Guest guest36187

Hi everyone! I just received the acceptance of AOS this Monday. This Wednesday I have received an email from the department of home affairs. They asked for the notary certificate of birth for the sponsor.  I have some troubles to get my birth certificate right now. Just wondering whether there are documents equivalent to the birth certificate that I can submit to them such as australian citizenship, Australian passport and drive licence. Is there anyone who encounters the same issue? Please advice. Thank you very much. 

19 hours ago, Marisawright said:

So, just imagine it - I'm sure you've seen the tear-jerking articles in the newspapers about some granny who's managed to stay in Australia for years without a permanent visa, and then she fails the medical (which they always knew she would) and is due to be deported.   Even though she and her family knew full well that would happen, they still make it sound like it's all a big surprise and the government is the bad guy.

When I first started thinking about migrating to Australia, the 143 processing times were about 1 or 1.5 years. When I became eligible as a sponsor, the processing time were advertised to be 2 years, but really were more like 4 years. It now appears the advertised 4 years, are really more like 8 or 9 years.

When it's actually time for the medicals, would it actually be more like 12 years? 15 years?

Sadly, the longer it takes, the more it becomes likely to fail the medicals. If and when that happens, I will have people like you telling me "oh come on. You knew that all along. Stop portraying the government as the bad guy. Australia does not need you, after 15 years of your taxes subsidising Medicare of those who came before you. Your parent is a liability. Now go back to your country and take care of your parent."

If you can provide a logical rebuttal to the above, it would honestly help me sleep better at night.

Thank you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, apparition232 said:

Sadly, the longer it takes, the more it becomes likely to fail the medicals. If and when that happens, I will have people like you telling me "oh come on. You knew that all along. Stop portraying the government as the bad guy. Australia does not need you, after 15 years of your taxes subsidising Medicare of those who came before you. Your parent is a liability. Now go back to your country and take care of your parent."

If you can provide a logical rebuttal to the above, it would honestly help me sleep better at night.

I didn't say anything about logic.  I said the government wants to avoid that kind of publicity - and they know that's what would happen, if they create a visa which allows people to come and stay in Australia in old age with absolutely no access to public medical,  welfare or support services.  That's why it ain't gonna happen, unfair or not.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

I didn't say anything about logic.  I said the government wants to avoid that kind of publicity - and they know that's what would happen, if they create a visa which allows people to come and stay in Australia in old age with absolutely no access to public medical,  welfare or support services.  That's why it ain't gonna happen, unfair or not.   

Marisa, you have probably just summed up why temporary long term the 410 retirement visa was stopped!!! Totally self sufficient ,  not entitled to anything at all, no Medicare, welfare or support services. Many after years and years of living here found the costs and lack of help as they got older and income started to become a real problem returned to UK to take advantage of all on offer there, having not really thought out the long term implications of living here with no support. Others from other countries eg Africa have found it very hard to survive, Australia is very expensive if for example you need to go into care. 

No idea at all how it would work if a permanent visa instead of temporary as the above. Sounds totally unrealistic to be honest.

Perhaps you need to contact Peter Dutton with your ideas, because PIO isn’t going to be able to change any visas.

In a few cases published about elderly people on the non contributory parent visa facing leaving due to failing their medical after years here there is a special visa that can be applied for , Can’t remember the number, but has been successfully applied for.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

Woohoo! Just got AOS acceptance letters today! Another step closer!!! I am getting more excited....

They has mentioned in the email they already informed the Immigration department about the outcome. Should I Need to do anything? I remember someone post said you need to email  the letters to the case officer as well????

Thanks

• Congratulations 4

7 hours ago, Thongoc said:

I just sent email to immigration and they said they are processing applications in Jan 2016 so just gotta wait then... Not much we can do I guess

The processing dates are all over the place. Like you plenty others after me got THE email after Xmas. Really hope you hear something very soon. Check your junk mail also. 🤞🤞

Hi everyone! My brother lodged my file on 15 August 2017 with mother and i fulle dependent on my parents now i have some doubts about dependency age limit when my brother applied my file my age is 20 now i am 23 year old is it ok. Can embassy gave me the visa maybe when case officer check our file maybe i will 24 or 25 year old can anyone clear my doubts please thanks

27 minutes ago, Jagdeep1 said:

Hi everyone! My brother lodged my file on 15 August 2017 with mother and i fulle dependent on my parents now i have some doubts about dependency age limit when my brother applied my file my age is 20 now i am 23 year old is it ok. Can embassy gave me the visa maybe when case officer check our file maybe i will 24 or 25 year old can anyone clear my doubts please thanks

Unlikely. You would have to be under 25 and dependant.  They have probably got another 3 years or nearly before they get the visa, certainly over 2 years so I’m sure you wouldn’t qualify.  I’d be very surprised if the case officer was checking your file in less than 2 years time. If they are you may be in luck but with current queue times very unlikely 

I believe the rules for dependant  child  changed 19 November 2016 so before your application. The dependant child now has to be under 23 at the time of grant of visa. So by the time  your visa is being processed it’s likely you will not be considered dependant

From a website dated 17 November 2016

Children under 18 are considered members of the family unit by default.

Children over 18 can currently be included in visa applications, providing they are financially dependent on their parent. Generally, it is sufficient to provide evidence that they are still studying and have not started working full time.

From 19 November, children can only be included if they are under 23 years old and this is likely to affect many potential applicants with adult children.

To include a child over 23, you would need to show that the child is incapacitated for work. This would generally result in issues in meeting the health criteria for the visa.

Hi @Jagdeep1,

Unfortunately, you have lodged your application after 19/11/2016. Thus you would get affected by the new rules (Please refer to the attached image after changes)

But in my case, I have applied in July 2016, so I will not be affected by these changes as there is no upper age limit  (i am 24 years old) and still dependent on my parents by studying full time. (check the attached image before the changes) 

@Tulip1 I have asked a registered immigration agent about this matter and he has informed me that it does not matter if you are over 25 years, as much as you could prove the dependency on your parents.

@Alan Collett it would be great if you could confirm what I am saying. 

Thanks

Rules after 19-11-2016.png

Rules before 19-11-2016.png

I’ve just arrived back in the Uk on an already planned trip for my stepdaughter’s wedding.  The letter from Immi granting my visa was already in my email in box when I landed.  Hip hip hurrah,  all finally sorted without problems! Many many thanks again and again to everyone who has supported and helped me along the way.  This forum really did give the tips, the reassurances and the emotional support necessary to make the whole process actually very simple.  The main thing it also gave me was that message of patience.

i know I should now update my signature to say visa granted but my jet lagged brain can’t remember how to do it!  I’ve always found that bit difficult to find.  Sorry.  Good luck and patience to all those still waiting.

• Congratulations 14

26 minutes ago, AMP said:

I’ve just arrived back in the Uk on an already planned trip for my stepdaughter’s wedding.  The letter from Immi granting my visa was already in my email in box when I landed.  Hip hip hurrah,  all finally sorted without problems! Many many thanks again and again to everyone who has supported and helped me along the way.  This forum really did give the tips, the reassurances and the emotional support necessary to make the whole process actually very simple.  The main thing it also gave me was that message of patience.

i know I should now update my signature to say visa granted but my jet lagged brain can’t remember how to do it!  I’ve always found that bit difficult to find.  Sorry.  Good luck and patience to all those still waiting.

Huge congrats.....and enjoy the wedding! 🎉🎉🎉

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Congratulations on getting your visa, this site I agree is a big help to all those in the queue. Enjoy the wedding and your life in Australia. 

• Like 1

On 20/02/2020 at 15:50, Lady Jane said:

It says in the auto response from the mailbox to send the letter to immi as they can process application quicker if the client sends the acceptance letter straight to them. 

Is this auto response the one in which they publish the processing times information?

I don't seem to be getting any auto responses from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au?

Are they still sending those auto responses?

9 minutes ago, apparition232 said:

Is this auto response the one in which they publish the processing times information?

I don't seem to be getting any auto responses from parents@homeaffairs.gov.au?

Are they still sending those auto responses?

You need to include some narrative in the subject line ...

Best regards.

Hi , The 103 and 804 visa queues have been updated today for anyone interested I have posted some queue date figures

queue date                Queue             Reduction          
07/01/2010               40                    10

03/05/2010               170                  40

23/05/2011               4210                230

01/05/2012                6400               10

01/05/2013                 9480               20

01/05/2014               11850               10

28/08/2015               20280                50

16/06/2015                28840               50

18/10/2019                35080                40

So the queue has reduced by 460 since the last update in November . A strange thing is the 804 queue ,  looking at a queue date of 24/08/2015 in November the queue was 3620 today it is 1060 a difference of 2560 / a queue date of 27/10/2019 in November it was 5680 today it is 1920 a difference of 3760 . Have they really processed that many 804,s ?

onshore visas 804 and 864 visas were being processed ahead of offshore 103  and 143 despite supposedly being in strict date order. Immi are aware of this now and are working to bring 103 and 143 up to same date as onshore visas

Auto email to WA parents had the Following 

onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

21 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

onshore visas 804 and 864 visas were being processed ahead of offshore 103  and 143 despite supposedly being in strict date order. Immi are aware of this now and are working to bring 103 and 143 up to same date as onshore visas

Auto email to WA parents had the Following 

onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

It does not make much sense how can they process 3500 in 3 months when they only have 1200 places for the year . When did immi issue the above statement .

Its also possible that it’s because 103 applicants are now much more aware of the extended wait and are now, like @palaceboy, changing to 143 and keeping their original lodgement dates. I’m not sure if 804 applicants can do the same swap to 864  

According to immi stats the queue at end June 2017 was  as follows 

The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2016–17 was 6218 places. Demand for places in the Contributory Parent category increased by 3312 applications (or 26.3 per cent) between
30 June 2016 and 30 June 2017. As at 30 June 2017, 38,508 clients remain in the pipeline, an increase of 28.9 per cent compared to the pipeline of 29,884 clients as at 30 June 2016.

But the following year they said that the same queue at June 2017 was much larger 

Contributory Parent
The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2017-18 was 6015 places. Demand for places decreased by 10,249 applications (or 46.9 per cent) between 30 June 2017 and 30 June 2018.
As at 30 June 2018, 48,595 applicants remain in the pipeline, an increase of 8.3 per cent compared to the pipeline of 44,886 applicants at 30th June 2017

Thats a difference of over 6300 for one year!  It might possibly be a lot of the 103 and presumably 804 applicants changing to the matching contributory visa.

Unfortunately - or not depending on which original visa people went for! -  this will probably extend the queue for original 143 applicants who were prepared to pay a premium for a quicker application.  

Whatever the explanation is, the simple fact is that wait times have massively blown out because Australia is cutting back on immigration particularly of older people. In earlier years 7175 contributory visas per year were granted, you can see the drop in the years quoted above to around the 6000 mark and I believe only around 5600 were granted last year. A lot of people believe that non contributory visa will either be discontinued or the wait increased. For example both the Remaining Relative  and Carer visas are now apparently being  quoted as having a 50 year wait!! 

immi themselves are saying it’s a 30 year wait for the 103 now. 

• Like 2