Guest guest36187

10 hours ago, nitz said:

Hi, Any updates anyone regarding143 visa?

Applied-11/02/16

aos accepted-17 feb/20

waiting for 2nd vac request 

Hi Nitz, 

I am waiting for 2nd VAC request as well. 
I got acknowledgement  on 28 January 2016.

Stressed in this situation.

Thanks Sam

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I think next year's figure are just reflecting the likelihood that the travel bans won't be lifted till late 2021.  

Beyond next year, the article is saying that "Australia's weak economy" will result in lower migration.  I interpret that as saying the government will make it much harder to get employer-sponsored visas (temp or perm) - there'll be more pressure on companies to hire locals instead, to get the unemployment rate down. Also of course, if Australia is no longer seen as a booming economy, migrants will be less attracted to the country.

6 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I think next year's figure are just reflecting the likelihood that the travel bans won't be lifted till late 2021.  

Beyond next year, the article is saying that "Australia's weak economy" will result in lower migration.  I interpret that as saying the government will make it much harder to get employer-sponsored visas (temp or perm) - there'll be more pressure on companies to hire locals instead, to get the unemployment rate down. Also of course, if Australia is no longer seen as a booming economy, migrants will be less attracted to the country.

What would you think about the effect on parent immigration?  It also seemed to imply very few partner and child visas being granted in the report 

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

What would you think about the effect on parent immigration?  It also seemed to imply very few partner and child visas being granted in the report 

I'm not sure.   If the government is seeking to reduce pressure on the health budget, parent migration might be a target - after all, their figures show parent visa holders cost them money.  

The comment about spouse and child visas was that a figure of 34,000 didn't seem to leave enough room for them.  I'm not sure how that was worked out.

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

I'm not sure.   If the government is seeking to reduce pressure on the health budget, parent migration might be a target - after all, their figures show parent visa holders cost them money.  

The comment about spouse and child visas was that a figure of 34,000 didn't seem to leave enough room for them.  I'm not sure how that was worked out.

Hmm it makes you wonder what effect on the health budget the bridging visas for 804 and 864 have?  And whether the govt will look more closely at this as more people might now be tempted to go down that route instead of paying large amounts  and waiting offshore! After all the Vac charges would pay for a good few years of private health insurance as bridging visas don’t get full Medicare. 

Hi All, I got an email for further documents request for 143 visa. Acknowledgement date of application-02/06/2016.

Can someone please tell me how to apply for assurance of support now? I am assuming it is all online now?

Edited by gagan1991
Further information
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Hmm it makes you wonder what effect on the health budget the bridging visas for 804 and 864 have?  And whether the govt will look more closely at this as more people might now be tempted to go down that route instead of paying large amounts  and waiting offshore! After all the Vac charges would pay for a good few years of private health insurance as bridging visas don’t get full Medicare. 

No idea how many 804 & 864 on shore applications there are, but as you can only enter Australia if you have already have PR or are a citizen until next year, it’s not an option for quite a while.

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Hmm it makes you wonder what effect on the health budget the bridging visas for 804 and 864 have?  And whether the govt will look more closely at this ...

Very true!   I'm surprised the government hasn't realised their attempts to discourage parent visas has just resulted in more and more people exploiting that loophole - and if they are UK residents, then they're a burden on Medicare anyway.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

Details of limit to International arrivals into Australia to be announced by Scot Morrison on Friday.

WA have already agreed to cut arrivals to 525 people per week.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/australia-set-to-cap-international-flights-to-contain-spike-in-coronavirus-cases

WA are also passing emergency legislation to charge people for their 14 days complusory hotel quarantine, same as Queensland.

Hi everyone - I am back here as I have submitted my 143 now (see below signature for timeline) Initially I was so bummed that I did this route of 173 to 143 but upon reflection I am so glad I did as I was able to spend this conversion time it in Australia with my family. I have been here for 10 months and feel so at home. I have already found an amazing job just perfect for me working reception at a dentist, 8 min bus ride from home and 3 days a week. I have slotted in very well with the lifestyle here and in the home environment. Everyone has made me feel so welcome and every single day I count my blessing. To those of you - waiting 4 years to get my visa was hard - the last few months from getting request for docs to granting of visa was even harder but hang in there it will be so worth it in the end. In addition I will also be so grateful to those that did this journey with me your support and inspiration really helped me through this journey.  I will be popping back in now as I am active in this group again so that we can continue to support each other.  

• Like 9
  • Congratulations 1

11 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Hi everyone - I am back here as I have submitted my 143 now (see below signature for timeline) Initially I was so bummed that I did this route of 173 to 143 but upon reflection I am so glad I did as I was able to spend this conversion time it in Australia with my family. I have been here for 10 months and feel so at home. I have already found an amazing job just perfect for me working reception at a dentist, 8 min bus ride from home and 3 days a week. I have slotted in very well with the lifestyle here and in the home environment. Everyone has made me feel so welcome and every single day I count my blessing. To those of you - waiting 4 years to get my visa was hard - the last few months from getting request for docs to granting of visa was even harder but hang in there it will be so worth it in the end. In addition I will also be so grateful to those that did this journey with me your support and inspiration really helped me through this journey.  I will be popping back in now as I am active in this group again so that we can continue to support each other.  

Lovely post Marilyn.  😀  Good to hear you are enjoying life here and it sounds as though you have settled down very well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Congrats!  I’m working as a receptionist at my local medical centre...lots to learn, and lovely people to work with.  One of them is a Pom as well, and we confuse the patients as there’s two of us now😝. Four years was a long time and the last few months were definitely the worst...we were living in a caravan for a few weeks before flying out on New Year’s Eve ...but we’re here now and don’t want to be anywhere else. Had an evening out with the two youngest grandkids (6&8) on Friday evening at the local sushi Japanese and it was great!  Husband says he hasn’t been so happy for such a long while!  RESULT! As there were many times I thought he’d given up.  Keep well and in touch with us all ❤️

• Like 4

I'm hoping to move to Australia with hubby and 3 kids but not sure where to start. I never seem to find the actual application which would be a good start 🤣. I'm 37 and a head teacher but my husband is 45, his birthday is in January so I want to get going quickly. He works in oil. Any advice, link to the application etc would be most appreciated 😃

8 hours ago, Yvonne04 said:

I'm hoping to move to Australia with hubby and 3 kids but not sure where to start. I never seem to find the actual application which would be a good start 🤣. I'm 37 and a head teacher but my husband is 45, his birthday is in January so I want to get going quickly. He works in oil. Any advice, link to the application etc would be most appreciated 😃

I’m guessing you aren’t the parent of an Australian citizen or PR - which is what this thread is all about - and your post might get more tractIon if you started your own thread under Visas. 

Age wise you’re probably just going to squeak in but teachers aren’t really that much in demand and depending on the sector you work in you might struggle to get a visa. I wouldn’t be optimistic that you could land a head teacher role as Principalships are hard fought and very reliant on local systems knowledge and experience. Your DH is too old for a PR visa on his own merits so you would have to be the primary applicant. 
You’d be wise to talk to a MARA registered agent to see what your chances are.

11 hours ago, Yvonne04 said:

@Yvonne04, I'm afraid it's not as simple as filling in an application form.   It's a highly competitive process and while thousands apply, only a small proportion succeed (and you don't get your money back if you fail).   Your best approach is to book a consultation with a migration agent (it can be on the phone).   All the good agents offer  free initial consultation.  They will give you an honest opinion of what your chances are.  Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda.

Edited by Marisawright

Hi Sir 

With due respect , I am writing this letter on behalf of all the parents suffering mentally who were on the verge of being granted the visa 143 just before the pandemic kicked in february.The january and february (2016) offshore applications had their assurance of support finalised and some of us received the 2nd vaq request while others were waiting for 2nd vaq request.Its been a tough time since them as we all do not know when the department will start issuing visas for this category again.As this is a permanent residency visa and comes under excluded category for travellers,we still hope that your department will look into this and clear the backlog as soon as possible for offshore applicants, Sir there can be a way to this,Covid testing can be done for this category applicants arriving australia,It will help the country with that money coming in too.I request you to please look into this as it is affecting parents and families mentally being away.
Regards
Nitz

can someone please send this message to someone who can make immigration minister alan tudge read it.....i know this is next to impossible but still

11 minutes ago, nitz said:

Hi Sir 

With due respect , I am writing this letter on behalf of all the parents suffering mentally who were on the verge of being granted the visa 143 just before the pandemic kicked in february.The january and february (2016) offshore applications had their assurance of support finalised and some of us received the 2nd vaq request while others were waiting for 2nd vaq request.Its been a tough time since them as we all do not know when the department will start issuing visas for this category again.As this is a permanent residency visa and comes under excluded category for travellers,we still hope that your department will look into this and clear the backlog as soon as possible for offshore applicants, Sir there can be a way to this,Covid testing can be done for this category applicants arriving australia,It will help the country with that money coming in too.I request you to please look into this as it is affecting parents and families mentally being away.
Regards
Nitz

can someone please send this message to someone who can make immigration minister alan tudge read it.....i know this is next to impossible but still

Why? What makes you all special? This is an international tragedy which has killed thousands and threatens to ruin the lives of millions.  Immigration needs to look after its own citizens not the citizens of other countries who may want to move here. They’re not in the business of family reunion as a priority, nor should they be.  With all due respects, elderly parents are not a bonus for Australia.  I’d rather they got things sorted and working for Australians before they bother about others coming in - Sorry! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Why? What makes you all special? This is an international tragedy which has killed thousands and threatens to ruin the lives of millions.  Immigration needs to look after its own citizens not the citizens of other countries who may want to move here. They’re not in the business of family reunion as a priority, nor should they be.  With all due respects, elderly parents are not a bonus for Australia.  I’d rather they got things sorted and working for Australians before they bother about others coming in - Sorry! 

Wow! Funny THIS!! A pom who in one of their very first threads posted about being desperately homesick yet being 'stuck' here, because her one son was staying here with the only grandchild. Who then berates someone for wanting similar family circumstances for themselves. Seriously! Life is hard enough at the moment as it is - if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. My mum is in the queue for a 143 and whilst covid is a concern, she is also in a country which has just had 4 cities rated as being in the top 10 dangerous in the world. Aside of me being worried about her getting covid or getting ill, the chance of rape and murder are exceptionally high and permanent visa aside, I can't get to here if God forbid one of the above occurs. So think of that when you are safe and snug in your safe bed, in your safe suburb in your safe country!! 

• Like 4