Guest guest36187

I'm currently holding visa subclass 173 

Last week , i received 2nd Vac for visa 143 but without the invoice and I were emailed back for that .

Today , i receive 2nd vac with the invoice . I feel like they still processing onshore visa

Edited by VLong
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Request for copy of passport received today. They didn’t ask for passport when they requested further info back in Feb.

Just when I thought I was in an awaiting review file until end of May for visas. They must be still looking at them then.

Are you onshore?

Hi All,

I am a permanent resident waitingfor my citizenship ceremony which should happen online. 

I have decided to apply for my parents contributory visa 143 for mum and dad. 

I would be extremely grateful if someone who has/is been through this process to help me with the following questions: 

1. Should we attach police checks with form 47P right now or wait ti be requested. 

2. What are the time frames of Aos and Vac 2 requests from time of application? Also what are these amounts sitting at as of this date.

3. Does it matter if parents pay for VAC 2 themselves? 

4. What documents have you submitted to show your residence in Aus as the sponsor? Does house lease , bills and Visa grant suffice.

5. Income threshold if I apply as sponsor with my husband . We have 1 child of 9 yrs.

6. Once Vac 2 is paid is PR guaranteed. 

7. Any other advice or info you would like to share with a stressed out person who has just gone through a million forms and fees.

The visa queue date calculator which gave the position of 103/804 visa applicants seems to have undergone a change in the last few days and now includes 143 / 173 /864 /884  visa queues . Although I do not think any updates have yet been made but it appears they may be close to publishing everyone’s queue position .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

The visa queue date calculator which gave the position of 103/804 visa applicants seems to have undergone a change in the last few days and now includes 143 / 173 /864 /884  visa queues . Although I do not think any updates have yet been made but it appears they may be close to publishing everyone’s queue position .

Interesting given there's no formal queue date issued to CP visa applicants - unlike 103/804 applicants.

Best regards.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/glossary#capping-and-queueing#

All Contributory Parent visa applications lodged before 1 June 2018 have been given a queue date of the application lodgement date and applications lodged on or after 1 June 2018 will be assessed and given a queue date when it meets the initial visa criteria.

Best regards.

6 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

All Contributory Parent visa applications lodged before 1 June 2018 have been given a queue date of the application lodgement date and applications lodged on or after 1 June 2018 will be assessed and given a queue date when it meets the initial visa criteria.

Best regards.

I can’t find any data that has so far been entered for contributory visas . Also I found my old queue date of 24/08/2015  103 visa went from 20200 last week to 21240 today , maybe it’s teething problems as the 804 figures updated last month were again wrong.

7 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

Not sure how to interpret that! Given that the two previous years before June 2018 had a very big spike in applications does that mean post June 2018 they will be given a much longer queue date similar to 103? 

• Like 1

About time parent visas are arranged in this way. Assuming we actually get given this queue number, we should now be able to accurately calculate the number of applicant in front of our own. Then simply divide this number by the cap to see how many years or months we need to wait. Also new applicants will finally be able to see the bare facts without being sucked into a world of cotton wool and unicorns.

When home affairs show the numbers in the queue in their annual reports  is it the number of applications or the number of people as there could be potentially  three or more people on each application with dependants etc.? And does the cap of c 6000 mean 6000 people or applications because that would affect the wait time in the queue surely? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

I can’t find any data that has so far been entered for contributory visas . Also I found my old queue date of 24/08/2015  103 visa went from 20200 last week to 21240 today , maybe it’s teething problems as the 804 figures updated last month were again wrong.

Now realise that the queue for 103/804 is now combined which answers the above .

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

When home affairs show the numbers in the queue in their annual reports  is it the number of applications or the number of people as there could be potentially  three or more people on each application with dependants etc.? And does the cap of c 6000 mean 6000 people or applications because that would affect the wait time in the queue surely? 

That’s true… having a queue number will not help if it’s just the application number. As you rightly say, we would need to know how many people are included on each application to equate this to time. Oh well… excuse me while I climb back on my unicorn. 

Edited by SusieRoo

Just now, LesleyT said:

Will we be notified what our queue date is? And then what does the queue date mean?

Well 103/804  are notified of their queue date but I believe it’s a couple of years after lodgement date but I’m not sure. 

A queue date means that they won’t start processing your application until that  queue date is reached. 

Pre June 2018 they will look at your application when they reach the date for processing whatever your lodgement date is eg they are currently processing March  2016 - 4 years ago! 

It sounds as though post June 2018 they  will check to see if it’s a valid application then give it a future queue date which might be later than the lodgement date. 
I just don’t know so hoping someone can elaborate further! 

The number of places in a migration program I.e. budgeted numbers in a year = number of applicants (not applications)

Queue number = number of applicants before you 

This is my interpretation based on everything I have read so far. Can someone more knowledgable on this please shed some light?

19 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

The number in the queue is the number of applicants awaiting a visa decision - not the number of visa applications.

The "cap" refers to the number of visas to be granted annually.

Best regards.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Well 103/804  are notified of their queue date but I believe it’s a couple of years after lodgement date but I’m not sure. 

A queue date means that they won’t start processing your application until that  queue date is reached. 

Pre June 2018 they will look at your application when they reach the date for processing whatever your lodgement date is eg they are currently processing March  2016 - 4 years ago! 

It sounds as though post June 2018 they  will check to see if it’s a valid application then give it a future queue date which might be later than the lodgement date. 
I just don’t know so hoping someone can elaborate further! 

For 103s and 804s there is an initial assessment of heath and character - currently about 2 years post lodgement.

Once health and character are cleared a queue date is issued, which is the date entered to be in the queue date calculator.

Clearly 143 and 864 applications don't operate that way.   Ditto 173s and 884s.

Best regards.

26 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Also ... I've made enquiry of Family Program Management as the calculator seems awry with the 103s and 804s.

Best regards.

@Alan CollettDo you think they will start processing offshore 143 applications anytime soon which were at final stages?

Edited by nitz

Advanced issues found

😡
6 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

For 103s and 804s there is an initial assessment of heath and character - currently about 2 years post lodgement.

Once health and character are cleared a queue date is issued, which is the date entered to be in the queue date calculator.

Clearly 143 and 864 applications don't operate that way.   Ditto 173s and 884s.

Best regards.

Hey, I thought you said in your previous post that 143 application lodged after 1 June 2018 will be queued. 

Please correct my understanding if I am wrong

Heard from the news that "Morrison also revealed that net overseas migration is down 30% and is expected to fall by 80% in 2020-21, both compared with 2018-19, in a sign the economic contraction from Covid-19 will last much longer than restrictions to social life. Treasury officials and the Reserve Bank both estimate that unemployment is set to top 10%." (source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/01/morrison-says-early-mark-of-eased-restrictions-depends-on-uptake-of-covidsafe-tracing-app).

Would this have negative effect on parent visa?  Anyone? 

• Thanks 1

Possibly -  as most parents are older Therefore less likely to work and contribute to the economy and also more susceptible to Covid-19 and  with potential high costs of care as they age. Just my opinion. Australia has said in the past that they don’t really want older people which is  why  they reduced the number of visas they will grant. 

• Like 1

It was reported on the news today, that possibly immigration will be on hold until the borders are re opened, talk of 6 months? and apparently the Labour Party want immigration halted, to keep jobs for Australians. 

• Like 1