Guest guest36187

45 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@palaceboy1 are you also onshore at the moment? 

45 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

@palaceboy1 are you also onshore at the moment? 

No , back home in UK . We have arranged  house swops in Mount Lawley and Inglewood from 1st September for 3  months so hope to validate the visa then and return home to sell up .

Edited by palaceboy1
Grammar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Hi Kathss56 so great to see that you have got so far in the process. I was wondering about you and popped. Been in AUS 6 months already can you believe it. Best of luck to you 

Aww Thankyou! Glad you are enjoying life. I love it here 

2 hours ago, Greece said:

HI, I HAVE BOOKED MY FLIGHT TO SYDNEY THIS MONTH END ON 31st MARCH.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL THAT AUSTRALIA WILL ALLOW US TO DISEMBARK FLIGHT LOOKING AT COVID-19  SCARE???

I’m afraid you will just have to wait, as rules/advice changes daily. Look on health.gov.au for their updates. You could also contact pvc1team and ask. 
I was looking to fly out of Oz soon to activate my 143 but unsure yet as what will happen. I intend to contact them for advice nearer the time. At the moment they advise you not to leave Oz except for essential travel but nothing about anyone incoming from the U.K. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Yes, the free movement of people into countries such as Australia is a moving target at the moment.

Witness the New Zealand PM's announcement this afternoon.

If you're coming from the UK you should be OK, but don't hold me to it ...

Best regards.

Makes me wonder if they will still stick to 28 day rule for anyone onshore to leave to activate visa. Who knows!?!?

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

It’s just been announced by PM that all entrants to Australia will have to isolate for 14 days. ! 

Yes just read that. Trouble is some won’t! If I go out to activate visa and then come  back, I will then have to hide away in my bedroom away from my family whom I live with for 14 days. 😩😩

To be honest it’s not really enforceable. All entrants will be leaving the airports in cars Trains, buses and taxis etc potentially spreading the virus further if they’re carrying it. How can they enforce holiday makers in hotels to self isolate?? People who are only there for 3 weeks won't do it. 

Edited by LindaH27

27 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

To be honest it’s not really enforceable. All entrants will be leaving the airports in cars Trains, buses and taxis etc potentially spreading the virus further if they’re carrying it. How can they enforce holiday makers in hotels to self isolate?? People who are only there for 3 weeks won't do it. 

I believe Queensland has a penalty of $13k for anyone found violating the self quarantine rules. We will wear masks at the airport and until we get home. No idea if  other states will begin to impose penalties.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

They will rely on other people telling them that someone has come into Oz I suspect 

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Yes just read that. Trouble is some won’t! If I go out to activate visa and then come  back, I will then have to hide away in my bedroom away from my family whom I live with for 14 days. 😩😩

It’s going to extend times if you go to a country that has a self isolation limit as well eg New Zealand.  All for our own good though I suppose!  Uk isn’t doing anything yet that I can see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

They may struggle to enforce it but to say people won’t do it is a poor representation of the human race. Some will always ignore what they’re told and think of themselves before others but I’d hope most would abide by the rule set out by Australia if they chose to land on their soil.  I have a holiday booked in just over two weeks and I’m going to try and reschedule my flights to a later date. However, if I was to still come on the original dates I would fully respect what the Australian government have announced and I’d stay indoors. I’d hope that all descent people would. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

They may struggle to enforce it but to say people won’t do it is a poor representation of the human race. Some will always ignore what they’re told and think of themselves before others but I’d hope most would abide by the rule set out by Australia if they chose to land on their soil.  I have a holiday booked in just over two weeks and I’m going to try and reschedule my flights to a later date. However, if I was to still come on the original dates I would fully respect what the Australian government have announced and I’d stay indoors. I’d hope that all descent people would. 

Good for you...all the best 😎😎😎

• Thanks 1

Of course most decent people will! . I have a holiday there booked for June - still waiting to see what will happen. I’ve  actually nearly finished self isolating for 7 days as I developed a cold and cough which has greatly gone down so I think it’s just that - a cold. But I’m still doing what was asked of me although I’m aware of others who don’t ! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Of course most decent people will! . I have a holiday there booked for June - still waiting to see what will happen. I’ve  actually nearly finished self isolating for 7 days as I developed a cold and cough which has greatly gone down so I think it’s just that - a cold. But I’m still doing what was asked of me although I’m aware of others who don’t ! 

That’s good but your post said ‘to be honest it’s not really enforceable’ and ‘people who are there on holiday won’t do it’  You didn’t say some people will ignore it, you said people won’t do it. The fact you also said it’s not really enforceable would leave many to read that as you were almost saying don’t worry about it. Probably just a bad choice of words but if you read your post again it almost gives a green light to carry on as normal and ignore it. 

The written word is and always has always  susceptible to  misinterpretation , I’ve misunderstood some posts myself In the past. I was actually concerned that some may try to avoid it and was worried about how it could be enforced to stop people doing that 

For the record  -  as I’m now unable to edit the original post - I am not condoning that people should try and avoid self isolation 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The written word is and always has always  susceptible to  misinterpretation , I’ve misunderstood some posts myself In the past. I was actually concerned that some may try to avoid it and was worried about how it could be enforced to stop people doing that 

For the record  -  as I’m now unable to edit the original post - I am not condoning that people should try and avoid self isolation 

I agree We have probably all written the odd post that wasn’t quite written as was intended. Not worth making a big deal about. 

More important things to worry about.

• Like 2

HI all lovely people.

I just have a question to ask. I am currently in the last stage of visa 143 where they are asking me to prove I am a dependant person. Roughly how much money to be received by parents will be considered as dependant? or How would you prove yourself are a dependant person.

Thanks all and much appreciated.

10 minutes ago, JeremyNg266 said:

HI all lovely people.

I just have a question to ask. I am currently in the last stage of visa 143 where they are asking me to prove I am a dependant person. Roughly how much money to be received by parents will be considered as dependant? or How would you prove yourself are a dependant person.

Not so much the amount but the proportion. Are you more reliant on your parents than any other source, not just for income but accommodation etc?also age is important.  

14 minutes ago, JeremyNg266 said:

HI all lovely people.

Read this ..     https://www.acacia-au.com/including-family-members-changes-from-19-November-2016.php

it may give you some answers.  I think you need to be under 23 and still studying to be considered dependent.  If you’re over 23 you have to prove you are incapacitated to work...maybe speak to an agent to clarify?  Good luck 😎😎