Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/parent-visa-processing-timelines-the-gory-details/

Might be of interest to some - following receipt of information from the Department ...

Best regards.

Great info Alan. Any idea about recent announcement where they said onshore applicants will be prioritied. 

Does that mean they will not process 143 applications anymore this year? 

10 minutes ago, hmn141905 said:

Hey everyone, someone on a forum I follow said he was contacted today to provide further docs, AoS, etc. The thing is he lodged 143 on 06/2018. How is this possible? He said its not switching from 173 -> 143. It was a straight 143 application

20201015_215442.jpg

Did they previously apply for 103 few years ago? I know few people moving from 103 to 143 after 4 or 5 years get a priority over fresh 143 applications.

10 minutes ago, Guru81 said:

Did they previously apply for 103 few years ago? I know few people moving from 103 to 143 after 4 or 5 years get a priority over fresh 143 applications.

No. He said it was a straight 143, not switching from anything. I find this so unbelievable, like winning the division 1 lottory

Just now, hmn141905 said:

No. He said it was a straight 143, not switching from anything. I find this so unbelievable, like winning the division 1 lottory

Yes, we have applied in Aug 2016 and havent heard anything back. If you ask me then it feels like a jackpot. Good for them.

Lets see if someone else have any other idea on this.

10 minutes ago, Guru81 said:

Yes, we have applied in Aug 2016 and havent heard anything back. If you ask me then it feels like a jackpot. Good for them.

Lets see if someone else have any other idea on this.

May be CO accidently placed his application in 2016 pile instead of 2018 pile? I wish this would happen to me 😭😭😭

I actually think it’s to be assessed to be put  into the queue - see this

all those who applied  before  1 June 2018 have their lodgement date as their queue date  But those who applied later have to be assessed before being given a queue date  this is the same as the process 103 applicants go through and their queue dates are usually 2 or more years later than actual lodgement date  ! So may not be as good news as it seems 

6D1E66FE-354D-4D9B-9598-272C9700CC97.png

Edited by LindaH27

14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I actually think it’s to be assessed to be put  into the queue - see this

all those who applied  before  1 June 2018 have their lodgement date as their queue date  But those who applied later have to be assessed before being given a queue date  this is the same as the process 103 applicants go through and their queue dates are usually 2 or more years later than actual lodgement date  ! So may not be as good news as it seems 

6D1E66FE-354D-4D9B-9598-272C9700CC97.png

Hi Linda, 

So those applied from 1 June 2018 onwards will be requested for Aos, Police Clearance, health examination before given queue date? Why would they be requested to do AoS now, and pay 10k/adult now? Then later on then the actual processing takes place, they will have to redo all that again?

Sorry I'm very confused  

I don’t know whether the person has actually been asked for all those forms ? You Specifically posted one about AOS - I’m wondering whether the  applicant hadn’t actually completed the sponsor form which is usually sent in at the same time.  If he /she hadn’t then it’s entirely possible that immi are making sure they have all the relevant info in the application to be assessed and queued. That seems a more likely scenario. The data I posted above repeats  that it’s all dealt with in date order - it actually says

The queue order is fixed. No application will be given priority ahead of another application 

Immi know people pass info around all the time about queues etc  I can’t seriously imagine they would do this as there would be an enormous outcry around the world. 

17 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I don’t know whether the person has actually been asked for all those forms ? You Specifically posted one about AOS - I’m wondering whether the  applicant hadn’t actually completed the sponsor form which is usually sent in at the same time.  If he /she hadn’t then it’s entirely possible that immi are making sure they have all the relevant info in the application to be assessed and queued. That seems a more likely scenario. The data I posted above repeats  that it’s all dealt with in date order - it actually says

The queue order is fixed. No application will be given priority ahead of another application 

Immi know people pass info around all the time about queues etc  I can’t seriously imagine they would do this as there would be an enormous outcry around the world. 

This is the complete page he uploaded. I cropped out initially as I thought it wasn't my information to share. He said there're other documents in regards to police clearance, health examination, etc but he didn't share those. Any thoughts?

FB_IMG_1602759019187.jpg

I’m No expert but to me that reads as though they’re asking the applicant to “Find a potential assurer” and get that person to apply to become the sponsor and then pay  at whatever time they are called upon  It’s not asking them to pay for it now ! 

I think they are just getting all the pieces in play so the the visa is ready to go when it reaches the top of the queue and therefore shortens the processing time as  then the processing team know they have all the docs needed to finalise or refuse a decision. . Thinks it’s called being  “decision ready” So the processing part of getting all the docs together is carried out from the beginning rather than towards the end 

Also is he already onshore? They’re said to be prioritising onshore applications and you are allowed to apply for 143 onshore but will have to leave before grant. You don’t usually  get a bridging visa to remain either. I

Edited by LindaH27

5 hours ago, Lucy Adelaide said:

Big congrats. Are you planning to apply to 143 as soon as your visa is granted (when you are still in UK)?

Thank you Lucy… and yes we plan on submitting our 143 application as soon as possible and I believe we can do this while still here in the UK

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I’m No expert but to me that reads as though they’re asking the applicant to “Find a potential assurer” and get that person to apply to become the sponsor and then pay  at whatever time they are called upon  It’s not asking them to pay for it now ! 

I think they are just getting all the pieces in play so the the visa is ready to go when it reaches the top of the queue and therefore shortens the processing time as  then the processing team know they have all the docs needed to finalise or refuse a decision. . Thinks it’s called being  “decision ready” So the processing part of getting all the docs together is carried out from the beginning rather than towards the end 

Also is he already onshore? They’re said to be prioritising onshore applications and you are allowed to apply for 143 onshore but will have to leave before grant. You don’t usually  get a bridging visa to remain either. I

That's actually the same letter as we received back in March this year when we were requested to provide further documents, including AOS.........

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, BargeUK said:

That's actually the same letter as we received back in March this year when we were requested to provide further documents, including AOS.........

Then I have absolutely no idea why someone could make an application for 143 in 2018 and be told he is currently being processed for the visa !! 
if it’s true then people should be asking why as it’s out of date order and taking a place that really belongs to someone from a 2016 application. Seems very fishy !! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Then I have absolutely no idea why someone could make an application for 143 in 2018 and be told he is currently being processed for the visa !! 
if it’s true then people should be asking why as it’s out of date order and taking a place that really belongs to someone from a 2016 application. Seems very fishy !! 

Good luck to that person but it’s very unfair to applicants who are patiently waiting in 2016/2017. I have just checked my letter that I received  and it’s the same. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

This is the complete page he uploaded. I cropped out initially as I thought it wasn't my information to share. He said there're other documents in regards to police clearance, health examination, etc but he didn't share those. Any thoughts?

FB_IMG_1602759019187.jpg

Can we check if the applicant is currently onshore on 600 or 870? If so then there could be a possibility that DHA is prioritizing where the applicant is onshore.

1 hour ago, Anks said:

Can we check if the applicant is currently onshore on 600 or 870? If so then there could be a possibility that DHA is prioritizing where the applicant is onshore.

Yes he is onshore with 600 (his first tourist visa since 2018). But that should not be the reason why he gets infront of all June-Dec 2016/2017/Jan-May 2018 applicants. We all pay the same visa fees. And 143 is PR. Once granted, we are allowed to enter Australia.

As Linda has stated 

The queue order is fixed. No application will be given priority ahead of another application 

I mean well wish to him and I congratulate him on his luck. But this unfairness is beyond my acceptance 

4 hours ago, hmn141905 said:

Yes he is onshore with 600 (his first tourist visa since 2018). But that should not be the reason why he gets infront of all June-Dec 2016/2017/Jan-May 2018 applicants. We all pay the same visa fees. And 143 is PR. Once granted, we are allowed to enter Australia.

As Linda has stated 

The queue order is fixed. No application will be given priority ahead of another application 

I mean well wish to him and I congratulate him on his luck. But this unfairness is beyond my acceptance 

May I ask when is your lodgment date? 

13 hours ago, Anks said:

WOW!! That'd be like hitting a massive jackpot if true. I SO WISH my parents were onshore 😩

My concern is  more because it’s a  2018 143 application.  

There are thousands of 864 Aged Parents applicants already legally waiting onshore for their visa with dates before this one. 

It’s got to be hard for them if a more recent 143 jumps the queue because they’re Prioritising onshore because they are as well - legally. 

The only reason I can think of is to keep this applicant legal - but there are probably thousands in that position due to  the border closure. 

Those families in Australia waiting for their parents might  perhaps think of approaching their local MP or the media to have this position clarified. 

I’m sure that it’s already been mentioned on here that someone asked immigration if they could have their 143 visa issued whilst they were onshore as they didn’t want to leave Australia to activate it because of COVID and we’re told no. The conditions/law of the visa cannot be changed and you must be offshore for the 143 to be issued. 

4 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

I’m sure that it’s already been mentioned on here that someone asked immigration if they could have their 143 visa issued whilst they were onshore as they didn’t want to leave Australia to activate it because of COVID and we’re told no. The conditions/law of the visa cannot be changed and you must be offshore for the 143 to be issued. 

Hi,

I'm not talking about granting visa. May be he will be asked to leave later as well, we don't know yet. What bugger me is he was contacted to do provide further information, to do AoS, medicals, etc only 28 months after lodging. Here I am already waiting 43 months. And those people lodged in July 2016 already waited 51 months

Edited by hmn141905
  • Like 1