Guest guest36187

Wow - you are on your second Bachelor Degree - how lucky you are to have parents to support you through your extended education.  

I am however surprised that you would still want to be dependent on your parents at Visa grant (potentially 2+ years away).  You are clearly very intelligent, I cannot imagine that you would not be able to get a Visa in your own right, rather than still wanting to be dependent on your parents when you will be 25+, based on it is taking approximately 4 years to Visa grant, and this could be increased due to Covid-19.

However, that is my opinion as a parent, I am not a migration agent and I do not know your circumstances.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LBee said:

Wow - you are on your second Bachelor Degree - how lucky you are to have parents to support you through your extended education.  

I am however surprised that you would still want to be dependent on your parents at Visa grant (potentially 2+ years away).  You are clearly very intelligent, I cannot imagine that you would not be able to get a Visa in your own right

I think it would be sensible for her to choose a course that would qualify her for a skilled visa, just in case the rules change for the parent visa.  However, the problem with getting a skilled visa is that it's becoming very, very competitive.  It's a points-based system and only people with the highest points get through.  To give you an example, you need only 65 points to apply for a visa, but there are so many applicants, that only those with over 90 points are even being considered.  And it gets worse every year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I think it would be sensible for her to choose a course that would qualify her for a skilled visa, just in case the rules change for the parent visa.  However, the problem with getting a skilled visa is that it's becoming very, very competitive.  It's a points-based system and only people with the highest points get through.  To give you an example, you need only 65 points to apply for a visa, but there are so many applicants, that only those with over 90 points are even being considered.  And it gets worse every year.

Thanks for your understanding ! 

1 hour ago, LBee said:

I am however surprised that you would still want to be dependent on your parents at Visa grant (potentially 2+ years away).  You are clearly very intelligent, I cannot imagine that you would not be able to get a Visa in your own right, rather than still wanting to be dependent on your parents when you will be 25+, based on it is taking approximately 4 years to Visa grant, and this could be increased due to Covid-19.

However, that is my opinion as a parent, I am not a migration agent and I do not know your circumstances.

Thanks so much for your compliment ! 

I had considered a lot before i made this decision as the course that i graduated from at that time and until now required a really high points according to points-based system for skilled visa . I did not have enough point for that visa due to age and not having partner point . 

I know it is a shame to be a dependant as i am not too young to be in that way  but i am so scared to live alone . My sister really wants us to come and live with her too 😭

Edited by Slimz

As the application was lodged after the date the rules changed unfortunately the new rules apply. You would need to be under 23 at visa grant in order to be considered as a dependant.  There is no chance you will be included. The only thing you can do is look to one day qualify in your own right.  By taking a second degree, you’ve probably delayed that possibility as you could be on the road by now to gaining much needed experience.  

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

You say you had advice from various registered immigration agents who said it would be ok. Registered with who?  The best thing you can do is speak with one of the agents who regularly post on here and get it confirmed once and for all. If you hear it from a professional then you will simply have to accept it and move on. I’d be shocked if your parents chose to follow your older sister and leave you behind but that’s not relevant in this.  If your sister really wants you all to be together she will have to consider returning. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

As the application was lodged after the date the rules changed unfortunately the new rules apply. You would need to be under 23 at visa grant in order to be considered as a dependant.  There is no chance you will be included. The only thing you can do is look to one day qualify in your own right.  By taking a second degree, you’ve probably delayed that possibility as you could be on the road by now to gaining much needed experience.  

Thanks for your contribution ! 

I chose to study another course that is less point required to get skilled visa than the previous one which i had finished last year as back up . 

I got confused as different agents had different outcomes even they are all registered migration agents and my sister called to the visa center then they said yes at the time we lodged the application but it was kind of untrustable as they were doing customer services not like CO .

I am so sad and depressed now 😭

Edited by Slimz
wrong word

3 minutes ago, Slimz said:

Thanks for your contribution ! 

I chose to study another course that is less point required to get skilled visa than the previous one which i had finished last year as back up . 

I got confused as different agents had different outcomes even they are all registered immigration agents and my sister called to the visa center then they said yes at the time we lodged the application but it was kind of untrustable as they were doing customer services not like CO .

I am so sad and depressed now 😭

Calling the visa centre doesn’t mean you’ll get a correct answer. You need to speak with a Mara agent, there are some excellent ones on here.  What they tell you will be 100% correct. Good luck. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

You say you had advice from various registered immigration agents who said it would be ok. Registered with who?  The best thing you can do is speak with one of the agents who regularly post on here and get it confirmed once and for all. If you hear it from a professional then you will simply have to accept it and move on. I’d be shocked if your parents chose to follow your older sister and leave you behind but that’s not relevant in this.  If your sister really wants you all to be together she will have to consider returning. 

I have got the point . Thanks a lot for your advice . Maybe i 'd better find another way to go rather than waiting for this 😔  

Slimz - you shouldn't be sad or depressed - you have achieved much in your life - a bachelors degree and doing another one 

For me as a parent, I find having my three children all independent is my achievement. My husband and I have brought them up to believe in themselves, and always there for support when things don't go as planned.  Children have to make their own life, yes its nice to near family, but not always achievable for many reasons.  A lot may happen in the next couple of years.  One things for sure Parents will not be there for ever, and knowing your child can look after themselves is in my opinion a great achievement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LBee said:

Slimz - you shouldn't be sad or depressed - you have achieved much in your life - a bachelors degree and doing another one 

For me as a parent, I find having my three children all independent is my achievement. My husband and I have brought them up to believe in themselves, and always there for support when things don't go as planned.  Children have to make their own life, yes its nice to near family, but not always achievable for many reasons.  A lot may happen in the next couple of years.  One things for sure Parents will not be there for ever, and knowing your child can look after themselves is in my opinion a great achievement.

I really appreciate with you comment that cheers me up a lot !!!

Once again thank you so much ! 

9 hours ago, Slimz said:

Hi everyone , I am new here and i have read many of the topics in this forum that i think they are related to my case but i still get confused cause there are lots of different opinions . My sister applied visa 143 for my parents and i ( i was 21 years old at lodged date in 2018 ) . I had advice from various registered immigration agents and they all told us as long as i keep being dependant then i am still eligible to be in the application and get the visa because the age is counted on lodgement date as the processing time is variable so it is hard to keep the child's age not growing .

I have just noticed about the rule changed in November 2016 and set the limit age is 23 for two months and recently talked to another registered immigration agent and she explained the new rule for me like this .

Is this reliable or could anyone give any opinion ?

Now , I am studying my second bachelor degree and have not worked yet . I am really worried and exhausted about it at the moment since i am so scared to be leaving back and my parents do not want it either.😥

Thanks a lot for your attention . I really appreciate for any contributions !!!

Member of family Unit:

A person is a member of the family unit of another person (the family head) if the person:

(a)  is a spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or

(b)  is a child or step‑child of the family head or of a spouse or de facto partner of the family head (other than a child or step‑child who is engaged to be married or has a spouse or de facto partner) and:

(i)  has not turned 18; or

(ii)  has turned 18, but has not turned 23, and is dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partnerof the family head; or

(iii)  has turned 23 and is under paragraph 1.05A(1)(b) (mentioned below) dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or 

(c)  is a dependent child of a person who meets the conditions in paragraph (b).

Dependent (1.05A(1)(b)😞

(1)  Subject to subregulation (2), a person (the first person) is dependent on another person if: 

(a)  at the time when it is necessary to establish whether the first person is dependent on the other person: 

(i)  the first person is, and has been for a substantial period immediately before that time, wholly or substantially reliant on the other person  for financial support to meet the first person’s basic needs for food, clothing and shelter; and 

(ii)  the first person’s reliance on the other person is greater than any reliance by the first person on any other person, or source of support, for financial support to meet the first person’s basic needs for food, clothing and shelter; OR

(b)  the first person is wholly or substantially reliant on the other person for financial support because the first person is incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of the first person’s bodily or mental functions.

As long as you are dependent on your father for your food and shelter, stay at his place and does not start earning money, you will be eligible. The definition given on department website is basic. OR is a triggered word in this definition

when did u applied ur visa.?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LBee said:

can u tell what to add in file number while lodging aos via gov. au account.? 

I believe if you are aged 23 or over at the time of decision for grant  you will not be granted it unless you are dependant because you are disabled in any way. But this then means you would face problems  in passing the medical. I’m sorry but I think the others are right that you will not be accepted as dependant. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slimz said:

I applied in 2018 after the new rule had changed in November 2016 . 

at the time of application u was 23 & while u get decision u ll be over. dont wory u ll get ur visa. u have send them some dependancy proofs like your university certificates, & that u are dependent on your parents S

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I believe if you are aged 23 or over at the time of decision for grant  you will not be granted it unless you are dependant because you are disabled in any way. But this then means you would face problems  in passing the medical. I’m sorry but I think the others are right that you will not be accepted as dependant. 

Thanks for your contributory opinion ! I appreciate it .

6 minutes ago, Ammy143 said:

at the time of application u was 23 & while u get decision u ll be over. dont wory u ll get ur visa. u have send them some dependancy proofs like your university certificates, & that u are dependent on your parents S

My sister applied the visa when i was 21 years old . She sent proof of enrollment as at that time when i was still studying in the first university and others like bank statements of mine ...etc . I think that is really much at the beginning but CO must require more to prove dependency and it is even harder than before since the rule have changed . Hope that you are right ! 

Thanks so much for your opinion Ammy !

6 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

@Ammy143 To quote this to the poster, you should be sure you’re right as you’re giving reassurance and hope to them they will get a visa.  What you’ve said is wrong. It doesn’t matter what they were when the application was lodged, it only matters what they are when the case officer takes the case near to completion.  Unless you can show clear evidence that what you stated to them is correct you should follow this up with saying that’s just your opinion but you don’t know if it’s immigration procedure.  By the time a 2018 application is looked at which will be in about 2 to 3 years, this poster will be 25/26. She will not got the visa and you’ve now given her false hope. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VLong said:

I think u still can get the visa , but evidence to prove that you dependent on your parent much more harder . U need to sign up for class until your case open and you cant work until that time

You think or you know? It’s really important to give the right information to someone, especially when it sounds like an enormous issue to them.  Unless you know what you’ve said is correct, which I’m very sure it’s not, then you need to tell the poster you just think it may be ok rather than get their hopes up. Evidence needed doesn’t get harder. You can either satisfy the immigration department that you are dependant and that you are under the age deadline or you can’t.  

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for the comments which all of you gave to me . 

That's really kind of you . 

Could i just close the question that i asked in my first post ? As i think it may lead to an unwanted argument .

I appreciate and respect everything !!! Have a nice weekend !

Sorry for my bad English that is likely to make you misunderstood  cause honestly i am not good at English .