Guest guest36187

20 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

Queue Assessment for the 143/864 and 173/884 always used to say N/A in the Auto Response email up until as recently as 7th October 2019!  I wonder if it was something new introduced to filter out applicants who have no chance of ever being succesful.  However, we may never find out!

image.thumb.png.e578295ed32ed7a09b4c976f69f163ad.png

We can have a guess based on this-!

Possibly queue assessment which may be like that for 103 - unfortunately that particular assessment always ended up with a queue date a couple of years later thereby adding to the wait time !! 

And migration report for year ending June 2020 saw the refusal rate jump from 6% to 18% - coincidence??

81CA4105-D3F9-40C7-8805-16F0D4BFF019.png

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

We can have a guess based on this-!

Possibly queue assessment which may be like that for 103 - unfortunately that particular assessment always ended up with a queue date a couple of years later thereby adding to the wait time !! 

And migration report for year ending June 2020 saw the refusal rate jump from 6% to 18% - coincidence??

Yes it's interesting, I just saw another table like the one I just posted but from January 2019.  For all the CPVs the queue assessment dates were exactly the same as the visa assessment dates.  Doesn't look like they were carrying out queue assessments at that point.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/glossary#capping-and-queueing

All Contributory Parent visa applications lodged before 1 June 2018 have been given a queue date of the application lodgement date and applications lodged on or after 1 June 2018 will be assessed and given a queue date when it meets the initial visa criteria.

Best regards.

• Thanks 3

From today's auto response out of the PVC ...

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143) + Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) + Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

30 Sep 2020

Queue Assessment

N/A

Lodged Jun 2018

Lodged Jun 2018

Lodged Jan 2019

Visa Assessment

Lodged Sep 2020

Lodged May 2016

Lodged May 2016

Date Queued Aug 2010

3 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

From today's auto response out of the PVC ...

Temporary to Permanent

Contributory Parent (143) + Contributory Aged Parent (864)*

Contributory Parent (Temp) (173) + Contributory Aged Parent (Temp) (884)*

Parent (103) + Aged Parent (804)**

Acknowledge New Application

30 Sep 2020

Queue Assessment

N/A

Lodged Jun 2018

Lodged Jun 2018

Lodged Jan 2019

Visa Assessment

Lodged Sep 2020

Lodged May 2016

Lodged May 2016

Date Queued Aug 2010

I’ve literally just done  the same just now!!  So .... will this mean longer wait times like 103 queue assessments,  in your opinion @Alan Collett

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

I’ve literally just done  the same just now!!  So .... will this mean longer wait times like 103 queue assessments,  in your opinion @Alan Collett

Based on the stats I've seen (have you seen my blog post on the Go Matilda Parents visa website) I'm presently seeing waiting times for new subclass 143/173/864/884 applicants of several years.

It is important to also note that the queue date will be key, and going forwards it is this date rather than the visa application date that will determine how quickly one of these visa applications is assessed.

So an application lodged in June 2018 with a queue date in April 2021 will in future be assessed later than a Sept 2018 application with a queue date of Feb 2021.

=>  The need to address health and character tests quickly when requested at the queuing stage will give applicants a chance to bump themselves up the pecking order.

Of course the timeline is presently unknown for when an initial request for health and character tests will be forthcoming - how long will the PVC allow before moving onto issuing requests for the next month of applications?

If its not too much of a self promotion the need for an informed advisor who is across what's happening with the parent visa program might lop a significant amount off the total visa application processing time, and hence secure a visa grant sooner than a less informed parent visa applicant.

In other words, having police clearances ready and waiting to be submitted before they are requested and arranging the medical examination immediately upon request are likely to give applicants opportunities to jump up the queue.

I know that we have a schedule that monitors dates of requests for health and character checks so we can make enquiry of the PVC when a client's application appears to have stalled.    It does happen.

Best regards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Based on the stats I've seen (have you seen my blog post on the Go Matilda Parents visa website) I'm presently seeing waiting times for new subclass 143/173/864/884 applicants of several years.

It is important to also note that the queue date will be key, and going forwards it is this date rather than the visa application date that will determine how quickly one of these visa applications is assessed.

So an application lodged in June 2018 with a queue date in April 2021 will in future be assessed later than a Sept 2018 application with a queue date of Feb 2021.

=>  The need to address health and character tests quickly when requested at the queuing stage will give applicants a chance to bump themselves up the pecking order.

Of course the timeline is presently unknown for when an initial request for health and character tests will be forthcoming - how long will the PVC allow before moving onto issuing requests for the next month of applications?

If its not too much of a self promotion the need for an informed advisor who is across what's happening with the parent visa program might lop a significant amount off the total visa application processing time, and hence secure a visa grant sooner than a less informed parent visa applicant.

In other words, having police clearances ready and waiting to be submitted before they are requested and arranging the medical examination immediately upon request are likely to give applicants opportunities to jump up the queue.

I know that we have a schedule that monitors dates of requests for health and character checks so we can make enquiry of the PVC when a client's application appears to have stalled.    It does happen.

Best regards.

Thank you for such a concise and informative post! 

Yes I have actually read many posts on your blog! Are we allowed to quote from them at all? 

I’m actually now feeling very grateful that I applied June 2017 - at least I know that’s my “queue date “ as it were! Even if it does look like I will be waiting  another 3-4 years after waiting 3 plus already 😔 

14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I personally don't think those lodged from June 2018 would wait even longer. Lets say those lodged in June 2018 ppl are being contacted now and will finish their initial assessment around 02/2021 and given 02/2021 as queue date. But there are no one queued from 01/06/18 onwards to now. So they would still be the next in line after those lodged in May 2018

Just now, hmn141905 said:

I personally don't think those lodged from June 2018 would wait even longer. Lets say those lodged in June 2018 ppl are being contacted now and will finish their initial assessment around 02/2021 and given 02/2021 as queue date. But there are no one queued from 01/06/18 onwards to now. So they would still be the next in line after those lodged in May 2018

See Alan’s post just above 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Thank you for such a concise and informative post! 

Yes I have actually read many posts on your blog! Are we allowed to quote from them at all? 

I’m actually now feeling very grateful that I applied June 2017 - at least I know that’s my “queue date “ as it were! Even if it does look like I will be waiting  another 3-4 years after waiting 3 plus already 😔 

So long as you cite the source - feel free!  

But please also check the forum rules, as I know some have concerns about me hogging the limelight!

Best regards.

4 minutes ago, hmn141905 said:

Once all of those with June 2018 queue dates have been processed - these will be processed based on the date of the visa application - the queue date will decide who gets processed first.

I've seen this with the non Contributory subclass 804s and 103s, where the queue date is the reference date for the subsequent processing of visa applications.

It's a change subclass 143 visa applicants need to get their heads around.

Best regards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hmn141905 said:

Yes they need to be quick in completing and returning all to PVC. But they would be still next in line after May 2018 if they're quick

See my post above.

If you're still not clear and want a 143 visa application processed as quickly as possible its time to instruct an advisor.

Best regards.

18 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

I am a little confused, re the third paragraph. does this mean that if you lodged your visa in May 18 you are now at the back of the queue?

14 minutes ago, Danny2729 said:

I am a little confused, re the third paragraph. does this mean that if you lodged your visa in May 18 you are now at the back of the queue?

No you’re ok. It’s applications lodged after 1 June 2018 That will have to be queued and may wait longer. 

8 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

See my post above.

If you're still not clear and want a 143 visa application processed as quickly as possible its time to instruct an advisor.

Best regards.

Loll Alan its you who don't understand me. My apologies if I was not clear enough, English isn't my mother tongue. Alright lets try again. 

Those people lodged up to 31/05/18, their lodgement date is their queue date, correct? Those people lodged from 1 June 2018 are being processed right now for queue date. Lets say out of the lot from 06/18 the 1st person who finish AOS, return all docs on 01/02/21. This 1st one would be given 01/02/21 as queue date. 

So eventhough this person's queue date is 01/02/21, but there are no one queue in between from 06/18 to 01/21 so this person would still be next after those lodged in 05/18.

So in my logics, queue dates are like this: 04/18, 05/18, 02/21 (whenever those in 06/18 get queued), 03/21

51 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

SO informative! Thank YOU! Though a little bummed that we applied after June 2018. Nonetheless feels good to have some clarity atleast!

3 minutes ago, Danny2729 said:

Thankyou Linda, i was beginning to think i had got it all wrong and should have applied a month or so later than i did..

Dan

No worries -  at least yours hasn’t  been put  back even further than it already has - unless they Reduce the number available every year like they’ve just done !!