Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, chintu said:

Hi guys,

Just out of curiosity, can someone who decided to go with 173 explain to me why they decided to go with 173 instead of 143?

Do you go back the queue once you apply for 143 when on 173?

At the moment, because of the size of the queue and the fact  that all applications for visas are dealt with in strict date order,  it’s taking about the same length of time to get 173 as it is to get 143 but as it’s only valid for two years there’s a further wait as you then have to  apply for 143. Although the payment is split into two the total cost is actually more when adding together the costs for 173 and then subsequent 143. 

So  it takes longer and costs more to get full PR. There’s not much point in going for 173 now  actually ! 

27 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

At the moment, because of the size of the queue and the fact  that all applications for visas are dealt with in strict date order,  it’s taking about the same length of time to get 173 as it is to get 143 but as it’s only valid for two years there’s a further wait as you then have to  apply for 143. Although the payment is split into two the total cost is actually more when adding together the costs for 173 and then subsequent 143. 

So  it takes longer and costs more to get full PR. There’s not much point in going for 173 now  actually ! 

Wow thanks, Linda, that explanation was very simple and easy to understand. Thank you for this information.

Seems like I did the right thing by applying straight for 143.

1 minute ago, chintu said:

Wow thanks, Linda, that explanation was very simple and easy to understand. Thank you for this information.

Seems like I did the right thing by applying straight for 143.

Definitely! You will still have a long wait but at least you are in the queue and have already waited one year. I’ve found its best to just get on with your normal life and put this in the background otherwise you end up wishing your life away when you really  should be making the most of it especially in these very trying and distressing times with the pandemic. 

• Like 1

Hey Everyone! We applied for the 143 in July 2017. I was 18 then, and applied as an adult dependent. The visa outcome is likely to come after December 2021 and I will be 23 by then. I want to know if I'd be still considered for the visa and also will it effect my parents' outcome. Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, ian_sidhu said:

Hey Everyone! We applied for the 143 in July 2017. I was 18 then, and applied as an adult dependent. The visa outcome is likely to come after December 2021 and I will be 23 by then. I want to know if I'd be still considered for the visa and also will it effect my parents' outcome. Thanks in advance.

I’m not an agent so don’t treat this as gospel!

I  applied just before you in June 2017 and given the length of the queue am expecting another 3 year wait so at least 2023. It’s doubtful you will be eligible as immi changed the rules in November 2016 (before your application) and  you now  have to be 23 or less at the time of decision 

I don’t think it would affect your parents outcome ( but I’m not an expert! ) so you might have to find your own visa. Best to speak to an agent. 

6 hours ago, ian_sidhu said:

As Linda says, the decision probably won't come until 2023.   You have a problem. I suggest having an urgent consultation with an agent to confirm how the new rules affect you.

On 27/06/2020 at 01:55, ian_sidhu said:

8E376957-51D5-4FB9-8D77-0F2876BE10BD.jpeg

BC635806-D6C3-40FE-80C4-081092810CA5.jpeg

That advice is very worrying as it is not correct and is giving people false hope. The only time is it taken at time of lodgement is if the process started as a 173 visa that then becomes a 143. If it’s lodged as a 143 from the start then age and dependancy needs to be proven at decision stage not lodgement. 

8 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The correct site is actually https:// and not http://

According to current correct website the answer is 

586A239D-6A43-466C-87BE-FB7973938A6D.thumb.png.03c2dc2e02c110605aa883ea1d7e1576.pngHowever someone who is ill enough to require full support would run into problems on the medical.! 

That states what the criteria for dependency is but it still doesn’t answer whether it is needed at decision stage though. I’ve seen many times on here the age thing is at decision stage so I’d be very shocked if different. The proving dependency part is 100% at decision stage. I personally contacted and paid an agent who regularly posts on here about 18 months ago to ask about this.  It was confirmed to me that proof of financial dependency would need to be provided to the case officer at decision stage. I didn’t ask about the age thing as that was not relevant to my situation but have seen numerous times on here situations where the ‘child’ would be too old by the time they got to the end of the queue. 

2 minutes ago, Indiana56 said:

I asked this question before submit our file. You can contact through facebook homeaffairs page again.

I don’t need to, it’s not relevant to me. I’d just hate to think people were thinking it was all ok only to get bad news years down the line.  How old will you be by the time your application gets to near completion and how will you still be dependant?