Guest guest36187

Scott Morrison mentioned the other day that the international borders might not open till mid(July)2021 which would mean no parent visa 143 grant till mid next year. This is such a sad news for all parent visa 143 applicant 

1 minute ago, sub7er said:

Scott Morrison mentioned the other day that the international borders might not open till mid(July)2021 which would mean no parent visa 143 grant till mid next year. This is such a sad news for all parent visa 143 applicant 

1 minute ago, sub7er said:

Its for visitors not the permanent residents listen carefully

• Like 1

Just now, sub7er said:

Qantas said the same and they’re actually putting all their long haul 380 planes in the Mojave Desert for up to three years !! 

However once someone is granted 143 they are technically then classed as residents and should be able to enter the country at any time although they would have to go into quarantine

35 minutes ago, JeremyNg266 said:

Congrats Amy. 

May I ask since you are onshore is there any condition stated that you need to leave the country and reentry it to get your visa granted ? 

Thanks

no if u have 173 granted . u not need to go offshore

@nitzhow can u be so confident in saying that they will start granting visa 143 for offshore applicant if the borders remain closed till mid next year ? It looks like the govt wants to limit people entering the country till a vaccine is found so I don’t see any basis of your argument as Australia would take necessary actions to protect its current residence. It is sad news for all us 143 applicants but it is the harsh reality.

3 hours ago, sub7er said:

@nitzhow can u be so confident in saying that they will start granting visa 143 for offshore applicant if the borders remain closed till mid next year ? It looks like the govt wants to limit people entering the country till a vaccine is found so I don’t see any basis of your argument as Australia would take necessary actions to protect its current residence. It is sad news for all us 143 applicants but it is the harsh reality.

They already granted visa to someone here offshore named palaceboy and i called immi and they said they are processing but its slower then it earlier was

5 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

2nd VACs have been requested since entry to Australia was restricted.

Best regards.

Hi Alan thanks and can you please tell if they have been requested to a handful of people and not just mere one or two as you must be familier with this and have they been for offshore people?

Edited by nitz

2 minutes ago, nitz said:

Hi Alan thanks and can you please tell if they have been requested to a handful of people and not just mere one or two as you must be familier with this and have they been for offshore people?

You assume too much of me!

It is great we are seeing any movement forward at the moment, in my view.

Best regards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, sub7er said:

If you look on other threads in this forum, they are granting partner visas now, so why wouldn't they start granting other kinds of visas? 

Anyone who comes into the country now is forced to go into hotel quarantine for 14 days and be tested, so the risk to the country is low.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With the AoS, what exactly does Centrelink assess other than income? Is the assessment criteria like applying for any other kind of finance?

I've been accepted into a postgraduate degree course, starting this November, and unfortunately will have to incur a FEE-HELP debt. My parents lodged their 143 in Sept 2017, so should be up for assessment in late 2021/early 2022. I'll be studying part-time (1-2 subjects per semester) over 3 years whilst working full time so at least the debt will be drip-fed on a subject-by-subject basis rather than the full whack all at once by the time they're up for assessment.

Will "debt to the Commonwealth" impact my chances of sponsoring my parents?

Otherwise I earn a pretty healthy (6 figure) salary so have no issues meeting the income requirement. Also have a mortgage if that makes a difference.

Edited by Qflyer

25 minutes ago, Qflyer said:

With the AoS, what exactly does Centrelink assess other than income? Is the assessment criteria like applying for any other kind of finance?

I've been accepted into a postgraduate degree course, starting this November, and unfortunately will have to incur a FEE-HELP debt. My parents lodged their 143 in Sept 2017, so should be up for assessment in late 2021/early 2022. I'll be studying part-time (1-2 subjects per semester) over 3 years whilst working full time so at least the debt will be drip-fed on a subject-by-subject basis rather than the full whack all at once by the time they're up for assessment.

Will "debt to the Commonwealth" impact my chances of sponsoring my parents?

Otherwise I earn a pretty healthy (6 figure) salary so have no issues meeting the income requirement. Also have a mortgage if that makes a difference.

I’m not sure on that but it’s highly unlikely your parents visa will be granted when you say so you have time to finish your course etc and clear the debt  

It’s more  likely that September  2017 applications won’t be ready for processing until 2024 and possibly even later. The queue  had spikes  in both 2016 and 2017 when large numbers lodged their applications.   May/ June 2017 had around 9000 applications just in those two months alone and only 6000 per year are granted so just those two months will take at least 18 - 24 months to be processed.  

11 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I’m not sure on that but it’s highly unlikely your parents visa will be granted when you say so you have time to finish your course etc and clear the debt  

It’s more  likely that September  2017 applications won’t be ready for processing until 2024 and possibly even later. The queue  had spikes  in both 2016 and 2017 when large numbers lodged their applications.   May/ June 2017 had around 9000 applications just in those two months alone and only 6000 per year are granted so just those two months will take at least 18 - 24 months to be processed.  

Whoa... ok! Serves us right for procrastinating! We started on the paperwork around Mar-Apr 2017 believe it or not, but then it took some dithering (some on my part) whilst we worked out what we needed and information we needed to gather (like evidence that my dad had been discharged from the Malaysian armed forces back in the 60s), and didn't end up lodging the thing until September. 

Edited by Qflyer

5 hours ago, Qflyer said:

Whoa... ok! Serves us right for procrastinating! We started on the paperwork around Mar-Apr 2017 believe it or not, but then it took some dithering (some on my part) whilst we worked out what we needed and information we needed to gather (like evidence that my dad had been discharged from the Malaysian armed forces back in the 60s), and didn't end up lodging the thing until September. 

I’m June 2017 so have already waited 3 years and sadly I’m expecting to wait another 3/4. I hope I’m wrong! There was an online queue calculator up a while ago but think it must have crashed or something  because it’s not been available for weeks now. When I put my lodgement date in, it said there were approx 22900 before me - and immi only grant up to 6000 per year so it’s  easy to do the maths. Also this pandemic has slowed things right down as well. 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

Seen in a facebook that another 143 visa has been granted a few days ago. The applicant was offshore and submitted 103 in Sep 2015, moved to 143 in Oct 2016. They may start again, it's the beginning of the financial year.

All the ones I’ve seen are all converted from another type to a 143.  Not heard of any straight to a 143 since March. Yours is the last one that’s close to finishing that I’ve seen ☹️

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

All the ones I’ve seen are all converted from another type to a 143.  Not heard of any straight to a 143 since March. Yours is the last one that’s close to finishing that I’ve seen ☹️

Yes, that's true too.  Just hope that they will resume the process soon.