Guest guest36187

24 minutes ago, nitz said:

@Kathss56 it is really bizzare and one more thing if you send an empty email to parentsvisa@homeaffairs.com.au ,it is written in the mail ,they are processing files march 2016 for visa 143 while 2 days ago they were saying february 2016 nothing is being predictable these days in the world i would just leave it on god now ,i do not know what is happening  because on the top of email it is clearly written that parent visas are on hold upto may end but this little thing changed february to march

No, that is not what the auto-email says.

It says that applications are not being finalised:

Processing of visa applications is continuing, however finalisation of many Parent Visa applications will be put on temporary hold. The situation will be reviewed in late May 2020, and further extension/s will be provided if necessary.

This is pretty clear to me - you appear to be seeing something that isn't there ...

Best regards.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

That would be a short-sighted move, since there's likely to be a heavy burden on Australia's social services for many years to come after this is over.   The government would be foollish to fast-track 864 visas, knowing those visa holders will cost the taxpayer far more over their remaining lifetime than they've paid in fees.  

On that basis the Government would stop the processing of parent visa applications wholesale - so I respectfully don't concur with what you are saying ... IMO the parent/family visa program can be delivered for 2019/20 by granting 864 applications rather than 143s, and onshore partners rather than offshore partners.

Best regards.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marisawright said:

That would be a short-sighted move, since there's likely to be a heavy burden on Australia's social services for many years to come after this is over.   The government would be foollish to fast-track 864 visas, knowing those visa holders will cost the taxpayer far more over their remaining lifetime than they've paid in fees.  

My gut was to disagree, but with little else to do during lockdown curiousity led me to the Productivity Commission's 2016 report.  It stood out that the costs associated with the parent visa seemed to be based upon the 143 / 103, with a footnote to confirm this.

A surprise for me was that 90% of the 103 visa holders and 73% of 143 holders at the time, had a weekly personal income of less than $300; meaning that on average most would never pay tax and as such be net receiviers from the state through the balance of their working lives and into retirement, including entitlement to the full aged care pension assuming no other international or domestic income.  On that basis the calculated cost of $335k - $410k per parent stacks up.

However, if you think of an 864 / 804 (assumed arriving with full UK state and personal super), would only be eligible for the pension after 10 years, and in many cases for the UK example potentially never eligible. Whilst there are of course associated healthcare costs, I suspect that if the same analysis was applied to 864/804 visa holders the cost to the tax payer would be significantly reduced vs the headline cost above, and potentially even covered by the 2nd Vac payment of the 864.  Dependant upon income and tax status you may even see a surplus from these visa holders, and that's why I think it's a lever the government have to pull.  There may be some better data on this but I couldn't find.

In respect of easing the overall burden on social services, I suspect that this will simply return to some of the recommenations that have not been implemented prior; namely a virtual removal of the 804/103 streams, and doubling at least in first pass the 2nd Vac for the 846/143 streams.  No talk of that in the media but I am sure it will be on the agenda in the coming months (along with franking credits, etc).

Jeez I really was bored.  Better get Netflix!!  Good luck to all those waiting for visas, hope they come through soon!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ferrets said:

My gut was to disagree, but with little else to do during lockdown curiousity led me to the Productivity Commission's 2016 report.  It stood out that the costs associated with the parent visa seemed to be based upon the 143 / 103, with a footnote to confirm this.

A surprise for me was that 90% of the 103 visa holders and 73% of 143 holders at the time, had a weekly personal income of less than $300; meaning that on average most would never pay tax and as such be net receiviers from the state through the balance of their working lives and into retirement, including entitlement to the full aged care pension assuming no other international or domestic income.  On that basis the calculated cost of $335k - $410k per parent stacks up.

However, if you think of an 864 / 804 (assumed arriving with full UK state and personal super), would only be eligible for the pension after 10 years, and in many cases for the UK example potentially never eligible. Whilst there are of course associated healthcare costs, I suspect that if the same analysis was applied to 864/804 visa holders the cost to the tax payer would be significantly reduced vs the headline cost above, and potentially even covered by the 2nd Vac payment of the 864.  Dependant upon income and tax status you may even see a surplus from these visa holders, and that's why I think it's a lever the government have to pull.  There may be some better data on this but I couldn't find.

In respect of easing the overall burden on social services, I suspect that this will simply return to some of the recommenations that have not been implemented prior; namely a virtual removal of the 804/103 streams, and doubling at least in first pass the 2nd Vac for the 846/143 streams.  No talk of that in the media but I am sure it will be on the agenda in the coming months (along with franking credits, etc).

Jeez I really was bored.  Better get Netflix!!  Good luck to all those waiting for visas, hope they come through soon!

Don’t think many or any 864/804 applicants from UK would have super? and our state pensions are frozen from the day we arrive, so the value drops considerably over the years.

A large % of parent visa applications come from Asia, perhaps that explains the $300 figure you mention? 

I genuinely think we will almost all of us cost the country more than the $43,000 cost of the visa as we age, and i do think it’s unrealistic that the parent visa will continue in its present form. 

My husband and I felt fairly fit when we got our visas last year, but have already had a few unexpected health issues in just that short time. 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ramot said:

Don’t think many or any 864/804 applicants from UK would have super? and our state pensions are frozen from the day we arrive, so the value drops considerably over the years.

A large % of parent visa applications come from Asia, perhaps that explains the $300 figure you mention? 

I genuinely think we will almost all of us cost the country more than the $43,000 cost of the visa as we age, and i do think it’s unrealistic that the parent visa will continue in its present form. 

My husband and I felt fairly fit when we got our visas last year, but have already had a few unexpected health issues in just that short time. 

Totally agree it's unrealistic to continue in current form, but on the face.of it the 864 is potentially much cheaper to the tax payer than other streams which is why they might pull that lever to get the second vac, particularly as onshore at this time.  But hey just speculation.

Hope your health is doing as well as possible at this time!!

16 hours ago, Ferrets said:

However, if you think of an 864 / 804 (assumed arriving with full UK state and personal super), would only be eligible for the pension after 10 years, and in many cases for the UK example potentially never eligible.

But remember that the UK pension is frozen at the level you're receiving when you first arrive in Australia.   So for those people who arrive without private pensions, the likelihood is that they will get some Australian pension eventually, as the value of their UK pension drops every year. However the pension costs aren't the main factor.   When you consider that one hip replacement costs the Australian taxpayer around $30,000, perhaps you can see how the health costs alone would far outweigh the visa fee.  And that's not to mention the prescription costs.

One could say that they might as well grant visas to UK applicants, because they're already receiving those benefits through the reciprocal scheme, but then they'd be accused of discrimination no doubt...

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

But remember that the UK pension is frozen at the level you're receiving when you first arrive in Australia.   So for those people who arrive without private pensions, the likelihood is that they will get some Australian pension eventually, as the value of their UK pension drops every year. However the pension costs aren't the main factor.   When you consider that one hip replacement costs the Australian taxpayer around $30,000, perhaps you can see how the health costs alone would far outweigh the visa fee.  And that's not to mention the prescription costs.

One could say that they might as well grant visas to UK applicants, because they're already receiving those benefits through the reciprocal scheme, but then they'd be accused of discrimination no doubt...

I have no idea how many almost destitute parents come from the UK, as implied to be only receiving a diminishing UK state pension. As I have lived here as a retiree for 17 years I do know,, quite a few people here on the parent visa, and no one fits that scenario. If you do have a private pension, then it’s for life, unlike as I understand it your super? I think the most vulnerable would be the widowed, but it would be sad if any who moved here to be with family wouldn’t be supported by them, as their situation would be known before they came.

I do think that it is unsustainable for the parent visa to continue in its present state, especially in the present climate.

1 hour ago, ramot said:

I have no idea how many almost destitute parents come from the UK, as implied to be only receiving a diminishing UK state pension. As I have lived here as a retiree for 17 years I do know,, quite a few people here on the parent visa, and no one fits that scenario.

I agree, if a parent is reliant on a UK pension, they probably can't afford to make the move (unless their child pays for it).  That's why I said the cost of the Australian pension is almost irrelevant.   The huge cost is in health and aged care  - as you'll be well aware, having had to pay for your own health insurance/costs here, before you got PR. 

Having said that, I have seen posts here from children wanting to move their parents here and asking how quickly they could access the pension and other benefits.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I agree, if a parent is reliant on a UK pension, they probably can't afford to make the move (unless their child pays for it).  That's why I said the cost of the Australian pension is almost irrelevant.   The huge cost is in health and aged care  - as you'll be well aware, having had to pay for your own health insurance/costs here, before you got PR. 

Having said that, I have seen posts here from children wanting to move their parents here and asking how quickly they could access the pension and other benefits.  

Luckily we had no gap or any extra charges on our health insurance, but you are right, it’s a bit eye watering when you see how much procedures cost.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ramot said:

Luckily we had no gap or any extra charges on our health insurance, but you are right, it’s a bit eye watering when you see how much procedures cost.

Yes it can be expensive...I’ve just started working as a receptionist in a medical centre....lots to learn ❤️😎

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Yes it can be expensive...I’ve just started working as a receptionist in a medical centre....lots to learn ❤️😎

Hope you are well protected.  When you live in the UK, you don’t think about the cost of anything as it’s all free on the NHS

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, ramot said:

Hope you are well protected.  When you live in the UK, you don’t think about the cost of anything as it’s all free on the NHS

Yes we have good practices in place..and a Covid testing tent out in the car park! .and have just had the seasonal flu jab

On 09/04/2020 at 03:51, liam12356 said:

hi there,

Its just a non-related to this group but I cant find any answers else where. Ive had 143 visa for 3 years, and now i have a new passport so i want to update it to the department. The thing is because 143 visa is paper application so i need to apply via form 929 and send it to the email address provided in the form. 

Ive already submitted the 929 form and my new passport bio data page on Jan 9, 2020. The processing day are over 60 days in the auto response email but its  already 3 months /90 days and my visa still has not been linked to the new passport.

1. Do I need to submit my old passport bio page for them? Or is it late because of the coronavirus situation? 
  2. I have recently changed my name in Australia and updated to the bank, medicare, driver licence, etc.. Do I need to notify to DHA my new name ? (my passport is still the old name, I dont apply for new name in my passport) because next year i will eligible for citizenship application so I am wondering  about the applicant name  on Immi account . Can I use my new name that Ive changed in Australia to apply? (Immi Account calculates your residence date base on the applicant name and passport number to allow you to continue for filling out the whole form later in the system).

Thank you, Happy Easter and stay safe everyone :).

Regards,

Liam

Hi Liam.   I’ve just sent for a new UK passport - God knows when that will arrive - but reading your mail made me realise that I will need to link my new passport to my PR visa??  If the link hasn’t been made and you need to travel, do you have to take a paper copy of your visa with you?

3 hours ago, loui0619 said:

Has anyone had any luck getting an auto reply from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au?

I've sent a few 'test' emails but had no replies whatsoever, does that mean i got blocked?...:/

I did try with a different email but its the same...

Try adding visa 143 in subject mate

On 18/04/2020 at 04:34, Fisher1 said:

Hi Liam.   I’ve just sent for a new UK passport - God knows when that will arrive - but reading your mail made me realise that I will need to link my new passport to my PR visa??  If the link hasn’t been made and you need to travel, do you have to take a paper copy of your visa with you?

Hey Fisher,

Well im currently in Aus now and Ive sent the 929 form with my new bio data page to the 929 mailbox and the auto response from them is in the capture attached below.

Ive sent to them since 09/01/2020 and there is no any news from them till now more than 3 months. I dont know if its because of the virus or the high volume of applications or am I missing required documents that results this long processing time to my file.

Anyway, as shown in the capture, if you are travelling overseas from Aus you will need to bring your old and new passport and the ABF or other officers will update it for you when you check in the flight.

If you are travelling to Aus, the decision depends on the the airlines but normally they will update it for you as well. 

Hope this help you 🙂 If you know any answer to some of my concerns feel free to quote it down ill pretty appreciate it 🙂

Regards

Capture.PNG

On 20/04/2020 at 02:37, liam12356 said:

Hey Fisher,

Well im currently in Aus now and Ive sent the 929 form with my new bio data page to the 929 mailbox and the auto response from them is in the capture attached below.

Ive sent to them since 09/01/2020 and there is no any news from them till now more than 3 months. I dont know if its because of the virus or the high volume of applications or am I missing required documents that results this long processing time to my file.

Anyway, as shown in the capture, if you are travelling overseas from Aus you will need to bring your old and new passport and the ABF or other officers will update it for you when you check in the flight.

If you are travelling to Aus, the decision depends on the the airlines but normally they will update it for you as well. 

Hope this help you 🙂 If you know any answer to some of my concerns feel free to quote it down ill pretty appreciate it 🙂

Regards

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the info - sorry I cant help with your concerns, you are further down the road than me. Good luck with it all.

I have received require for 2nd Vac for our 143 visa yesterday however they not send me payment attached. I dont know how much money and options to pay for our visa .

Hope they will reply soon 🙏  

Edited by VLong

5 hours ago, sub7er said:

@VLongAre u onshore at the moment? i am a bit confused your signature says you applied for visa 173 or is that a typo mistake? it would be good to know if they have started asking for 2nd Vac for visa 143 for applicant who are offshore(outside Australia).

Really hope they do something now

Hi everyone , I am new here and i have read many of the topics in this forum that i think they are related to my case but i still get confused cause there are lots of different opinions . My sister applied visa 143 for my parents and i ( i was 21 years old at lodged date in 2018 ) . I had advice from various registered immigration agents and they all told us as long as i keep being dependant then i am still eligible to be in the application and get the visa because the age is counted on lodgement date as the processing time is variable so it is hard to keep the child's age not growing .

I have just noticed about the rule changed in November 2016 and set the limit age is 23 for two months and recently talked to another registered immigration agent and she explained the new rule for me like this .

Is this reliable or could anyone give any opinion ?

Now , I am studying my second bachelor degree and have not worked yet . I am really worried and exhausted about it at the moment since i am so scared to be leaving back and my parents do not want it either.😥

Thanks a lot for your attention . I really appreciate for any contributions !!!

Member of family Unit:

A person is a member of the family unit of another person (the family head) if the person:

(a)  is a spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or

(b)  is a child or step‑child of the family head or of a spouse or de facto partner of the family head (other than a child or step‑child who is engaged to be married or has a spouse or de facto partner) and:

(i)  has not turned 18; or

(ii)  has turned 18, but has not turned 23, and is dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partnerof the family head; or

(iii)  has turned 23 and is under paragraph 1.05A(1)(b) (mentioned below) dependent on the family head or on the spouse or de facto partner of the family head; or 

(c)  is a dependent child of a person who meets the conditions in paragraph (b).

Dependent (1.05A(1)(b)😞

(1)  Subject to subregulation (2), a person (the first person) is dependent on another person if: 

(a)  at the time when it is necessary to establish whether the first person is dependent on the other person: 

(i)  the first person is, and has been for a substantial period immediately before that time, wholly or substantially reliant on the other person  for financial support to meet the first person’s basic needs for food, clothing and shelter; and 

(ii)  the first person’s reliance on the other person is greater than any reliance by the first person on any other person, or source of support, for financial support to meet the first person’s basic needs for food, clothing and shelter; OR

(b)  the first person is wholly or substantially reliant on the other person for financial support because the first person is incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of the first person’s bodily or mental functions.

As long as you are dependent on your father for your food and shelter, stay at his place and does not start earning money, you will be eligible. The definition given on department website is basic. OR is a triggered word in this definition