Guest guest36187

Hi there, there is a question that i want to ask for contributory parents visa. Ive seen on their website that you need to wait for 2 years to get most social security payments (now is 4 years) for newly arrived migrants. What exactly payments are these? and Is subclass 143 eligible for the government payment from the stimulus package? .Would it be affected to your AoS bond? Thank you 

People on 143 are not eligible for benefits for 10 years. It’s one of the conditions for the visa. I’m not sure  about the government stimulus but I believe that if you did manage to get any other  financial help from Centrelink  they would recover  it from the sponsors AOS  bond, which is normally refundable after 10 years. 

19 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

People on 143 are not eligible for benefits for 10 years. It’s one of the conditions for the visa. I’m not sure  about the government stimulus but I believe that if you did manage to get any other  financial help from Centrelink  they would recover  it from the sponsors AOS  bond, which is normally refundable after 10 years. 

Think this might change according to some new news just being reported, need to wait to read all the details 

43 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

That's not quite true, it's only the pension you have to wait 10 years for.   You can access benefits same as all other visa holders, used to be after 2 years now I think it may have been extended to 4.  They are also looking at waiving this for new visa holders so watch the news.

On 15/03/2020 at 15:52, SusieRoo said:

Your post was perfectly clear to me. I find it difficult to understand why anyone would want to turn it into something else. This is a stressful time for many of us here and the last thing we need right now is another forum misunderstanding and more dented egos.

I still think it was pointless splitting this parent thread into two. It was so much better when there was just one place to check for parent visa news. What do you think?

We too have flights booked in the next three weeks and I feel it is unlikely that we will now be allowed to travel. We are also taking our dogs this time, which is going to cause innumerable problems because of the timing for their medical tests and quarantine in Australia.

To make matters worse, we sold our house last month and have been saying in a holiday cottage, which we now have to vacate in ten days time. So I’ve been carful not to buy too many groceries, but now have only one pack of loo roles left… STRESSED!!!

I agree with you SusieRoo, definitely better as one forum. We are in the same predicament as you although we live in Spain... we have a dog going through the process at the moment. She was due to fly on the 1/4 and we were flying on the 8/4. Now we are in lockdown until at least 14/4 and her final blood tests were done on 13/3 so will probably expire and need to be started again. Although we haven’t managed to sell our house, I did sell my car and hired one for a month so not a good decision. Crystal Ball comes to mind!! Good Luck but most of all Stay Safe.

• Like 1

On 24/03/2020 at 18:45, Jellybean T said:

I agree with you SusieRoo, definitely better as one forum. We are in the same predicament as you although we live in Spain... we have a dog going through the process at the moment. She was due to fly on the 1/4 and we were flying on the 8/4. Now we are in lockdown until at least 14/4 and her final blood tests were done on 13/3 so will probably expire and need to be started again. Although we haven’t managed to sell our house, I did sell my car and hired one for a month so not a good decision. Crystal Ball comes to mind!! Good Luck but most of all Stay Safe.

I think you will have to wait for 1 or 2 months max. Good luck. 

3 minutes ago, Greece said:

Ohh!  Sorry, I'm not aware of this!😲😨 Sad news !!!

Where are  you living?   Don't you watch the news?   The coronavirus pandemic is not going to disappear, even with the lockdowns we're having.  Governments are not trying to stop it now, they are just trying to slow down the infection so the hospitals can cope.  

The government has said the travel ban will be in place for at least six months, probably more.   We will not have a vaccine for at least another year and probably 12-18 months, so coronavirus will still be a risk until then, unless it disappears naturally (which is unlikely, although we can hope).  

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Where are  you living?   Don't you watch the news?   The coronavirus pandemic is not going to disappear, even with the lockdowns we're having.  Governments are not trying to stop it now, they are just trying to slow down the infection so the hospitals can cope.  

The government has said the travel ban will be in place for at least six months, probably more.   We will not have a vaccine for at least another year and probably 12-18 months, so coronavirus will still be a risk until then, unless it disappears naturally (which is unlikely, although we can hope).  

I came back to Syd 3 days back only and living in self-isolation for 14 days in my room. Not seeing TV news but just started seeing Abc news on my laptop. I was 1 or 2 months guessing that Corona virus will be defeated by all countries in the world. I'm still hopeful for this to happen.

Edited by Greece

On 19/02/2020 at 18:02, Piel said:

Hi Kush99,

After payment of 2nd vac, have you got the visa yet?

Does your brother pass the dependent child check?

Thanks newbie 

Piel

Hi @Piel

Yes the visa was granted for my brother after the second vac.

Thanks

Edited by Kush99

1 hour ago, Greece said:

I came back to Syd 3 days back only and living in self-isolation for 14 days in my room. Not seeing TV news but just started seeing Abc news on my laptop. I was 1 or 2 months guessing that Corona virus will be defeated by all countries in the world. I'm still hopeful for this to happen.

All governments have admitted that it cannot be defeated now, it is too late. All we can do is try to slow down the rate of infection so our hospitals don’t run out of beds and equipment, and have to let people die

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greece said:

Sadly not a chance. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kush99 said:

Hi @Piel

Yes the visa was granted for my brother after the second vac.

Thanks

Hi @Kush99,

Thank you and congratulation to your parents. As i have seen questions in relation to dependent child popping up here and there in the thread, I think it would be good if i sumarize your case here. It would be benefit for other ppl in the same situation like you.

1. Age restriction:

Any application prior to 11/12/2016 (date when the law changed, not quite sure if it is correct) will not have any age restriction. 

Your bro was 22 at the date of application and 26 at the date visa granted.

2. Dependency check:

The co will ask for further evidences of dependency at the time of processing. 

Your bro was still a full time student at the time of processing,  hence still be dependent on your parents. Could you please share your experiences of how to prove the dependency. Which docs have you provided?

3. Aos only provided for your parents

You only need to provide ao for your parents not your bro although he is an adult too. Am I correct?

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you

Latest update from test email 

IMPORTANT NOTE

Finalisation of many Parent Visa applications will be put on hold for a period of approximatelytwo months. The situation will be reviewed in late May 2020, and further extension/s will be provided if necessary.

As soon as we have advice that restrictions at our Border have been returned to more normal arrangements, the Department will update information on the web site.

At this time, we are not legally able to amend visa conditions and existing notifications to visa holders.

Bridging B visas (BVB)

If you are a BVB holder and you have departed Australia and you cannot return to Australia by the time your BVB cease date, your BVB will cease.  There is no provision to extend the travel date of the BVB.  You cannot be granted a BVB whilst you are overseas.  If you have lodged an application for a BVB and you wish to withdraw the application, please contact us by email to:parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

You may apply for a refund of a withdrawn BVB application via “Manage Payments’ in the ‘My Payments’ drop-down tab of your ImmiAccount.  Here is the link to the Departments website for information on ‘Getting a refund’:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/change-in-situation/get-a-refund

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Piel said:

Hi @Kush99,

Thank you and congratulation to your parents. As i have seen questions in relation to dependent child popping up here and there in the thread, I think it would be good if i sumarize your case here. It would be benefit for other ppl in the same situation like you.

1. Age restriction:

Any application prior to 11/12/2016 (date when the law changed, not quite sure if it is correct) will not have any age restriction. 

Your bro was 22 at the date of application and 26 at the date visa granted.

2. Dependency check:

The co will ask for further evidences of dependency at the time of processing. 

Your bro was still a full time student at the time of processing,  hence still be dependent on your parents. Could you please share your experiences of how to prove the dependency. Which docs have you provided?

3. Aos only provided for your parents

You only need to provide ao for your parents not your bro although he is an adult too. Am I correct?

Feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you

Hi @Piel 

Thank you

1. I am not sure about the age restriction.

2. CO will send a dependent questionnaire and they may ask for other documents if they need.

The following documents which I have provided including the questionnaire were:

• Bank statements showing money transferred to the dependent child from parents for basic need and uni fees. I provided the bank statement of my brother and of my parents.
  • Current enrollment letter, COE and fees statement of uni.
  • Documents of previous education i.e. COE, mark sheets or transcripts and Degree certificate.
  • An affidavit stating that parents are supporting the dependent child for uni fees and basic needs.

3. AOS need to be provided for a dependent child if the child crosses 18, under 18 no need. 

Thank you

Hope someone can help!

Looks like I will be on leave without pay soon due to you-know-what 😕

I am looking at getting that $1100/fortnight Jobseeker payment from Centrelink for now until our company is back on normal trading.

Does anyone know if that would affect negatively on my AOS when it comes to my turn? (probabbly end of next year or in 2012)

Many thanks!

Edited by loui0619
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kush99 said:

Hi @Piel 

Thank you

2. CO will send a dependent questionnaire and they may ask for other documents if they need.

• Bank statements showing money transferred to the dependent child from parents for basic need and uni fees. I provided the bank statement of my brother and of my parents.
  • Documents of previous education i.e. COE, mark sheets or transcripts and Degree certificate.
  • An affidavit stating that parents are supporting the dependent child for uni fees and basic needs.

3. AOS need to be provided for a dependent child if the child crosses 18, under 18 no need. 

Thank you

@Kush99mate can you tell how old were you at the time of visa grant and visa application?

6 hours ago, Kush99 said:

Hi @Piel 

Thank you

Thank you

Hi @Kush99

1. It is alright. The fact that your bro was 22 at the date of application and 26 at the date visa granted has answered my question already.

2. Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed information. I am very appreciated and pretty sure many members will be benefited from your experience.

3. In relation to aos, did you sponsor for 3 adults in total (parents and adult child)? How much income was needed for aos? As i have used the Aos checker in centrelink website which only allows me to add max 2 assurees regardless of how many assurers i have put in, so cant work out how much income needed for 3 assurees. Sorry the link was down so i cant attach it here.

I believe bank guarantee will be $30k for all three.

But please share income info you provided for aos to be approved. Approximation should be more than enough for me. I will understand if you dont want to share this info.

A big fat thank you from me.

12 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

IMPORTANT NOTE

Finalisation of many Parent Visa applications will be put on hold for a period of approximatelytwo months. The situation will be reviewed in late May 2020, and further extension/s will be provided if necessary.

As soon as we have advice that restrictions at our Border have been returned to more normal arrangements, the Department will update information on the web site.

At this time, we are not legally able to amend visa conditions and existing notifications to visa holders.

Bridging B visas (BVB)

If you are a BVB holder and you have departed Australia and you cannot return to Australia by the time your BVB cease date, your BVB will cease.  There is no provision to extend the travel date of the BVB.  You cannot be granted a BVB whilst you are overseas.  If you have lodged an application for a BVB and you wish to withdraw the application, please contact us by email to:parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

You may apply for a refund of a withdrawn BVB application via “Manage Payments’ in the ‘My Payments’ drop-down tab of your ImmiAccount.  Here is the link to the Departments website for information on ‘Getting a refund’:

Depressing news all around 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Piel said:

3. In relation to aos, did you sponsor for 3 adults in total (parents and adult child)? How much income was needed for aos? As i have used the Aos checker in centrelink website which only allows me to add max 2 assurees regardless of how many assurers i have put in, so cant work out how much income needed for 3 assurees. Sorry the link was down so i cant attach it here.

I think you may assure a maximum of two adults at any one time. You may need another assurer.

15 hours ago, Piel said:

Hi @Kush99

1. It is alright. The fact that your bro was 22 at the date of application and 26 at the date visa granted has answered my question already.

2. Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed information. I am very appreciated and pretty sure many members will be benefited from your experience.

I believe bank guarantee will be $30k for all three.

But please share income info you provided for aos to be approved. Approximation should be more than enough for me. I will understand if you dont want to share this info.

A big fat thank you from me.

bank guarantee  for main applicant is $10k. The second and third will be $4k each

so totally is $10 + 4 + 4 = 18k

you need at least 2 set of aos. Because Each aos can cover maximum of 2 migrants + any dependent child under 18

When the assurer can not meet the income requirement then you can do joint aos. But there is maximum of 3 joint assurers.

income Requirement depend on your situation. 

you can see the picture i add below fyi. Btw the annual nsa rate is updated twice a year and you can seach on centrelink website. It is around $16k now atm. 

On 27/03/2020 at 04:51, Piel said:

C4B6F38C-C303-4860-BCAF-BD2182EFD5E8.jpeg

9C8909B4-298B-4764-B62E-1AC399492242.jpeg

322FD4DA-DB1A-472E-B23D-D5404B1C75F0.jpeg

C87A6E5C-9002-4FFE-AA51-9713989C81DA.jpeg

51F67709-D851-4A7B-B53E-11903254260C.jpeg

On 27/03/2020 at 16:58, LindaH27 said:

IMPORTANT NOTE

Bridging B visas (BVB)

In my opinion, the Government should instead speed up the process and determine if there are any 143 applicants that are onshore and process their applications.. I'm sure they will be willing to pay the 2nd vac which would help government with some revenue instead of handing out bvb or asking them to apply for any other visa to stay in aus if their visa's are going to end soon.

16 minutes ago, Anks said:

In my opinion, the Government should instead speed up the process and determine if there are any 143 applicants that are onshore and process their applications.. I'm sure they will be willing to pay the 2nd vac which would help government with some revenue instead of handing out bvb or asking them to apply for any other visa to stay in aus if their visa's are going to end soon.

143 visa applicants who can be granted onshore are very limited - the main cohort being 173 visa holders.

Subclass 864 visa applicants might see their applications moving again ...

Best regards.