can't wait to have them in Oz, I'm kind of hoping to not have to bother with all the paperwork during the 3-4 months I'm away haha, as I'll be away in a third country! Sod's law etc.

Edited by Qflyer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Qflyer said:

I just started a part-time MBA and am planning to go on exchange to the US in 2023, assuming COVID gets sorted by then (and 2023 is looking aspirational at this stage given the flipping thing doesn't look like it's even peaked). Whilst I certainly hope for an optimal outcome and can't wait to have them in Oz, I'm kind of hoping to not have to bother with all the paperwork during the 3-4 months I'm away haha, as I'll be away in a third country! Sod's law etc.

That sounds exciting, hope it happens for you. But yes I suspect the minute your plane takes off the emails for more information etc will start to flow. Always the way! Good luck with your course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qflyer said:

Actually I think you might still be waiting by then, sorry! . I’m June 2017 and in the brief two week period (End May -early June2020 ) that the queue calculator was online,  it said I had 22900 people in front of me! And May/June 2017  alone had nearly 9000 applications for parents  visas - and that’s just 143, the queue also includes 173, 884 &  864. 

Unless there’s a drastic increase in the amount of visas allowed,  its going to take a long time - those 9000 applicants In May/June 2017 will take a long time to work through. 

I do hope you get on your course and do well - good luck! And patience !!

Edited by LindaH27
Changed 804 to 884
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Actually I think you might still be waiting by then, sorry! . I’m June 2017 and in the brief two week period (End May -early June2020 ) that the queue calculator was online,  it said I had 22900 people in front of me! And May/June 2017  alone had nearly 9000 applications for parents  visas - and that’s just 143, the queue also includes 173, 884 &  864. 

Unless there’s a drastic increase in the amount of visas allowed,  its going to take a long time - those 9000 applicants In May/June 2017 will take a long time to work through. 

I do hope you get on your course and do well - good luck! And patience !!

It is confusing, 9000 applicants are in MAY-JUNE2016  or 2017?! 

19 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Thank you Marilyn. It’s very encouraging to hear how well things are going for you and how quickly your 173 to 143 was processed. Fingers crossed our application gets similar treatment.

These last 12 months have been an eventful to say the least. It started so well with having our new baby granddaughter here over Christmas, we sold our house (without advertising it) and packed up all our chattels. With 600 visas in hand, flights booked for two (plus two dogs). What could go wrong….

Never expected to be homeless at our age, especially in the middle of a pandemic. Very unsettling at the time, but we have been very lucky to have good friend and supportive family. We have even now bought a motorhome and although not living in it fulltime, we are planning on a long road trip though Germany, Switzerland and Italy (Covid permitting).

I’m not taking anything for granted now, but it will be good to have our PR in hand soon and hopefully making the move to Australia sometime in 2021.

Just checked in to see how everyone is doing and so pleased for you SusieRoo some progress at last, I hope you manage to travel in Europe - safely and hope you will soon be in Australia with family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Arashtinbenmik said:

It is confusing, 9000 applicants are in MAY-JUNE2016  or 2017?! 

As I said in the post 

And May/June 2017  alone had nearly 9000 applications forparents  visas - and that’s just 143, the queue alsoincludes 173, 884 &  864. 

and

- those 9000 applicants In May/June 2017 will take a longtime to work through. 

I didn’t mention 2016 at all !! 

Edited by LindaH27

Hi All,

What happens when a primary applicant of 864 Visa dies before the decision on application has been made?  Will the department still consider the secondary applicant even if they don't meet the age requirement of 864.  Primary applicant age 70 and secondary applicant age 63. if someone knows the answer please reply.