Guest guest36187

Hi guys,

New reader/member here to the forum.

I applied for 143 subclasses straight and I have joined the queue for this one? I see currently they are processing applications from 2016, I am guessing this will mean my turn will come by 2024(hopefully).

I applied for subclass 143 straight in April 2019 and got acknowledgement by May 2019.

Does anyone have any experience with the following issues:

1. My mother has type 2 diabetes and has to monitor her sugar every now and then. Will this impact her health requirements? Given we are applying for permanent visas for elder people, I am guessing they are bound to have some kind of existing medical condition. Any input will be appreciated.

2. My mother/father used to get 3 years tourist visas in the past, suddenly last year they have started only giving 1-year visas when I asked for 3yrs on the application. Anybody else has experience with this? Is this because they want to raise revenue by making us apply for the expensive 870 visas?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, chintu said:

Hi guys,

New reader/member here to the forum.

I applied for 143 subclasses straight and I have joined the queue for this one? I see currently they are processing applications from 2016, I am guessing this will mean my turn will come by 2024(hopefully).

I applied for subclass 143 straight in April 2019 and got acknowledgement by May 2019.

Does anyone have any experience with the following issues:

1. My mother has type 2 diabetes and has to monitor her sugar every now and then. Will this impact her health requirements? Given we are applying for permanent visas for elder people, I am guessing they are bound to have some kind of existing medical condition. Any input will be appreciated.

2. My mother/father used to get 3 years tourist visas in the past, suddenly last year they have started only giving 1-year visas when I asked for 3yrs on the application. Anybody else has experience with this? Is this because they want to raise revenue by making us apply for the expensive 870 visas?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

If you only applied last May I’d say you’ve probably still got five years minimum  before you get the visas. The wait times have increased a lot since the 2016 applicants applied, far longer queues now than theirs.  As for the medical. It’s worked out on how much you’re likely to cost Australia over a certain time, I don’t think there’s any favours given because parent visa applicants are older.  In all honesty, it’s not worth worrying about now as their medicals will be about five years away and they could have more issues by then. It’s one of those things, it will either be ok or it won’t and thinking about that many years before isn’t worth it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chintu said:

As of March this year there were at least 39,000 CPV applications (lodged up to April 2019) which had still not even begun to be processed.  Based on the current annual cap of 6,096 that equates to just under 6.5 years. Then you need to add the number applications lodged between May 2019 up to April 2020 when you applied (which I don't have any figures for).  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I would guess your parents possibly have around 7.5 years to wait before they even begin to start being processed.  Of course this assumes the annual cap remains at 6,096 and that immi actually manage to process/grant that number each year.

Good luck

22 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

As of March this year there were at least 39,000 CPV applications (lodged up to April 2019) which had still not even begun to be processed.  Based on the current annual cap of 6,096 that equates to just under 6.5 years. Then you need to add the number applications lodged between May 2019 up to April 2020 when you applied (which I don't have any figures for).  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I would guess your parents possibly have around 7.5 years to wait before they even begin to start being processed.  Of course this assumes the annual cap remains at 6,096 and that immi actually manage to process/grant that number each year.

Good luck

Thank you for this information mate, is there any chance you can share with me the source of this information i.e. 39000CPV applications? I want to keep an eye out on this one?
Also, I would be very happy if you can share how we can figure out they have 6096 spots each year and how many of those slots are used?

6 minutes ago, chintu said:

Thank you for this information mate, is there any chance you can share with me the source of this information i.e. 39000CPV applications? I want to keep an eye out on this one?
Also, I would be very happy if you can share how we can figure out they have 6096 spots each year and how many of those slots are used?

Trawl back through this thread - you'll find details I feel sure.

Best regards.

36 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

Good luck

There’s also Coronavirus to add to the equation and the rapid slow down there’s been on processing and how long this will continue 

18 minutes ago, chintu said:

Hi Guys,

What is the difference between Subclass 864(Contributory Aged Parent Visa) and Subclass 143(Contributory Parent Visa).

At the time of application for my parents, my father was 59 and my mother 57.

864 applicants are onshore already in Australia, 143 applicants apply from overseas 

44 minutes ago, chintu said:

That's it? No clear advantage of one over the other?

Stay

Permanently

Cost

From AUD47,755

Processing times

Processing times are not available for this visa.

With this visa you can

• stay in Australia as a permanent resident
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Australia's public health care scheme, Medicare

You must

• be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application
  • have an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
  • be old enough to receive the age pension in Australia
  • not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa

1 hour ago, chintu said:

Hi Guys,

What is the difference between Subclass 864(Contributory Aged Parent Visa) and Subclass 143(Contributory Parent Visa).

At the time of application for my parents, my father was 59 and my mother 57.

Parents have to be "aged" (as defined) to apply for an onshore parent visa under subclass 864.

Best regards.

54 minutes ago, VLong said:

Hi everyone , i has been granted onshore visa 143 for me and my mom today. Hope it is good news for anyone same case with us.

Congratulations Vlong, which part of Australia u r residing 

Hi, everyone hope you are all well, those already in Australia and those pending. I have been here already for 7 months and I just love it. Already have an amazing part time job "just down the road" and been through a drought when I arrived, fires, floods and now a pandemic. It may be a sign but I am ignoring it.

I wonder if anyone has had the experience I have been having some disputes with Medicare offices - When I arrived I registered as and as I am on 173 (Tempt) I was given a blue card. I haven't used it but don't envisage any problems. On the letter with the card it says I need to get hospital cover with private health insurance which I am happy to do BUT I have to obtain a Lifetime Health Cover Letter from Medicare. Their letter states "Newly arrived Australian resident who are over the age of 31 or over (that's me) will not have to pay LHC loading if hospital cover is purchased within 12 months of registering with Medicare" So that's what I am doing but got told today due to the visa I am on they unable to give me this letter - I got some quotes and due to my age I have to pay Lifetime cover loading of nearly $80 more!.

Anyone have any advice or been through the same (173 visa's only)? TIA

3 hours ago, VLong said:

Hi everyone , i has been granted onshore visa 143 for me and my mom today. Hope it is good news for anyone same case with us.

How long did it take from lodging 143 to grant day as I need to do that too very soon and wanted to know the timeline

16 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

How long did it take from lodging 143 to grant day as I need to do that too very soon and wanted to know the timeline

11/11/19 , we lodged our visa form

15/12/19, we received request for out aos

10/1/20 , we submit aos in centrelink

14/1/20 , request for more information 

24/2/20, received bank guarantee request

10/3/20, submit letter from the bank

14/3/20, bank guarantee rejected

24/3/20 , bank guarantee accepted

But we found out that , my mom name missing one word there . We try to call up but aos team line was very busy so we try to call to complaint hotline ,luckily they picked up.

23/4/20, requested for 2nd Vac but no invoice. I reply the team to notify that .

29/4/20, requested for 2nd with the invoice

5/5/20, paid 2nd Vac 

6/5/20 , visa granted

Hope my information help you @Marilyn

• Thanks 2