Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

4 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

I’m sure that it’s already been mentioned on here that someone asked immigration if they could have their 143 visa issued whilst they were onshore as they didn’t want to leave Australia to activate it because of COVID and we’re told no. The conditions/law of the visa cannot be changed and you must be offshore for the 143 to be issued. 

Hi,

I'm not talking about granting visa. May be he will be asked to leave later as well, we don't know yet. What bugger me is he was contacted to do provide further information, to do AoS, medicals, etc only 28 months after lodging. Here I am already waiting 43 months. And those people lodged in July 2016 already waited 51 months

Edited by hmn141905
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

My concern is  more because it’s a  2018 143 application.  

There are thousands of 864 Aged Parents applicants already legally waiting onshore for their visa with dates before this one. 

It’s got to be hard for them if a more recent 143 jumps the queue because they’re Prioritising onshore because they are as well - legally. 

The only reason I can think of is to keep this applicant legal - but there are probably thousands in that position due to  the border closure. 

Those families in Australia waiting for their parents might  perhaps think of approaching their local MP or the media to have this position clarified. 

Almost three and a half thousand 864 visa applicants according to Alan Collett’s post.

On 15/10/2020 at 20:57, hmn141905 said:

Hey everyone, someone on a forum I follow said he was contacted today to provide further docs, AoS, etc. The thing is he lodged 143 on 06/2018. How is this possible? He said its not switching from 173 -> 143. It was a straight 143 application

20201015_215442.jpg

My Parents are also onshore on 600.  We applied 173 in 2016. We were never asked for further documents. Still waiting.

173 visa Lodged 30/11/16

Acknowledgement- 4/12/16

Waiting to hear from immi

7 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

Hi,

I'm not talking about granting visa. May be he will be asked to leave later as well, we don't know yet. What bugger me is he was contacted to do provide further information, to do AoS, medicals, etc only 28 months after lodging. Here I am already waiting 43 months. And those people lodged in July 2016 already waited 51 months

This is possibly a delegate error, and I'd not be relying on this as being indicative of the applicant jumping the queue.

Indeed, if this request is a precursor to the application being queued I would be reverting to the PVC seeking confirmation of the request.

Best regards,

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

On 15/10/2020 at 23:58, hmn141905 said:

This is the complete page he uploaded. I cropped out initially as I thought it wasn't my information to share. He said there're other documents in regards to police clearance, health examination, etc but he didn't share those. Any thoughts?

FB_IMG_1602759019187.jpg

As noted above, this seems to be an error on the part of the PVC delegate.

Revert to the PVC and ask for confirmation that an AoS is indeed to be progressed.

Ditto the health and character request.

Best regards.

As an aside, it occurs to me that if the Department has started to assess whether initial visa requirements are met prior to queuing this might explain the jump in the parent visa refusal rate - see page 51 in the 2019-20 Migration Program Outcomes Report.

Best regards.

report-migration-program-2019-20(2).pdf

30 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

As noted above, this seems to be an error on the part of the PVC delegate.

Revert to the PVC and ask for confirmation that an AoS is indeed to be progressed.

Ditto the health and character request.

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

This is not from me, just a random guy on a forum I follow. He's astonished upon receiving the email from PVC. I can't contact PVC to query, can I?

Even if this is a precursor to the application being queued, request for AoS now is weird right? He was also requested for Police Clearance and medical check, which I can understand. But requesting for AoS this early means gov gets to keep the money 2-3 years longer.

Alan, have any of your 143 clients lodged in 2018 experienced the same?

12 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

Hi,

Yes its very unfair, my comment was in response to a comment further up about maybe Immi were prioritising onshore applications.  It’s probably a CO error. Let’s see what happens.

143 Applied 22nd March 2016 Acknowledged 24th March 2016,

13th January 2020 request for further information

29th January 2020, medicals police checks etc sent to Immi

17th AOS interview and letter received , 19th February AOS paid, 21st February paperwork uploaded and taken into centrelink 

26th March AOS acceptance letter received, (After AOS initially being rejected and a battle with Centrelink!)

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

• Like 1

17th AOS interview and letter received , 19th February AOS paid, 21st February paperwork uploaded and taken into centrelink 

26th March AOS acceptance letter received, (After AOS initially being rejected and a battle with Centrelink!)

• Haha 1

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

On 17/10/2020 at 15:04, Alan Collett said:

This is possibly a delegate error, and I'd not be relying on this as being indicative of the applicant jumping the queue.

Indeed, if this request is a precursor to the application being queued I would be reverting to the PVC seeking confirmation of the request.

Best regards,

Hi Alan,

As a registered migration agent, any chance you could contact PVC to enquire/confirm this?

Thanks!

24 minutes ago, hmn141905 said:

May be this is the explanation guys!! Queue assessment June 2018

FB_IMG_1603098529820.jpg

This is exactly what I posted earlier - that it might be to do  with being assessed for queueing. 

howrver other posters have also explained that the letter Is identical to the ones they had when being asked for 2nd Vac.  

143 lodged 21 June 2017

Hi Guys,

Finally got 2nd VAC request today,

acknowledged 29/01/2016.

Good luck.. to all of us..

• Congratulations 10

3 minutes ago, Samvaz99 said:

Hi Guys,

acknowledged 29/01/2016.

Great news and congratulations 

Edited by Lady Jane
Added more

After 4 years and 7 months our 173 visas were granted today!!!! (Just a shame we can’t travel on them yet)

• Congratulations 11

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

Documents submitted / medicals completed – May 2020

2nd VAC payment - October 2020

173 Visa granted - October 2020

1 hour ago, Samvaz99 said:

Hi Guys,

acknowledged 29/01/2016.

Are you onshore or offshore? @Samvaz99

9 hours ago, Samvaz99 said:

Hi Guys,

acknowledged 29/01/2016.

9 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

After 4 years and 7 months our 173 visas were granted today!!!! (Just a shame we can’t travel on them yet)

Congratulations to both of you!  At least it shows they are still doing some processing - they haven't just locked all our files in a desk and thrown away the key!  Best wishes to you both for the future.....

143 Lodged 9.5.16 and acknowledged 11.5.16, Further docs (not Form 80) requested 9.3.20, Medicals done 18.3.20, AFP checks, UK police checks, passports sent 25.3.20, AOS acceptance sent 7.5.20, Form 80 requested 20.5.20 and returned 28.5.20.

14 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

May be this is the explanation guys!! Queue assessment June 2018

FB_IMG_1603098529820.jpg

Dont think this would be the case as even in queue assessment they wont ask for AoS to be lodged. This is more of asking for further docs which many of the applicants in mid 2016 and 2017 are not been asked for.

CPV 143 Applied on 05/07/2017

Acknowledged on 16/09/2017

15 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

Hi Alan,

As a registered migration agent, any chance you could contact PVC to enquire/confirm this?

Thanks!

The visa applicant or his/her agent will have to do this.

Best regards.

7 minutes ago, Anks said:

Dont think this would be the case as even in queue assessment they wont ask for AoS to be lodged. This is more of asking for further docs which many of the applicants in mid 2016 and 2017 are not been asked for.

My guessing is they only requested for AoS but won't ask him to lodge the bank guarantee. As the visa requirement is that you must have an assurer. So PVC just wants to know his assurer is eligible?

Just my 2c!

7 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

My guessing is they only requested for AoS but won't ask him to lodge the bank guarantee. As the visa requirement is that you must have an assurer. So PVC just wants to know his assurer is eligible?

Just my 2c!

Assurer eligibility today doesn't guarantee eligibility at the time of grant (atleast 5 years from now if queue followed)

143 acknowledgement 16th July 2018

16 minutes ago, Arti said:

Assurer eligibility today doesn't guarantee eligibility at the time of grant (atleast 5 years from now if queue followed)

The same can be said for medical check. You passed medical check today doesn't guarantee you would pass in 5 years time. Or you have clear crimical record today, but you could still commit crime in nedt 5 years.

Anyway, you lodged your 143 in July 2018, you'll be able to tell us then? 😀😀