Guest guest36187

With these unprecedented situation we are in and conditions changing everyday as a result government needing to hand out billions of dollars to support the economy and most affected, there have been so many changes already to make those into effect and help. I reckon govt needs to make some money or find new ways to do so. 

Even a small change in the law could be helpful I reckon!

Can I assume that you are onshore in Australia that you believe this a good idea!

Changing laws is not a quick process, and why would the government make certain visa holders/applicants in Australia more favourable than those offshore!!  

Every government worldwide is affected by Covid19, not just Australia.  What we should be doing is washing hands regularly and doing our bit to keep Covid19 at bay.  

We all want our Visas, and we have all being waiting patiently to move forward, so let’s continue to be patient and do our bit to combat Covid19.

• Like 6

Not onshore and waiting very patiently for my mother's visa.

The entire idea/suggestion of implementing such amendment is due to the only fact that parents are of an age that is the most vulnerable and the way this virus is spreading if we can restrict our old parents stay in Australia if they are already here where it might be safe than other countries (only assuming) than why not.

How many times has a migration lawyer seen 8503 been deferred in such a scale as someone here only suggested that they have seen many of their applicants have received it in hours if not days. That was never the case. DHA has asked people to apply for new visas to avoid over staying and breaching visa conditions which is brand new work/processing I reckon and the fees is not that exorbitant either compared to the parent visa 864 or 143.

Not trying to skip the line and make my way as I already said but just a thought to help in any way possible. One off amendments can happen in these unprecedented times. We are all in this together and can only do so much.

On 28/03/2020 at 03:54, Piel said:

Hi @Piel 

@Mily 
bank guarantee  for main applicant is $10k. The second and third will be $4k each

so totally is $10 + 4 + 4 = 18k

you need at least 2 set of aos. Because Each aos can cover maximum of 2 migrants + any dependent child under 18

When the assurer can not meet the income requirement then you can do joint aos. But there is maximum of 3 joint assurers.

income Requirement depend on your situation. imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4imageproxy.php?img=&key=578e852abf1eefa4

you can see the picture i add below fyi. Btw the annual nsa rate is updated twice a year and you can seach on centrelink website. It is around $16k now atm

A small update to the 103/804  visa queue this morning , the queue reduced by 120  for dates up to 10/01/2020 . The 804 published figures again appear to be wrong .

queue date            Total in queue               Reduced since last update

23/05/2011            4150                                         60

01/05/2014            11780                                       10

24/08/2015.            20200.                                     10

16/06/2016.            28740.                                      20

10/01/2020.             34970.                                     20

TOTAL   REDUCTION.                                              120 

Edited by palaceboy1
Mistake

Hi, Confused as to what finalisation of visa applications mean.I hope someone knows it maybe .Is that means granting the visa or requesting for 2nd vaq payment as well. a lot of people here including me had their aos accepted who lodged their file in feb 2016 ,we were all waiting for the second vaq request and there came the lockdown lol,i dont think they will even grant 2 vaq requests now, i request people to post it here if anyone does get an email requesting 2nd vaq during this time.

Hi all,

It’s been some time since I posted anything but it’s great to see the progress being made despite what’s going on in the world. 
We applied for our 143 visa 26/06/16 and thought it would be a good idea to get our ducks in a row. My question is about our assures as we need to have joint assures. Can anyone help with this. How do we go about this? Any information/help with this will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance :))

2 hours ago, Nita16 said:

Hi all,

It’s been some time since I posted anything but it’s great to see the progress being made despite what’s going on in the world. 
We applied for our 143 visa 26/06/16 and thought it would be a good idea to get our ducks in a row. My question is about our assures as we need to have joint assures. Can anyone help with this. How do we go about this? Any information/help with this will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance :))

Do you have a child in Australia?

With a partner or spouse?

I suggest you might start with them.

See also: https://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3/80   (though the amounts are for a previous financial year)

Best regards.

2 hours ago, Nita16 said:

We applied for our 143 visa 26/06/16 and thought it would be a good idea to get our ducks in a row. My question is about our assures as we need to have joint assures. Can anyone help with this. How do we go about this? 

Your assurers need to be people who are willing to provide a bond, which the government will hold for several years.  Usually that will be your child or their partner.

Sometimes, if the assurer can't afford to provide the bond, the parents give them the money.  However, be aware that it is a gift.  The bond is held in the assurer's name, not in your name.  When the bond is refunded at the end of the period, it will be paid to the assurer, and the parents have no legal right to reclaim the money. 

We have seen cases where parents have given the money to a family friend so he can be an assurer. When the money was refunded, it was paid to the family friend and he would not give it back.  There was nothing the parents could do.

17 hours ago, nitz said:

Hi, Confused as to what finalisation of visa applications mean.I hope someone knows it maybe .Is that means granting the visa or requesting for 2nd vaq payment as well. a lot of people here including me had their aos accepted who lodged their file in feb 2016 ,we were all waiting for the second vaq request and there came the lockdown lol,i dont think they will even grant 2 vaq requests now, i request people to post it here if anyone does get an email requesting 2nd vaq during this time.

Hi Nitz, 

have same issue, don’t even know if any emails are coming from immigration. We are waiting for 2nd VAC as well 

hi there,

Its just a non-related to this group but I cant find any answers else where. Ive had 143 visa for 3 years, and now i have a new passport so i want to update it to the department. The thing is because 143 visa is paper application so i need to apply via form 929 and send it to the email address provided in the form. 

Ive already submitted the 929 form and my new passport bio data page on Jan 9, 2020. The processing day are over 60 days in the auto response email but its  already 3 months /90 days and my visa still has not been linked to the new passport.

1. Do I need to submit my old passport bio page for them? Or is it late because of the coronavirus situation? 
  2. I have recently changed my name in Australia and updated to the bank, medicare, driver licence, etc.. Do I need to notify to DHA my new name ? (my passport is still the old name, I dont apply for new name in my passport) because next year i will eligible for citizenship application so I am wondering  about the applicant name  on Immi account . Can I use my new name that Ive changed in Australia to apply? (Immi Account calculates your residence date base on the applicant name and passport number to allow you to continue for filling out the whole form later in the system).

Thank you, Happy Easter and stay safe everyone :).

Regards,

Liam

Hi,

Thanks Alan and Marisawright for your replies, they are very much appreciated. In response our son is our sponsor and he is single. However, he has taken a year off work to continue further study. Whilst he meets the income requirement for the previous year, this year may be a problem, hence the need for another assurer. The second assurer is a family friend who is also single but still lives in his family home in Australia.  I understand that they both need CRN numbers from centre link but I don’t know the process or how a joint application can be made.

Thank you for the heads up about parents providing the bond but giving to a family friend. It is for this reason we would like our son to be a joint assurer.

Any advice is helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

On 30/03/2020 at 14:57, LBee said:

Can I assume that you are onshore in Australia that you believe this a good idea!

Changing laws is not a quick process, and why would the government make certain visa holders/applicants in Australia more favourable than those offshore!!  

Every government worldwide is affected by Covid19, not just Australia.  What we should be doing is washing hands regularly and doing our bit to keep Covid19 at bay.  

We all want our Visas, and we have all being waiting patiently to move forward, so let’s continue to be patient and do our bit to combat Covid19.

I am not sure that it requires a change of law.

Historically the CPVs onshore were processed quicker, and whilst the department has now made clear that will be rectified, I am unsure if that was a law change or realising that they were non compliant that led to the change.

Test email from Friday has revealed finalisation of many parent visas is on temporary hold, and that they are still seeking to nromalise timing between the 864 and 143. 

That said, I'm sure if they opened the gates on the existing 864 applications (note international travel ban means the list is likely static), then there would likely be a cash income to the government.  We live in strage times and I wouldn't be surprised if that was a tap that was turned, especially given what will be a collapse in the education sector this year.

Keep safe all!

• Like 1

On 13/04/2020 at 15:38, Ferrets said:

I am not sure that it requires a change of law.

Historically the CPVs onshore were processed quicker, and whilst the department has now made clear that will be rectified, I am unsure if that was a law change or realising that they were non compliant that led to the change.

Test email from Friday has revealed finalisation of many parent visas is on temporary hold, and that they are still seeking to nromalise timing between the 864 and 143. 

That said, I'm sure if they opened the gates on the existing 864 applications (note international travel ban means the list is likely static), then there would likely be a cash income to the government.  We live in strage times and I wouldn't be surprised if that was a tap that was turned, especially given what will be a collapse in the education sector this year.

Keep safe all!

GUYS i found this on facebook someone got there visa 143 granted today,Is this a good sign?Maybe it means they are starting to grant parent visas again

C49F2B22-5E03-4BF7-809E-41F42EAC973E.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Is this an offshore 143 or an onshore 143 - ie was the 143 visa applicant the holder of a 173 visa?

Best regards.

Would it normally have the date of first arrival on grant? ie. activate in first 12 months. 
Date of birth is strange ?? Bit old for a “dependent” ???

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Would it normally have the date of first arrival on grant? ie. activate in first 12 months. 
Date of birth is strange ?? Bit old for a “dependent” ???

Looks like an onshore 143 case - as you say there's no required initial entry date on the grant advice, and with 143s granted to 173s there no re-testing of the dependency requirement at the permanent visa stage.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

On 13/04/2020 at 20:08, Ferrets said:

That would be a short-sighted move, since there's likely to be a heavy burden on Australia's social services for many years to come after this is over.   The government would be foollish to fast-track 864 visas, knowing those visa holders will cost the taxpayer far more over their remaining lifetime than they've paid in fees.  

Edited by Marisawright

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

@nitz how bizarre when they say they are on hold until May 2020. However good news if they are still processing!

@Kathss56 it is really bizzare and one more thing if you send an empty email to parentsvisa@homeaffairs.com.au ,it is written in the mail ,they are processing files march 2016 for visa 143 while 2 days ago they were saying february 2016 nothing is being predictable these days in the world i would just leave it on god now ,i do not know what is happening  because on the top of email it is clearly written that parent visas are on hold upto may end but this little thing changed february to march

• Like 1