Guest guest36187

(behind a paywall) ...

"All foreign nationals will now be banned from entering Australia due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Scott Morrison has hardened the closure of the nation’s borders, after earlier this week forcing all new entrants into Australia to self-isolate for 14 days.

All Australian citizens, residents and direct family members will still be able to enter the country, but will have to self-isolate."

Best regards.
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:
(behind a paywall) ...

"All foreign nationals will now be banned from entering Australia due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Scott Morrison has hardened the closure of the nation’s borders, after earlier this week forcing all new entrants into Australia to self-isolate for 14 days.

All Australian citizens, residents and direct family members will still be able to enter the country, but will have to self-isolate."

Best regards.

Hi Alan,

Do you think they will just hold off issuing 143’s etc to those of us who are onshore, as obviously we cannot leave to activate 😞

4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi Alan,

Do you think they will just hold off issuing 143’s etc to those of us who are onshore, as obviously we cannot leave to activate 😞

You can - you come back as Australian permanent residents and then self isolate for 14 days.

That's my interpretation at the moment ... what the PVC will say remains to be seen.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kathss56 said:

It’s certainly a time in our lives to stay put really, in your own environment that you know.  

That's really true.  I just hope that they will allow applicants living onshore to remain in Australia till the visa granted and auto-activate in the country. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:
(behind a paywall) ...

Best regards.

Hi Alan is there any idea of how long the ban will last? My flight isn’t till mid June but thinking of cancelling. TIA ! 

On 10/03/2020 at 15:28, Alice___ said:

No, not yet, we’re still waiting. Anyway, fingers cross and keep praying everyday and I’ll update if I have any good news.

Hi,i am in a unique situation here.Just received an email from Immigration to send pcc for my mother stating all the 3 names she is known by.Her official name is Manjit Kaur Pabla which is on her passport and that is what central Indian government use for issuing Pcc.However, immigration asked to list all these names on Pcc but Indian government Does not issue pcc with multiple names.Has anyone been through situation?Will appreciate if anyone can figure out  what to do

1-)Manjit Kaur Pabla-Officialname on passport

2-)Manjeet Kaur-on class 10thmarksheet

3-)Manjeet kaur Pabla

19 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@LindaH27 If you can change date for free I’d definitely leave it until later.  If they are still charging fees probably in a few days/weeks they won’t be.

Thanks @Kathss56 Im booked with Etihad and apparently at the moment they will change but you have to rebook by August and  Im not sure how long this ban is for. 

Think I will wait a bit longer as surely if UK is banning travel out and Australia are banning travel in, the airline will  have to refund surely?? 

Also I see you’re onshore waiting for your grant - I really hope they don’t make you leave and come back to validate - I mean where could you fly to ??!! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by LindaH27

35 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Think I will wait a bit longer as surely if UK is banning travel out and Australia are banning travel in, the airline will  have to refund surely?? 

Yes, they will refund if the flight does not go or travel is banned, but it's a gamble as by August, who knows !
We've changed the date of our travel (free of charge at the moment) as it's too big a gamble for us, can't afford to lose that money.

We have flights with BA on a still open route, except we can’t enter Australia now on a 600 visa. And it appears BA won’t automatically cancel these flights (Because the route is still open) and if we choose to cancel, we don’t get the full refund.

Edited by SusieRoo

Hi everyone , We already done the bank guarentee but we just realized that the name of my mother missing one word because of the centrelink letter (my son in law did the bank guarentee for us). Is there any chance we can fix this problems? We very confused because maybe we cant take the money out from the bank . And even centrelink approve our aos , immigration wont grant the visa for us 

Edited by VLong

16 minutes ago, VLong said:

Hi everyone , We already done the bank guarentee but we just realized that the name of my mother missing one word because of the centrelink letter (my son in law did the bank guarentee for us). Is there any chance we can fix this problems? We very confused because maybe we cant take the money out from the bank . And even centrelink approve our aos , immigration wont grant the visa for us 

Did you send copy of AoS approval to pvcteam  as they require you to do this. Then maybe explain your problem when you send it

37 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

We have flights with BA on a still open route, except we can’t enter Australia now on a 600 visa. And it appears BA won’t automatically cancel these flights (Because the route is still open) and if we choose to cancel, we don’t get the full refund.

Can you change date for later in the year maybe best option. Everything changes daily and rapidly so they may let you cancel eventually. Qantas gave me a credit voucher for full amount valid until Mar next year 

Edited by Kathss56